ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Nearly every game has a record set by Clark. Becoming one of 5 to ever have some stat.... Breaking rookie records....

You know Triple Doubles are coming. Probably with 30+ points....

Yet.... She not good enough for team USA at the Olympics.

s reactions share GIF

The upcoming Fever schedule is tougher than I earlier thought. After the road games in Atlanta and Chicago this weekend, they then go to Seattle, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. After all of that, they come home to play the Liberty again. These next two games are big. If they don't win either of them, the much-improved 6-10 record could easily turn into 6-16.

Mitchell had her best game of the season so far tonight. Now, if Sides would bench Wallace or by some miracle Wallace learn to actually get the ball go through the hoop rather than clanging off the rim Clark's assist probably go up 2-3 per game plus she also gets more opportunities. Right now they don't even bother to guard Wallace half the time beyond just making sure she can't drive to the basket.

Wallace should not be getting paid to play basketball.
No one in the wnba has benefitted from Caitlin more than Wallace. She has to lead the league in wide open misses.
Meanwhile Celeste Taylor is the reigning B1G DPOTY and never plays... and Grace Berger is a good scorer who would most certainly hit more 3s than Wallac ein one game than she has all year. Doesn't make any sense

Mitchell played a really good game. Felt like the first time this year her and CC were really comfortable playing with one another and not forcing too much. She's really tough to guard. Looking forward to seeing how they progress playing with each other throughout the year. Having Boston and Smith playing so much better really opens it up for them

Didn't watch the game. Were Clark's turnovers mostly the typical BS of her teammates not being able to handle passes and her getting cheap offensive fouls?

Didn't watch the game. Were Clark's turnovers mostly the typical BS of her teammates not being able to handle passes and her getting cheap offensive fouls?
At least two hit her teammates in both hands. One the defense poked away from Boston in the lane when the ball was up high. The other Smith just wasn’t expecting a behind the back pass and reacted too late.

Didn’t see it but probably. I think Iose was on a visit to Utah this week. And already mentioned they went to same HS.
My daughter said AJ‘s instragram story showed him being in Las Vegas tonight earlier, and being at the game tonight courtside. His video showed Becky Hammond, Aces coach, walking right in front of him during play.

Reactions: EagleHawk
The Aces (7-6) beat Seattle (9-6) tonight, 94-83.

2 players are now affecting Kate's minutes:

(1) On May 31st, 34 year old guard Tiffany Hayes came out of retirement.
..........Hayes' stats tonight: 24 minutes, 1-3 (33%) from three, 3-5 (60%) from two, 1-2 (50%) FTs for 10 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals.

(2) 31 year old guard Chelsea Gray played tonight for the first time this season.
..........Gray's stats tonight: 16 minutes, 0-1 from three, 0-1 from two, 1-2 FTs for 1 point, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks.

Hawkeye stats:

..................Kate.......Megan

Mins.............10.................3

From 3:......0-0..............0-1
From 2:......0-0.............0-0

Overall
Shooting:
...0-0 (0%)...0-1 (0%)

FTs................0-0............0-0

Points..............0...............0
Rebounds.......0...............0
Steals...............0...............0
Assists.............0...............0
Blocks..............0...............0

Turnovers.........1..............0
Fouls..................1...............1

The top 10 players make the season ending All-WNBA teams.

As you can see in the tweet below, Caitlin is on her way to be named one of the 10 best players in the WNBA. So, the obvious questions is, why isn't one of the 10 best players on the 12 person Olympic team?

2023 ALL-WNBA FIRST TEAM
Breanna Stewart, New York
Alyssa Thomas, Connecticut Sun
A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas
Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx
Satou Sabally, Dallas Wings

2023 ALL-WNBA SECOND TEAM
Nneka Ogwumike, Los Angeles
Jackie Young, Las Vegas
Chelsea Gray, Las Vegas
Jewell Loyd, Seattle
Sabrina Ionescu New York

Same mix of some bad passes on her part, and fumbled$ck teammates for others. It’s say half on her, half on others.
Thought this was a good quote from Boston: “You look at Caitlin and you look at the way she passes the ball and so sometimes things are going to happen that way and that’s okay because we’re not going to let her hang her head, we’re not going to hang our head off of any missed passes,” Boston said. “We’re still continuing to jell together and we know that she’s a great passer so she thinks she can get that ball there, she’s going to throw it and if I miss it, then we’re good, we’re all right, we’re good.”

Man 10 pages behind… I clearly haven’t been keeping up my end on our Fever/Clark obsession…

A couple thoughts… On that “obsession“ I’ve gotten so caught up in this young lady and her career it’s almost similar to me following the Iowa Hawkeyes football team lol

More importantly, I do think we were all a little unfair towards the team, Caitlin, and Coach Sides in particular… They still have lapses, they’re at best an average defensive team, but their chemistry is growing, they seem to like each other. Their rotation is better, they are much more cohesive and fluid & they are exciting. We should’ve all expected it was going to take Time and they’re really not even there yet, but it has been better basketball.

Hull playing more has helped (Wallace is still struggling) Mitchell is back to form, Katie Lou is hitting shots and Wheeler, who has lost minutes is engaged and played awesome last night.

Man 10 pages behind… I clearly haven’t been keeping up my end on our Fever/Clark obsession…
, , ,

Hull playing more has helped (Wallace is still struggling) Mitchell is back to form, Katie Lou is hitting shots and Wheeler, who has lost minutes is engaged and played awesome last night.
Nah - strugging is her game.

8 mins for Lexi Hull... coaching malfeasance
I missed the last couple of weeks but watched the last two games. I guess I haven't noticed a difference between Hull and Wallace. They both miss open jump shots, to my eye. Samuelson isn't much better as a shooter, and she is slower although bigger. They are missing a reliable 3rd outside shooter.

Agreed.. now they just need Wallace (and wheeler) to get even less minutes. Don't understand why Berger never plays
Agreed on Berger but Wheeler still needs to play, she’s super quick, she’s a good defender and yes, she can be pretty sloppy but she’s a good teammate, she has a decent mid range game and she brings energy to the floor… We saw that last night near the end of the game

Agreed on Berger but Wheeler still needs to play, she’s super quick, she’s a good defender and yes, she can be pretty sloppy but she’s a good teammate, she has a decent mid range game and she brings energy to the floor… We saw that last night near the end of the game
Not to be a hater, but a couple of those shots Wheeler made were lucky as hell, and I don't think she has any midrange game. She can't shoot, but she is very quick, and does have good energy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT