ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

As far as angel intentionally whacking her in the head - I have no clue if she has that much talent and control over her arms , or if she can Target her head with accuracy. So I got to think she was just wildly failing her arms which also should probably be a foul. So quit being a hack and wildly flailing around.

As far as angel intentionally whacking her in the head - I have no clue if she has that much talent and control over her arms , or if she can Target her head with accuracy. So I got to think she was just wildly failing her arms which also should probably be a foul. So quit being a hack and wildly flailing around.
I can't stand Reese as much as the next person, but to me it's obvious she is going for the ball. If you see the video from the baseline angle and pause it, her hand is quite close to the ball and her eyes are staring at the ball. Frankly I actually don't think she would be athletic enough to fake it to this extent while trying to intentionally hit her in the head. She was called for a F1 for the lack of control of where her arm ended up, easy call, correct call, nothing more to it on this one IMO.

I can't stand Reese as much as the next person, but to me it's obvious she is going for the ball. If you see the video from the baseline angle and pause it, her hand is quite close to the ball and her eyes are staring at the ball. Frankly I actually don't think she would be athletic enough to fake it to this extent while trying to intentionally hit her in the head. She was called for a F1 for the lack of control of where her arm ended up, easy call, correct call, nothing more to it on this one IMO.
Yeah the truth is probably somewhere there in between. Reese didn’t go in trying to whack her in the head by design. But the way she plays she was gonna get a piece of something one way or the other. If she fouls her, so be it. Message sent.

I would agree that she is going for the ball,.. however let's just say that Reese has a tendency to play "very freely" when Clark is involved...

Yeah the truth is probably somewhere there in between. Reese didn’t go in trying to whack her in the head by design. But the way she plays she was gonna get a piece of something one way or the other. If she fouls her, so be it. Message sent.
Yup. It was a "if you're gonna foul, foul hard and make sure they don't get an And-1" type of play.

Reactions: hawkosx and littlez
After the brutal start and flack the team was catching, they will probably actually get the last spot in the playoffs. As others have noted, they seem to be playing a better brand of basketball, even though the shots really aren't falling yet. Just yesterday, Caitlin could have had another 3 or 4 assists if dishes she made to wide open shooters on the perimeter would knock those shots down. One would hope the averages would even out and they will. If they catch fire at the tail end of the season things could get interesting...
It's almost like not having a chance to practice for the first three weeks of the season might have hampered team growth. Now that they aren't playing every other day, the have a chance to work on some things and develop some chemistry.

But at least if you are going to have no practice and heavy travel, it’s better to “waste” the games vs the elite. The odds of Fever winning vs Conn/NY were never great. But now most of those games are gone and the Winnable games are mostly left. Chicago still has NYConn heavy left so even as they improve, much harder remaining.
Losing opportunity to beat the 5-12 teams in league would of been worse than taking lumps from #1-4

Like most young teams the fever plays way better at home in front of a packed house. I have a feeling after 2 losses in a row it's going to be a tough one in Chicago.
Also, Fever play in ATL on Friday night, while Chicago has home game on Wed.

Not really worried about Clark, but am concerned with Boston and Smith going up against Cardoso with less than 2 days of rest

Like most young teams the fever plays way better at home in front of a packed house. I have a feeling after 2 losses in a row it's going to be a tough one in Chicago.
It's too bad this wasn't moved to an arena twice the size of the Sky's regular venue. Then it would be like a home game for CC and the Fever, kinda like Iowa vs NU. As it is, there will still be a large contingent rooting for CC, even a lot of Sky fans, lol.

But yeah, Rees, Carter and Co. are going to be lying in wait. Should be entertaining.

But at least if you are going to have no practice and heavy travel, it’s better to “waste” the games vs the elite. The odds of Fever winning vs Conn/NY were never great. But now most of those games are gone and the Winnable games are mostly left. Chicago still has NYConn heavy left so even as they improve, much harder remaining.
Losing opportunity to beat the 5-12 teams in league would of been worse than taking lumps from #1-4
That is a very glass half-full outlook. I like it!

Reactions: littlez
The Fever is starting to play like a team. There's even some noticeable camaraderie pregame and on the bench. Caitlin and Kelsey Mitchell seem to enjoy each other's banter. It's all good.

Reactions: amahawk
Clark fed Czinano in the post a lot, no? I'm doubtful that their decision to not use Boston in the post during the first 1/3 of the season was due to Clark not wanting to or not being able to play in that kind of offense. Honestly, I wonder if they simply hadn't had time to practice much of anything besides high ball screens.
Good questions. Unless the coach explains why the offense was run the way it was, it will be open to speculation. I can say that Boston is more of a post player, especially if she operates in the low post. She's getting better on pick and rolls and DHO's. I'd like to see her develop a 3 point shot as well.
As far as CC goes, I'm shocked that she's even had time to feel any sort of comfort on the offensive end, as closely guarded, bodied up on, and under constant chase around the court. Still, her numbers are improving, and I suspect there's a actually some chemistry taking place especially between CC and Boston.
They have a little more time for practice now, but their season opened up with a bang. So many games played in a short span of time, and against the League's best teams.

Boston is heating up.

GQN19zEWgAALGF7

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT