ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🪦*****

Nice write up about 21 year old prospect James Triantos. He was a high contact guy coming out of high school, but as he's matured he's added some pop, and a surprising burst of speed on the base paths.
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2024/08/30/james-triantos-sneaky-speed-demon/
Is it too early to dream of a scenario where PCA bats leadoff and Triantos bats second, or vice-versa?

If we can find a masher or two to hit behind them...
200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: lucas80
Bullshit

You can respect a guy and still believe he’s washed up

His career is over and it’s time for the Cubs to move on from him
I’m not advocating for him to stay in the rotation, actually. I’m fully expecting that Wicks getting scratched and planned to come up is taking his spot.

I’m not advocating for him to stay in the rotation, actually. I’m fully expecting that Wicks getting scratched and planned to come up is taking his spot.
His triceps on his right arm needs to feel a little tight from here on out. Add Wicks and Killian tomorrow.

Reactions: hawkifann
His triceps on his right arm needs to feel a little tight from here on out. Add Wicks and Killian tomorrow.
Wicks is already with the team after being scratched Friday. I think there’s a chance he starts tomorrow. Would also hope they find a way to get Kilian up in September. Next year will be his last option year, so the Cubs need to find out on him.

I missed the first three innings, but this team seems to have found some confidence and swagger, along with their bats. PCA and Bethancourt bailed out a rapidly tiring Assad in the 5th, or the 6th, with some stellar defensive plays, too.

It seems like a given that Wicks is coming up tomorrow, but I haven't heard much lately about who will be the extra position player added. A week or so ago Tommy Birch said he was hearing it would be Owen Cassie, but with the team rolling I wonder if they might go a little more utility type, and not want to have Cassie sitting on the bench while meaningful games are played.

Cubbies have won 5 in a row. The stupid Brewers have done the same and the Mets have won 3.

It seems like a given that Wicks is coming up tomorrow, but I haven't heard much lately about who will be the extra position player added. A week or so ago Tommy Birch said he was hearing it would be Owen Cassie, but with the team rolling I wonder if they might go a little more utility type, and not want to have Cassie sitting on the bench while meaningful games are played.
I saw a tweet from Greg Huss and he was following your logic here and predicted it will be Mastrobuoni. Whoever it is, it’s worth remembering that whoever comes up doesn’t just have to be it for the month they could make a series of changes over time. If they plan to roll with the same lineup because it’s hot right now, maybe you add the versatile lefty to the bench vs. a prospect. If they fall out of it in a week, maybe they go in a different direction.

Sadly the Nicky Bats era is probably over for the Cubs. He'll ride out the season on the IL, and be hauled to the cub in the offseason.

Reactions: hawkifann
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT