ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🪦*****

can we only play home games the rest of the year?

JrRpHKP.jpg

Imagine where this team would be if Henricks and Alzolay weren't dog crap so far this season. Those two have combined to cost the Cubs 5 games (Alzolay) and 3 games (Henricks and his 28 runs given up). This team could be as good as 29-6, or maybe we don't win every one of those blown games and only win half of them, we'd still be sitting at 25-10, only the best record in baseball.

Reactions: like-woahh
Imagine where this team would be if Henricks and Alzolay weren't dog crap so far this season. Those two have combined to cost the Cubs 5 games (Alzolay) and 3 games (Henricks and his 28 runs given up). This team could be as good as 29-6, or maybe we don't win every one of those blown games and only win half of them, we'd still be sitting at 25-10, only the best record in baseball.

Trying to stay optimistic. If those struggles you mentioned result in an upgraded bullpen and a better Hendricks (or replacement), maybe it pays off in the long run. :)

Like for Dansby ... he's been struggling, but then he had 2 good defensive plays and a HR yesterday. Hopefully, he can continue that way.

HawkeyeShitman starts ripping on Dansby just in time, much like IowaSlaw ripping on Brody Brecht in that other thread. We need "fans" like them.
Again, why doesn't everyone have him on ignore? He adds zero value to any thread I've ever seen him in.

Reactions: darylhawk
Dipsh*ts are entertaining. There's no way you could spend as much time as you do on GIAOT and not agree with that.
A little, but not when they dirty up a long standing thread of common interest that is mostly civil, although still passionate like this one, I pull the trigger. And, again, he isn't productive or interesting in any thread as far as I can tell.

A little, but not when they dirty up a long standing thread of common interest that is mostly civil, although still passionate like this one, I pull the trigger. And, again, he isn't productive or interesting in any thread as far as I can tell.
I only replied to that one because I wanted to say D and Dongs.

Reactions: lucas80
To the discussion of a trade, this week is very important. Steele comes back today. I think Smyly will return soon. The stress on the bullpen should be alleviated a bit, and some guys go down, and some more traditional roles resumed. Then a better in house evaluation can be made.

There are some regulars in these threads over the years that I just gloss over and don't bother reading what they post. Yankee lover MitchL comes to mind. I don't bother with the Brewer fan that has been posting here. He hasn't been trolling, just needs to start his own ***Official Brewer Thread*** because this is not the place for those posts. Same with the BFIBJAT (Best Fans In Baseball Just Ask Them).

Ignore them and they will go away.

To the discussion of a trade, this week is very important. Steele comes back today. I think Smyly will return soon. The stress on the bullpen should be alleviated a bit, and some guys go down, and some more traditional roles resumed. Then a better in house evaluation can be made.
I don’t think Neris will be the closer in August, but I think he’s fine for now. He’ll give us some strokes, but I would rather actually see what this pen looks like with Brown & Wesneski in it than to pay a major early season trade premium on a guy who is good but not elite.

I don’t think Neris will be the closer in August, but I think he’s fine for now. He’ll give us some strokes, but I would rather actually see what this pen looks like with Brown & Wesneski in it than to pay a major early season trade premium on a guy who is good but not elite.
You'd be paying through the nose for an elite closer. Probably at the trade deadline, too, but at least you'd have a better idea what you actually need. I'm all for adding a solid arm if possible at this point of the season.

Reactions: hawkifann
So, who goes to Des Moines tonight? Or, does Alzolay's forearm feel a little stiff?
In a perfect world Steele goes 4 innings tonight, and Brown comes in to give the team 3 innings. I suspect that Counsel is planning on a piggyback start tonight.

So, who goes to Des Moines tonight? Or, does Alzolay's forearm feel a little stiff?
In a perfect world Steele goes 4 innings tonight, and Brown comes in to give the team 3 innings. I suspect that Counsel is planning on a piggyback start tonight.
If it's an option assignment, then Thompson or Palencia will be the odd man out. Keegan's had the better overall '24 in the Majors, but his last outing was awful and he doesn't throw 102 mph.

But I'm all for Alzolay having woke up this morning with his arm just not feeling right....

If it's an option assignment, then Thompson or Palencia will be the odd man out. Keegan's had the better overall '24 in the Majors, but his last outing was awful and he doesn't throw 102 mph.

But I'm all for Alzolay having woke up this morning with his arm just not feeling right....
Well, it is Keegan Thompson going to Des Moines. He had one sh**tastic appearance, but overall he showed he belonged this time around.

Reactions: TheCainer
It’s a shame that Happ, Swanson and Suzuki ruined the careers of Busch, PCA, and Amaya with their ridiculous attitude towards baseball. Those kids had a lot of potential.

Bases loaded 0 outs.

0 runs. Yikes
It's almost a statistical certainty to score one run in that situation. Go to bases loaded and one out, and it's still overwhelming that you score a run. But, PCA has no clue on the strike zone, yet, and Gomes took a ball called a strike, and didn't recover. He's slumping mightily, too.

Reactions: IaHawks03
Definitely ready for the Happ batting 3rd era to be over. 1/3 of his rbi's this season came in one swing
Been thinking the same thing. He either needs to bat leadoff with his OBP or dropped to about 7th. Lots of guys struggling right now with Suzuki and Bellinger out. Hopefully those 2 can return and bring back the lineup that produced so many runs before their injuries. On the bright side, IIRC, the Cubs SP core has only given up 3 runs in the past week, Assad had 1 (maybe unearned) and Brown 2 runs. Unfortunately that didn't give the Cubs the chance to build up early leads, but of course our BP may have lost them anyway. Quite the paradox for the Cubs.

Let's get healthy and solve the BP problems. Lots of opportunities to build some separation between the rest of the division in the coming weeks.

Reactions: blhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT