ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official HORT Golf General Discussion Thread*****

I see that Anthony Kim has come out of the witness protection program, and is playing in the LIV event this weekend. He last teed it up in a tournament almost 12 years ago, when he withdrew after the first round of the wells fargo PGA event.

He was a damn talented player; won twice before his 25th birthday & climbed as high as 6th in the world rankings. Had some injury issues, his game went south, and he basically disappeared.

I see that Anthony Kim has come out of the witness protection program, and is playing in the LIV event this weekend. He last teed it up in a tournament almost 12 years ago, when he withdrew after the first round of the wells fargo PGA event.

He was a damn talented player; won twice before his 25th birthday & climbed as high as 6th in the world rankings. Had some injury issues, his game went south, and he basically disappeared.
It will be intersting to see what he has left in his tank.

Now imagine doing that as a 17 yr old high school kid…..at the state meet.
We finished in 5th place, 4 shots out of the lead…..I shot an 81 that day…..but I only had one “5 putt” that day. I didn’t “non-chalant” any one of the 5 putts either….I started out about 80’ away and really misread my first putt…and my second putt as well…..And then hell, who hasn’t 3 putted from 10’ before?
Shit happens……..I laugh about it now. Cripes, we had guys hit balls out of bounds and 3 putt….so our 5th place finish was truly a TEAM effort! ;)

There’s something very wrong with the rules of golf when a player can hit a poor shot into deep rough, claim relief from irrigation heads that would not have been in the way of his swing in any way, and ends up putting from the fringe.

Yes!!! My fade Scotty plan finally works!

Damn he’s playing well.

But the guy who is playing better but can’t putt for shit is Finau. Missed 4 puts under 5 feet today alone.
Finau has been a regular attendee at my “short game” clinics for a couple of year now…when he first started attending, the guy made everything!
My clinics can destroy anyone’s game.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Masters DK pricing is out.

$12000 plus Scottie? The St. Louis Hawk always fade Scottie plan awaits …

Whoa whoa whoa….isn’t that hard of a hole? I don’t think such a thing exists at Augusta, or any major venue.

https://www.masters.com/en_US/course/hole18.html

I think I could get out of there with a bogey- at worst double. Put one in the middle about 230- short of the bunker. Leaves you with about 230 left. 5 iron to the gully in front of the green about 180...again short of the bunkers. 50 yard lob wedge. Two putt.

Show me the money!!!

https://www.masters.com/en_US/course/hole18.html

I think I could get out of there with a bogey- at worst double. Put one in the middle about 230- short of the bunker. Leaves you with about 230 left. 5 iron to the gully in front of the green about 180...again short of the bunkers. 50 yard lob wedge. Two putt.

Show me the money!!!
I love the confidence, brochacho!

My approach would be very similar. I’m not going for that green in two. No way. But that tee shot is TIGHT. I’m probably plunking a patron right away.

Reactions: hexumhawk
I love the confidence, brochacho!

My approach would be very similar. I’m not going for that green in two. No way. But that tee shot is TIGHT. I’m probably plunking a patron right away.
Yes, if you are going to turn that hole in to a disaster, it would be because of a bad tee shot. I'm also hoping that that driving lane isn't quite as narrow as it always looks on TV. Add in a couple of million on the line and my tee ball might be spraying!

There is an article on ESPN.COM about golf fans showing less interest in pro golf. It is true for me. I have not been fired up about the sport of golf on television.

• Sad
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT