ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

It is more complicated than that

1) The NBA doesn’t foot the bill…they kick in a very small percentage.

2) The NBA is a large owner.

3) The league money and the team money are separate. The NBA has been known to toss a ten million into an investment worth hundreds of millions to the WNBA. The teams are self sufficient.
Its kind of hard to say their "self sufficient" when they lose money every year, (50 million this year by their own announcement). They wouldn't have been around 27 years without the NBA's checks. Thats not self sufficient.....
Ok, arm chair GMs, who do you cut after the season is over?

And don't say the Olympic Bronze Medalist! lol ;)

Pretty hard to see Wallace or Berger being on the squad given they haven't played a minute in the last ten games until the last 30 seconds Sunday. If Wheeler's contract is up they may let her go given she's the higest paid player on the team. Still she's a good team mate, so ?

I gotta admit when I watched that two months ago I was kinda having cognitive dissonance (to dust off a term from UI Sociology 101. Knew that was going to pay off someday!)

I had the upmost confidence in Caitlin ... BUT here is the GREAT Geno Auriemma unmasking all of these deficiencies in Caitlin and her game. A little bit unsettling I do confess.

Obviously I didn't know Geno and he didn't know Caitlin DESPITE her handing him his ass a few weeks earlier.

Damnit these people just keep stoking my Indiana fever!

Considering I don't know who 5 is, 5. Also, Berger, Wallace, and Wheeler. I would try my hardest to trade Smith for a different post player.

Jersey 5 is Boston's teammate at SC I think. Considering that she's a forward but has barely seen the floor at a position of need, I'd cut her for sure and find another forward to replace her. For the rest (Berger, Wallace and Wheeler), it depends upon who we can sign. If there are good options I'd part ways with all three. Lacking a bigger name veteran player signing, if she's available I'd like to see Taylor back on the team and given some meaningful playing time. To make room for her, I'd first cut either Berger or Wheeler, probably Wheeler if her contract isn't a salary cap issue.

GVn3YGPWUAAErOe

I've grown bored of the Angel Reese double double watch, so now focusing more on CC maintaining her league leading assist ranking. Checking the box scores of the Sun vs. Sky game it appears that Alyssa Thomas is having a good assist stats game with 10 at the end of the 3Q. CC was 22 assists up on Thomas, but with one more game played, heading into tonight. Looks like the assist lead will likely be well under 10 total by the end of the game.

I may have watched 5 minutes of the WNBA before this season trying to see a moment of Megan Gustafson. I just watched the last quarter of the Suns-Sky game, hoping to see Sky lose (Only to solidify the Fever's standing, really). Now I am watching the Aces game. I wonder what changed in the universe to get me to watch the WNBA?
For me it's because I've seen a lot of great athletes in my 40+ years as a Hawkeye fan, but I've never seen anything like what we are seeing in CC. She is not simply a great athlete, she is redefining the game. It's Jordan/Gretzky-esque. No one in my Iowa fandom experience has achieved this. It's crazy. I've never watched a WNBA game in my life before this year, and I'm checking up on the Mercury game tonight because if they lose Indiana might pass them.

The Caitlin Clark effect is real.

For me it's because I've seen a lot of great athletes in my 40+ years as a Hawkeye fan, but I've never seen anything like what we are seeing in CC. She is not simply a great athlete, she is redefining the game. It's Jordan/Gretzky-esque. No one in my Iowa fandom experience has achieved this. It's crazy. I've never watched a WNBA game in my life before this year, and I'm checking up on the Mercury game tonight because if they lose Indiana might pass them.

The Caitlin Clark effect is real.
We made the transition from free games in the north gym to the Gold Card for $10 (all women's sports) to today's wbb frenzy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT