ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

This team can be so dumb. They just can't make enough smart, disciplined plays when it counts, against good teams. When the offense goes to crap and they are turning the ball over and missing shots, they don't have a defense to fall back on, so it quickly slips away. They can't get stops against better teams. I did not expect the Fever to win a game, but a few times in this game they were able to get a lead. Maddeningly, they immediately went to shit each time and gave up a big run to the Sun. They struggled to sustain good play all season. Let's hope they can acquire another good player who can help next year.

Last edited:
Shocking. There isn't a team in the league with less on the bench, and now having to start both Temi and Hull, nothing. Obviously the Fever brass had the same feelings about Smiths playtime with Carrington after last game and decided she was of Zero use to the team......
CC was 5-25 from 3 in this series. Made a big difference in this game. KM was bad and CC is a rookie. But to be that GOAT and mVP she will have to grow into a more consistent assassin from
3. And I think she will.

I know Clark had a decent points and assists game, but once again she was only 3-12 from three after shooting 2-14 on Sunday. The unfortunate reality is I don't believe Clark shot worth a damn from three in any game against a top team all season. I get it, the top teams play good defense, but she didn't hit many good, open threes against these teams, either. I'm sure one of her big goals next year is to get her 3-pt % up.

Last edited:
Front office has some work to do. Somehow KLS and Smith are under contract next year.

Do whatever it takes to get rid of them. Pretty much gotta keep KM. I like to think she can grow in a solid (know your) role player.

They desperately need a wing who can score and an interior player who eats kids for fun.

CC was 5-25 from 3 in this series. Made a big difference in this game. KM was bad and CC is a rookie. But to be that GOAT and mVP she will have to grow into a more consistent assassin from
3. And I think she will.
HOW does that have a thing to do with what I posted??????

I know Clark had a decent points and assists game, but once again she was only 3-12 from three after shooting 2-14 on Sunday. The unfortunate reality is I don't believe Clark shot worth a damn from three in any game against a top team all season. I get it, the tops teams play good defense, but she didn't hit many good, open threes against these teams, either. I'm sure one of her big goals next year is to get her 3-pt % up.
So, you don't think she was pressing with all the suckage going on, the no calls, and having to play EVERY minute YET again with no bench??

Lexi was a no show, Boston didn't get going until the second half, and Mitchell was cold in the 4th. Too much for CC to overcome on her own.

Please fire Sides.
I don't know what happened to Lexie. She was blazing hot for a while. She could hardly miss. However, then she fell back to Earth hard and she's been pretty cold for the last couple weeks. The Fever can't afford to go back to getting nothing from that position again. It can't be CC, Kelsey, and AB, and nothing from anyone else.

I don't know what happened to Lexie. She was blazing hot for a while. She could hardly miss. However, then she fell back to Earth hard and she's been pretty cold for the last couple weeks. The Fever can't afford to go back to getting nothing from that position again. It can't be CC, Kelsey, and AB, and nothing from anyone else.

I'm not going back to look when her shooting fell off exactly but it seemed like Lexie was constantly in first half foul trouble the last 5-6 games. So I wonder if her being in foul jail took her out of her rhythm.

3. And I think she will.
Bro.. she can only do so much. She shoulda shot the ball about 3 times as many times as she did. Sides has coached the killer out of her and it's the absolutely worst part about the season.. worse than the officiating, olympic selection, overt racism, flagrant fouls.. all of it. Sides openly coached the killer out of her from the beginning and it's absolutely mind-blowing. Historians will study this wnba season for 100s of years wondering why everyone was so ****ING stupid.

Cheryl Miller will bring the killer CC back. She makes more sense than any hire ever. Championships start next year if they hire her and the new GM goes full goetz.

Excited for future but still skeptical because the entire WNBA is an absolute shitshow

So, you don't think she was pressing with all the suckage going on, the no calls, and having to play EVERY minute YET again with no bench??
Yeah, I know she's not in an ideal situation, and the refs are trash. The no-bench shit killed Iowa in the title game, too. Clearly, the Fever need another piece or two, in addition to another year of experience.

Bro.. she can only do so much. She shoulda shot the ball about 3 times as many times as she did. Sides has coached the killer out of her and it's the absolutely worst part about the season.. worse than the officiating, olympic selection, overt racism, flagrant fouls.. all of it. Sides openly coached the killer out of her from the beginning and it's absolutely mind-blowing. Historians will study this wnba season for 100s of years wondering why everyone was so ****ING stupid.

Cheryl Miller will bring the killer CC back. She makes more sense than any hire ever. Championships start next year if they hire her and the new GM goes full goetz.

Excited for future but still skeptical because the entire WNBA is an absolute shitshow
CC was a 34 percent 3 point shooter this year. Yes, as the team gets better that number ahoukd improve. But she was not a good perimeter shooter this year. She wasn’t: To take the next step that needs to be at 40 percent range

Refs are crooked but the Sun have such a better roster. By far. Amazing what CC has done to elevate this team and what the big 3 have done despite no depth at all
Not by far…take Mabrey off that team and they’re average at best. The Fever may have beat them in the first game and definitely would have beaten them tonight.

Looking at the stats, the Fever got more shots, made more threes, and shot a slightly better % overall than the Sun did. The glaring difference is the free throws. The Fever were 7-9, which is ok, but the Sun shot a ridiculous 22-23. That's the game right there. They won by 6.

I know Clark had a decent points and assists game, but once again she was only 3-12 from three after shooting 2-14 on Sunday. The unfortunate reality is I don't believe Clark shot worth a damn from three in any game against a top team all season. I get it, the tops teams play good defense, but she didn't hit many good, open threes against these teams, either. I'm sure one of her big goals next year is to get her 3-pt % up.
She was great tonight and played the entire freaking game. She has 2 other legitimate players on the team in Boston, who’s in her 2nd year and Mitchell. 40 minutes of handling, distributing, getting the shit kicked out of her is incredibly hard. Her percentage won’t go up a lot unless they can surround her with better players to take the pressure off of her. It’s crazy to expect more honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT