ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official HORT Golf General Discussion Thread*****

Feb 9, 2013
Golfers and golf fans…any interest in a general thread to discuss all things golf? Tournaments, PGA v. LIV, Netflix, equipment, Paige Spiranac’s boobs, Tiger’s tampon escapades, etc. etc.
(@St. Louis Hawk ‘s major threads separate, of course)

Feel like it would be fun to discuss topics that may not each warrant a separate thread.

Last edited:
Golfers and golf fans…any interest in a general thread to discuss all things golf? Tournaments, PGA v. LIV, Netflix, equipment, Paige Spiranac’s boobs, Tiger’s tampon escapades, etc. etc.

Feel like it would be fun to discuss topics that may not each warrant a separate thread.

In

Anyone watching Full Swing? I’m a few episodes in and was surprised how I felt sorry for Koepka and what a mess he seems/seemed. He was not in a good place and his wife seems awful.

A little surprised how I reacted to Poulter - always thought he was kind of a jackwad but actually seems like he would be ok to hang with. Seems like a nice family man.

Full Swing was a pretty fun watch, I think they did it well honing in on a few certain golfers as well. How they picked a year like last year, with the LIV starting, and the drama with it, was something that couldn't have turned out better for them.

Hell yeah I’m in!! Back in the “good old days”, golf discussion was fairly lively around here. A big part of that was slieb85 and the constant gargling of Tiger’s balls, however.

I can see why Koepka took the LIV money. If he isn’t winning, which he is absolutely obsessed with/consumed by, then you might as well take the giant payday to keep the wife happy.

It’s crazy how fine a line these guys are on, all the time. The difference between a win and a missed cut is a mile wide and thin as a hair, all at the same time.

Thread title needs *** to be official.

Going to try to catch Full Swing this week.

The Honda is going to be a disappointment compared to Genesis. Can't wait until the API and Players.

Full Swing was a pretty fun watch, I think they did it well honing in on a few certain golfers as well. How they picked a year like last year, with the LIV starting, and the drama with it, was something that couldn't have turned out better for them.
Joel Dahmen is great. One of those I will check the scores now to see how he does.

Not being a regular viewer of women's golf, I had no idea who Paige Spiranac is.

I do now. So, thanks,

4.jpg

Tiger making thru 4 rounds was a bonus.
Sounds like might play in the Players. Cool.

Does Anybody have a golf sim at home or any interest in building one? Have had mine for a year and did a bunch of research.

Reactions: Herkster5
I like Full Swing but wish they would have done everything chronologically.

Brooks is still a douche. Tony Finau is the man. I liked Fitzpatrick too

Has anyone played lately. I got 18 in yesterday on the Legislator course at RTJ Capitol Hill. It was an ugly 87. 46 on the front without one penalty. Started the back with two doubles that included two water penalties. Went one over the last 7 for a 41.

It’s interesting how they all prepare and train differently. The show just reinforces how mental the game is. Would’ve been fascinating to see Tiger featured (in his prime) to see his mindset back then.

Has anyone played lately. I got 18 in yesterday on the Legislator course at RTJ Capitol Hill. It was an ugly 87. 46 on the front without one penalty. Started the back with two doubles that included two water penalties. Went one over the last 7 for a 41.
I played at Las Sendas in Mesa a few weeks ago. Course is amazing

I broke 100 so I'll take it

Reactions: golfinghawkeye

That’s funny, one of the things I like about it is that it’s not chronological, but each episode is focused on a specific story instead.

There’s this perception that it’s a bunch of country club snobs, but the tour is filled with a bunch of really likeable people.

Reactions: NoleinATL
That’s funny, one of the things I like about it is that it’s not chronological, but each episode is focused on a specific story instead.

There’s this perception that it’s a bunch of country club snobs, but the tour is filled with a bunch of really likeable people.
Does anyone else feel like the players and caddies and parents are pretty cool people, it’s the agents and marketers and various hangers on who are probably the arrogant assholes?

As much as I have enjoyed the last two weeks with strong fields, I hope the designated events do not hurt the regular tour stops. The Honda Classic has seen fewer good names recently, and now being sandwiched between 2 designated events the field is very weak. Love the course so hopefully, next year with a new sponsor they will make it a designated event so it has a better field.

I can't wait for the Masters.....nothing better than Sunday afternoon drinking beer on the recliner with the Masters on the TV.....even better if Tiger somehow can be in contention.

Everyone else always picks March Madness to get their vasectomy done...that is poor choice, I had mine done last year the Friday of the Masters....this was a good choice.

Side note, any one else play morning golf? My home course is on the way to work (yes I am a poor and still have to work) so a lot of times i will bust out a quick 9 starting at 6 am which is a good way to start the day. Worst part is putting....its generally worthless assuming it is a dewy morning, but such is life.

Florida swing starts this week, where every course looks the same (incredibly flat & water everywhere). Briarwood in Ankeny would make for a good Florida golf course. Not one memorable hole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT