ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Nice game.
Rebounded much better in second half.
Sides takes Wallace out and puts Hull in to guard Mambry. Good move.
CC & AB solid. Smith also.
Everyone looks happy.
Can we all please agree that Wallace should only see the floor during garbage time? Hull is so much better on defense, and Samuelson can actually shoot the ball.

This was exactly the game the Fever needed. They got a home game against a beatable opponent and they played well down the stretch to get a big victory. This moves them into 8th place. Despite the flaws, the Fever are very competitive when they aren't playing the top teams. The opening schedule was brutal, but they get to breathe now and it's showing.

Clark needs more games just like this. She didn't shoot a ton, but she was efficient... 3-7 from three, 4-4 from two, and 6-6 from the line. She had 5 TOs, but that's down a bit from the last few games and only a couple of the TOs felt like poor decisions. She also made a lot of good passes and had 9 assists.

Last edited:
Unlike the Atlanta game, I saw things to build on today. 1. The second half rebounding was excellent. 2. Sitting Wallace and increasing Hull and Katie Lou's minutes is a step in the right direction. 3. Caitlin did not get the cold shoulder from her teammates - they leaned on her today and she did not disappoint. 4. AB & Smith continue to look more badass each game.

Signs of life.

Unlike the Atlanta game, I saw things to build on today. 1. The second half rebounding was excellent. 2. Sitting Wallace and increasing Hull and Katie Lou's minutes is a step in the right direction. 3. Caitlin did not get the cold shoulder from her teammates - they leaned on her today and she did not disappoint. 4. AB & Smith continue to look more badass each game.

Signs of life.
Agreed.. now they just need Wallace (and wheeler) to get even less minutes. Don't understand why Berger never plays

Nice win for the Fever; they beat Chicago 91-83.

Caitlin led all scorers with 23 points. Marina Mabrey of the Sky had 22.

Caitlin's stats:

37 minutes (of 40 possible)

3-7 (43%) from three
4-4 (100%) from two
7-11 (63%) Overall shooting

6-6 (100%) FTs

23 Points
8 Defensive Rebounds
9 Assists

2 Blocks

5 Turnovers (I know, I know)
3 Fouls

Still a good assist to turnover ratio and a couple of these were great passes that her teammates fumbled.

Happy Sunday Haters.

s reactions share GIF

The Fever are 5-1 against teams that aren't NY, Connecticut, Seattle and Las Vegas. They definitely aren't world beaters but I don't think they are as bad as they looked during that early stretch. I thought they did a nice job today of getting Boston back-to-the-basket post touches which is where she is at her best. They did a nice job of balancing things out overall. It never seemed like one player was having to shoulder the entire offense today - their top four players all made plays on offense. Clark was really good in all phases today. I feel like when her shot is going down, she has a lot more positive energy and it improves all the other aspects of her game and rubs off on her teammates. She needs to have that energy even in games when the shot isn't falling.

It's starkly apparent that CC has a gigantic media team (Nike/Gatorade/etc) advising her and the rest of the WNBA has nobody. "Let those idiots bury themselves, we have bigger plans for you anyway."
Caitlin has always stayed above the fray, starting in high school. She is really handling all the pressure like a pro. Did you catch A’ja Wilson break into tears during yesterday’s post game press conference? The pressure of being a star and being critiqued every moment is tough.

Just watched the game and I think the Fever played better. Still tons to work on, but it was good to see them fight at the end to seal it. I can't stand the Sky, but I will say that IMO, Cardoso doesn't fit with the thug style that her teammates play. After watching some of the other teams the Fever have played, I think Cardoso is actually quite likeable.

Pretty impressive they survived that first ten games and are now sitting at the 8 seed. Just keep beating the teams below them and they might make the playoffs. Probably get blown out by the 1 seed but still getting there would be something. And they should only have a couple more games with Conn and NY combined after losing to them six times already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT