ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Pretty much the closest Lieberman could come to calling her a dumb bitch without actually saying it.

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

A'ja Wilson.... last three games...

41-62 FG
107 points
39 rebounds
9 blocks

She put the kibosh on the Napheesa chatter in a hurry.

Last edited:
Reactions: ParkerHawk
Clark now sitting at 276 assists for the season (5th most all time). Needs just 41 assists in the final 7 games to break the single season record.

Clark at 617 points for the season. (7th best by a rookie). Needs 128 points to break the rookie record for points in a season.
Basically needs to average 6 assists per game. Barring disaster, she breaks this record with about 2-3 games to play.

Needs to average just over 18 points per game. Doable.

Before the Wings started fouling to stop the clock, it was 25-9 in free throw attempts in favor of the Wings. Pretty pathetic to have that big of a disparity. Boston gets the worst whistles in the league, both called on her and the ones not called for her.
Boston gets the least amount of respect from the refs I have seen this year. She just constantly gets screwed.

He said “so far”. No need to go back simply to try and “gotcha” him.
Seriously. She wasn’t playing great by her standards taking care of the ball, through the middle of the game. She’s not infallible. I’m sure she will say as much in the post game presser.

Wow. Kelsey Mitchell. Incredible. If CC is in the MVP conversation, KM can’t be too far behind.
Mitchell has been great, BUT, really? How do you suppose she's getting so many open looks? Oh that's right that #22 girl is shredding the WNBA record books in assists, is scoring almost as many points as Mitchell, AND drawing the other teams best defender away from her almost every night. Some context..

Would like to see Boston get more active on offense. They will need her in the playoffs.
The amazing thing is that she and Hull combined for just 13 points total and yet the Fever still end up scoring 100. This Fever team is beyond dangerous right now.

I can’t wait to see them take on the Lynx and Aces at Gainbridge here down the stretch now. Maybe it will end up being a reality check, but I’m not sure I’d want to be either of those teams right now. Gainbridge should be electric.

The amazing thing is that she and Hull combined for just 13 points total and yet the Fever still end up scoring 100. This Fever team is beyond dangerous right now.

I can’t wait to see them take on the Lynx and Aces at Gainbridge here down the stretch now. Maybe it will end up being a reality check, but I’m not sure I’d want to be either of those teams right now. Gainbridge should be electric.
I don’t think any team is playing better. Honestly, they haven’t played too many games yet hitting on all cylinders, which should be scary for the rest of the league.

A 30 point fourth quarter (just 19 for Dallas) leads to the Fever's 100-93 win.

Kelsey with 36 pts, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. She was 5-7 (71%) from three and 7-15 (47%) from two pt range. She was 7-8 (88%) from the FT line.

Smith with 14 points (on 7-12 shooting) and 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists and 2 steals.

CC's stats:

37 of the 40 minutes

5-11 (46%) from three
5-8 (63%) from two
10-19 (53%) Overall shooting

3-4 (75%) FTs

28 Points
12 Assists
4 Defensive Rebounds

1 Steal

Last edited:
It's too bad the Fever had such a shitty start to the season. As good as they are playing now, it'll be nearly impossible to reach the 4th seed and home-court advantage.
Yeah. But it sure is making for hell of a compelling mid-season turnaround (and a lot of people eating crow). We’re at least a season away from a championship anyway, I think (although I’d love to be wrong).

My wife is out of town watching this game on our WNBA League Pass (one viewer limit) in real time. I am watching the stats on ESPN, which is almost real time. I am reading the comments here. I am also watching on a link provided by someone we all know, which is great but it lags by a couple of plays. That's okay but my wife calls me once in awhile to say, ""Did you see that?!"
Ditto

Yeah. But it sure is making for hell of a compelling mid-season turnaround (and a lot of people eating crow). We’re at least a season away from a championship anyway, I think (although I’d love to be wrong).
I don’t know. I know I’m a biased superfan but I would not bet against Caitlin in the playoffs with a gunslinging partner now, and good bigs. I think they have a legit shot.

Chistie Sides has gone from needing to be fired to a coach who might come close to winning 2024 WNBA Coach of the Year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT