ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🪦*****

Did you see the ejection that proceeded that? Uribe wouldn't have even been in the game. That said, he's a known hothead so not the best look.
I did. Peralta got tossed in the 6th and was replaced by Peguero. Uribe was in later in the 8th and he had every chance to walk away or even do the fake tough-guy stuff of most baseball fights, but instead he chose to throw a punch. Will be interesting to see his suspension. I’m guessing Siri will ultimately get 3-5 games, Peralta will technically get suspended to miss a start, but they’ll just move guys around so that he basically misses none, but Uribe could maybe get 10 games.

I heard the morning Score crew talking about Alzolay going to Des Moines for a bit. I don’t think he has options left. Mully and Haugh are dullards.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I did. Peralta got tossed in the 6th and was replaced by Peguero. Uribe was in later in the 8th and he had every chance to walk away or even do the fake tough-guy stuff of most baseball fights, but instead he chose to throw a punch. Will be interesting to see his suspension. I’m guessing Siri will ultimately get 3-5 games, Peralta will technically get suspended to miss a start, but they’ll just move guys around so that he basically misses none, but Uribe could maybe get 10 games.
You think Peralta gets suspended for hitting a guy in the thigh? That would be absolutely ridiculous. As he said post-game, "I've given up a lot of HRs. I've never thrown at anyone." That was an ump show by Guccione, plain & simple.

I heard the morning Score crew talking about Alzolay going to Des Moines for a bit. I don’t think he has options left. Mully and Haugh are dullards.
He actually does have 1 option year left. Pretty sure he was one of those guys that got an extra due to the lost 2020 season.

You think Peralta gets suspended for hitting a guy in the thigh? That would be absolutely ridiculous. As he said post-game, "I've given up a lot of HRs. I've never thrown at anyone." That was an ump show by Guccione, plain & simple.
I’ve seen MLB up the suspension game to try to dissuade more of this stuff. I don’t think Peralta will get anything significant. As a starter, any suspension would be an auto 5 games, but he’d appeal and may win or he’ll pick a point to drop the appeal and serve it such that he starts, sits 5 and then starts game 6, which is basically not missing any time at all.

I think MLB may tag multiple guys from that game given 3 guys HBP with some back & forth (intentional or not) that then ended in a fight. Siri is also a pretty well-known hot-head and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him catch a short break also.

I’ve seen MLB up the suspension game to try to dissuade more of this stuff. I don’t think Peralta will get anything significant. As a starter, any suspension would be an auto 5 games, but he’d appeal and may win or he’ll pick a point to drop the appeal and serve it such that he starts, sits 5 and then starts game 6, which is basically not missing any time at all.

I think MLB may tag multiple guys from that game given 3 guys HBP with some back & forth (intentional or not) that then ended in a fight. Siri is also a pretty well-known hot-head and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him catch a short break also.
I think only Siri & Uribe get suspended(both deservedly). As for Peralta...

I think only Siri & Uribe get suspended(both deservedly). As for Peralta...

He may not get suspended (or if he does, it may not be upheld), it just seems MLB has been upping the suspension game the past few years. Agree completely that Siri & Uribe will and deserve it. Uribe could get maybe up to 10 games.

As an aside, I absolutely love all the random crap you can look up on Stathead.

Reactions: wausauhawk
He may not get suspended (or if he does, it may not be upheld), it just seems MLB has been upping the suspension game the past few years. Agree completely that Siri & Uribe will and deserve it. Uribe could get maybe up to 10 games.

As an aside, I absolutely love all the random crap you can look up on Stathead.
You were right @hawkifann. Uribe gets 6 games, 5 for Peralta & 2 for Murphy. So Counsell's first game managing against his former team will have former teammate Rickie Weeks at the helm.

I'll say this, & maybe I'm being a homer, but the Peralta suspension is absolutely ridiculous. A guy who has no history throwing at anyone, who hit a guy on the thigh, getting thrown out with no warnings issued. Guccione literally threw him out a full minute after the hbp. What an absolute ump show the Brewers have endured for 3 straight games.

You were right @hawkifann. Uribe gets 6 games, 5 for Peralta & 2 for Murphy. So Counsell's first game managing against his former team will have former teammate Rickie Weeks at the helm.

I'll say this, & maybe I'm being a homer, but the Peralta suspension is absolutely ridiculous. A guy who has no history throwing at anyone, who hit a guy on the thigh, getting thrown out with no warnings issued. Guccione literally threw him out a full minute after the hbp. What an absolute ump show the Brewers have endured for 3 straight games.
I had to go check it out and he almost threw the ball behind him. Pretty obviously throwing at him - at least it wasn't at his head, but no place in the game for trying to hit someone.

I had to go check it out and he almost threw the ball behind him. Pretty obviously throwing at him - at least it wasn't at his head, but no place in the game for trying to hit someone.
Hitting someone in the thigh isn't almost throwing behind someone. Again, the ump made a mountain out of a mole hill.

He’ll have a shot at getting that overturned, but even if they don’t, it just means at some point in the next month he’ll go one extra day between starts. Unless a SP gets 10+ games, it’s basically nothing.

Murphy is serving his today & Friday
You’re right, I missed that. I guess not that surprising, just get it over with and move on. I’ll be surprised if Siri’s or Uribe’s get reduced, but Peralta’s might.

He’ll have a shot at getting that overturned, but even if they don’t, it just means at some point in the next month he’ll go one extra day between starts. Unless a SP gets 10+ games, it’s basically nothing.

Also, the Brewers optioned Uribe to AAA after today's game. That dude went from the closer after Williams injury, to low leverage pitcher, to the minors. Million dollar arm, 10 cent head.

Almost forget what day it was!

Happy Imanaga Day!!

Major League Baseball Wow GIF by MLB

Complete game 😎
I remember when Fergie would throw 25-30 of those a year. Over 300 IP wasn't that abnormal for the teams' aces. I want to say the Giants' staff might have thrown 80 CGs in a season a time or two in the late 60's or early 70's.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT