ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

They have already agreed to terms and it will pay 5x to 6x as much as is paid now.

I'm fully aware of the new media rights deal. You may not have read through the last paragraph. The NBA appears to take 50% of the profits right off the top. (Which makes sense since their footing the bill) Then there are other stakeholders who will get a cut. The W will see less the 50% of that money too its owners, (42 to 45%) I think. Then I imagine there will be a new CBA shortly where the players are going to want a bigger cut, obviously, and earned as well. Lets also not forget the teams all now flying charter, which they never did until Clark got here. Thats part of the reason they're losing 50 million this season. We'll see just how much they actually end up with after all this, but I doubt its going to be anywhere near what you would think. Again this is nothing against CC. Its just time to pay the piper for all their welfare to this point.

Reactions: Mister_Man
From the Indiana Fever:

Our rookie of the year, Caitlin Clark, knows how to share the rock

GVhM-jfXUAIkrKm

GVhNAPCXUAUzbhc

GVhNEFOXUAUEdKL

GVhNE6jXUAIcRSI

GVhNF1FXUAIr2_K

I'm fully aware of the new media rights deal. You may not have read through the last paragraph. The NBA appears to take 50% of the profits right off the top. (Which makes sense since their footing the bill) Then there are other stakeholders who will get a cut. The W will see less the 50% of that money too its owners, (42 to 45%) I think. Then I imagine there will be a new CBA shortly where the players are going to want a bigger cut, obviously, and earned as well. Lets also not forget the teams all now flying charter, which they never did until Clark got here. Thats part of the reason they're losing 50 million this season. We'll see just how much they actually end up with after all this, but I doubt its going to be anywhere near what you would think. Again this is nothing against CC. Its just time to pay the piper for all their welfare to this point.
It will be 5x to 6x what they are receiving now. I didn’t say they were going to live like NBA stars, but they will operate in the black, which they do not do now. And that is thanks to you know who.

Last edited:
It will be 5x to 6x what they are receiving now. I didn’t say they were going to live like NBA stars, but they will operate in the black, which they do not do now. And that is thanks to you know who.
I know very well WHO is responsible. Why do you keep posting like I'm dissing Cc2? Never done that once. The only thing I ever said was there were some great players in the W before Clark, (some before she was born) and there still are, and probably a few in the league who at this minute who are better overall players. she's erasing that gap almost daily, and right now she'd probably have to be in the mvp conversation. I don't think I should have to apologize because I said there may be bigger stars. I'm talking about their play ON the court. NO one has ever had her impact in terms of driving new fans to the game. Thats obvious. Thats part of the problem with the "media and online driven" fanbase today. By some of the fans comments in this very thread Angel Reese is the 2nd biggest "Star" in the WNBA today and thats absolutely ridiculous....

I know very well WHO is responsible. Why do you keep posting like I'm dissing Cc2? Never done that once. The only thing I ever said was there were some great players in the W before Clark, (some before she was born) and there still are, and probably a few in the league who at this minute who are better overall players. she's erasing that gap almost daily, and right now she'd probably have to be in the mvp conversation. I don't think I should have to apologize because I said there may be bigger stars. I'm talking about their play ON the court. NO one has ever had her impact in terms of driving new fans to the game. Thats obvious. Thats part of the problem with the "media and online driven" fanbase today. By some of the fans comments in this very thread Angel Reese is the 2nd biggest "Star" in the WNBA today and thats absolutely ridiculous....
The only reason I got involved was that I thought you were being over the top parsing someone’s post who figuratively said no one cared about the W before Caitlin and then you applied a literal interpretation to it. You keep bringing up new points to which I have responded to because I like to have the last word and I’m an asshole. Anyway, we all like Caitlin and agree she is the greatest basketball player of all time, so let’s all just be friends.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
The only reason I got involved was that I thought you were being over the top parsing someone’s post who figuratively said no one cared about the W before Caitlin and then you applied a literal interpretation to it. You keep bringing up new points to which I have responded to because I like to have the last word and I’m an asshole. Anyway, we all like Caitlin and agree she is the greatest basketball player of all time, so let’s all just be friends.
This.

Tenacious is an asshole.

JK. We ofc are all big fans of Caitlin and are just disagreeing on the usage of one little word.

Let's blame it on the WNBA schedulers for all this idle time to drill down on the minutia!

Lol, it's hard waiting 6 days when the Fever are playing so well.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I'm currently watching the Mercury @ Dream game. This game shows how great the Fever and their fans have it compared to some others. Atlanta plays in a 3500-seat arena and there are plenty of empty seats. Also, the place is dark. The packed, well-lit, full-of-energy Gainbridge Fieldhouse is an incredible atmosphere compared to this depressing place.

Last edited:
In looking for the TV coverage I ran across the halftime stats. Caitlin's assist lead is not at this moment in jeopardy, assist leaders: PHX Griner 1 Ast, ATL Canada 2 Asts, 2 TOs

Sorry, slow Caitlin news day.

I'm currently watching the Mercury @ Dream game. This game shows how great the Fever and their fans have it compared to some others. Atlanta plays in a 3500-seat arena and there are plenty of empty seats. In addition, the place is super dark. I guess they don't want anyone seeing how few fans are there, so they only light up the court and nothing else. The packed, well-lit, full-of-energy Gainbridge Fieldhouse is an incredible atmosphere compared to this depressing place.
So like Carver for a men's game?

The NBA appears to take 50% of the profits right off the top. (Which makes sense since their footing the bill) Then there are other stakeholders who will get a cut. The W will see less the 50% of that money too its owners, (42 to 45%) I think.

It is more complicated than that

1) The NBA doesn’t foot the bill…they kick in a very small percentage.

2) The NBA is a large owner.

3) The league money and the team money are separate. The NBA has been known to toss a ten million into an investment worth hundreds of millions to the WNBA. The teams are self sufficient.

I'll probably get rotten tomatoes thrown at me for posting Skip Bayless but if you want to see his Caitlin mea culpa start watching at 33:00.

He had had AR as his ROTY choice, lol:

Holy shit! Skip bayless admits he looks more forward to Caitlin and the fever than the Dallas cowboys. Just crazy how powerful her gravity is.

Lets just say that we disagree (somewhat) on what exactly "biggest star" means, at least to me. Obviously CC2 has created a different level of fandom. I'm more talking about BEST player in referencing biggest star. I'd say that is Wilson and then probably Breanna Stewart. AT THIS point. Clark is thrusting herself into the conversation with each passing game. People certainly knew who these women were, just not the Millions of fans that CC has driven to the sport. Its simply not fair to say "No one knew". We, and so many other new fans in both college and the W are now getting an education that there were some great players that we were not aware of. The fact that WE were not aware does them a disservice if we simply act like they didn't exist because WE weren't watching.
I had zero clue who Wilson was before Clark. None. Nada.

I knew who Stewart was but had zero clue that she was a good WNBA player before Clark. None. Nada.

And I’m a basketball junkie!

1) Skip is pretty sure he's the shit
2) is he on coke?
3) he's now figured out CC.
Having had the vantage point we've had for the last 4 plus years it's pretty entertaining watching the light turn on for some folks.

To hear someone as esteemed and knowledgeable as Coach K gushing about Caitlin's passing like it was quite the revelation kinda makes you smile.

Not knocking him btw, he got it right.

The Lynx won fairly comfortably @ Las Vegas tonight. Vegas is struggling a bit again. The Lynx are playing well. These teams play again, in Minnesota, on Friday. The Lynx then host the Fever on Saturday. It will likely be tougher for the Fever to win this time.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The Lynx won fairly comfortably @ Las Vegas tonight. Vegas is struggling a bit again. The Lynx are playing well. These teams play again, in Minnesota, on Friday. The Lynx then host the Fever on Saturday. It will likely be tougher for the Fever to win this time.
Yes, but 3 games in 4 days is a grind. If the fever can beat the lynx, it is on day 4 of said grind.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Very interesting comments by someone with obvious knowledge.

Her very first comment about speed I loved ... of course. All we heard about was the physicality and the "grown women" as CC entered the W.

I specifically remember one of her detractors (forget who) saying "Well this isn't going to be like Iowa where she had a track star like Hannah Stuelke to pass ahead to."

No, Mitchell and Hull are faster and Temi is like a long-striding gazelle. Suck it, speed can beat the old guard ground-and-pounders.

Sooo this is a flat out endorsement that the 22 year old is already the GOAT of all time women’s b-ball!!!

Somebody I know said this quite a while ago & even started a thread on it. 🤔

If I had a nickel, I’d throw it on the Fever to win the title this year.

I personally think they’ll lose in the finals but it’s still worth the odds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT