ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I love that Erica and then Aliyah are the first two to be all over Caitlin.

There’s been a lot of talk about Erica. Scroll up and you’ll see that I’m included in those who’ve written some bad sh!t about her. But now I really wish they could find a way to keep her financially next season. Sign her to a much smaller contract and have Caitlin pull some endorsement strings to make up for the difference? Is that kind of thing allowed?

I misread her. I love what she brings in terms of attitude and how she really does appear to have Caitlin’s back. And if the Fever could just bring in a little more legitimate bench talent, she could give Caitlin some true rest minutes without the wheels completely falling off.

Don't forget: In Game 2, Wheeler knocked "eye poker" Carrington on her ass.

happy tv show GIF by American Idol

After that 1-8 start, they finished a very respectable 19-12.

I do think this team is close to making the "final 4." It will be interesting to see what they do in the offseason to make that happen.
The more I think about it, after resigning KM.
Priority #2 should be a defensive enforcer.
A player that if you cheap shot CC you can expect to be taken out. Job is to make teams think twice on fouling CC and set hard screens. Hockey employs goons to keep the peace and protect star players, and Caitlin has a bodyguard off the court but needs protection on it since refs have failed miserably.
I “thought” that would be Boston or Smith coming into the year. But Boston was too talented and Smith really didn’t find the role.

Reactions: LOTOlion
I love that Erica and then Aliyah are the first two to be all over Caitlin.

There’s been a lot of talk about Erica. Scroll up and you’ll see that I’m included in those who’ve written some bad sh!t about her. But now I really wish they could find a way to keep her financially next season. Sign her to a much smaller contract and have Caitlin pull some endorsement strings to make up for the difference? Is that kind of thing allowed?

I misread her. I love what she brings in terms of attitude and how she really does appear to have Caitlin’s back. And if the Fever could just bring in a little more legitimate bench talent, she could give Caitlin some true rest minutes without the wheels completely falling off.
She won me over the last half of the year with her energy on the bench. You could tell she was all in and she started to play her role as a breather for CC much better. Hard to justify her contract price without getting creative like you suggested with endorsements. Maybe CC could let the city know they need to show her some love with endorsements. Similar to what Vegas is doing for their team.

Reactions: LOTOlion
The more I think about it, after resigning KM.
Priority #2 should be a defensive enforcer.
A player that if you cheap shot CC you can expect to be taken out. Job is to make teams think twice on fouling CC and set hard screens. Hockey employs goons to keep the peace and protect star players, and Caitlin has a bodyguard off the court but needs protection on it since refs have failed miserably.
I “thought” that would be Boston or Smith coming into the year. But Boston was too talented and Smith really didn’t find the role.

Smith wouldn't touch her girlfriend, Carrington....LOL

So I guess the enforcer has to be single or straight....

Doesn't matter who voted for Angel Reese. Caitlin is the clear winner. She has been since Day 1. The rest that followed in the media was just to stir the pot. And I'm sure the person who voted for Angel wants his/her name out there - more clicks on that person's social media pages - you got to try to stay relevant, even if you come off as objectively ridiculous. Here's a thought bubble - If Angel could shoot better from around the basket, how many rebounds would she have averaged this year? Her double - double numbers are the only thing that kept her in the conversation among some people during the year, and a product of her inability to score at the basket. Take that away and she's not even in the conversation. That's a bit ironic.

Done with that.

Congrats to Caitlin. Now on to MVPs and championships.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT