ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa Indiana Gamethread*****

Eliminate IUs big plays on offense and Iowa wins the game. We (OSU) gave up 3 passing plays of 51, 63 and 68 yards in last year's game. Obviously, the Hawks will try to establish the running game but they need to produce a balanced attack. OSU had 300 yards rushing and 307 yards passing and won the time of possession, 36 to 24 minutes. The D must pressure Penix. Last year his pass completion rate was only 56%. He can get rattled and throw interceptions.

Eliminate IUs big plays on offense and Iowa wins the game. We (OSU) gave up 3 passing plays of 51, 63 and 68 yards in last year's game. Obviously, the Hawks will try to establish the running game but they need to produce a balanced attack. OSU had 300 yards rushing and 307 yards passing and won the time of possession, 36 to 24 minutes. The D must pressure Penix. Last year his pass completion rate was only 56%. He can get rattled and throw interceptions.
I don’t really know what to make of Indiana’s offense. They scored some points and won some games with Penix healthy, but the best defenses they played during that stretch were maybe Penn State (55th in PPG and 18th in YPG) or Ohio State (43rd in PPG and 59th in YPG).

Wisconsin was the best D they played last year and they scored 14 points (without Penix obviously). Even in their bowl game against Ole Miss, which had one of the worst defenses in the country last year, they only scored 20.

That along with losing their starting RB and Philyor at WR plus questions regarding Penix’s health, I can’t see them putting up much more than 20 points. That’s assuming Iowa’s DL unit is at least average anyway.

I think you guys will struggle against our defense. Just too much speed and depth on that side of the ball. Our LB core and Secondary is the best I’ve ever seen it here.
We shall see and not saying you are wrong. I personally think it will be a great game and a close one. I obviously picked Iowa in a close game. Honestly, my concern isn’t so much your D but your QB. He is so much better than Purdy and the Big 10 QB’s we will face. So while will have a salty back 7, if we don’t get pressure we could be in a little trouble.

BTW don’t mean to rip Purdy. Seems like a great kid. Great family and great leader. But ISU fans rank kids by PFF. Some consider him the best QB in Iowa ever. As well as post half naked pictures of him and actually start posts about his “new haircut.” That is pedo weird. Anyway last year the PFF article said “in all our years regardless of position we have never seen a player plummet more than Brock Purdy.” Like I said, seems a great kid, but for PFF to say that, plus his whatever you call that pass in I think the TCU game and his 3 interceptions in a huge game. Just stop saying the best and most clutch QB ever especially when PFF (the ISU go to) destroyed him. Penix I spread on 5 in the country. Where is Purdy?

KC - at 51 with a kid going to college I can’t remember young anymore.😀
Well, I was 62 in March, and don't feel it. My 7 grandkids all live within 20 minutes, so they keep me and the Mrs hopping. I still remember the joys of youth, and have the wisdom now to not try doing a lot of that anymore..... :eek:

Reactions: Hkfan23
Well, I was 62 in March, and don't feel it. My 7 grandkids all live within 20 minutes, so they keep me and the Mrs hopping. I still remember the joys of youth, and have the wisdom now to not try doing a lot of that anymore..... :eek:
I meant to also add how awesome that is. I hopefully will be there some day in terms of grandkids and being close to them but not yet! Jealous as only see my Dad now a few times a year as he is retired in the golfing world a couple times zones away. Keep up the good work KC.

I meant to also add how awesome that is. I hopefully will be there some day in terms of grandkids and being close to them but not yet! Jealous as only see my Dad now a few times a year as he is retired in the golfing world a couple times zones away. Keep up the good work KC.
You also. Your lucky to still have your Dad. Mine passed at the young age of 67. I moved the family out of Iowa to Missouri in 1986, (St Louis for three years, then KC in 1989) for work promotions. The tough part was not seeing my folks much, and my sons didn't get to spend much time with him before he passed. Made me realize how much I needed to be a part of my grandkids lives. Both for myself, and especially for them. My sons are all great participating Dads, and I started something with them years ago. Each year for Fathers day, I take THEM out for a couple beers and a meal. I do this so they understand how important their role as DAD is, and that I'm proud of the job they're doing.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Keagan Johnson takes the opening kickoff and starts at the back of the end zone .. he shifts left Jukes an Indy defender at the 20 then spins… high jumps 2 would be tacklers then stiff arms 2 others… he’s at the 30…the 40… midfield … (punches Tom Allen the head coach right in the jaw and knocks him out into the 50TH row then turns on the afterburners and runs all the way to Jack Trice stadium and spikes the ball off of Matt Campbell’s balls for the touchdown… go f’ing Hawks

• Haha
Reactions: HawkIDrummer
You also. Your lucky to still have your Dad. Mine passed at the young age of 67. I moved the family out of Iowa to Missouri in 1986, (St Louis for three years, then KC in 1989) for work promotions. The tough part was not seeing my folks much, and my sons didn't get to spend much time with him before he passed. Made me realize how much I needed to be a part of my grandkids lives. Both for myself, and especially for them. My sons are all great participating Dads, and I started something with them years ago. Each year for Fathers day, I take THEM out for a couple beers and a meal. I do this so they understand how important their role as DAD is, and that I'm proud of the job they're doing.
KC - know about losing a parent early. Mom passed away at 59 from cancer. My son barely remembers her, and my daughter was born 4 days before she passed. In fact went straight from the hospital with a newborn to hospice so at least got a picture with her Grandma.

Anyway, while I felt I had to do it for work purposes, missed some kid time with depos and trials both in and out of state. Now doing my best to make up lost time cause that is something you don’t get back. So it is awesome what you do with your family. And before somebody chimes in on “this a sports message board” all I will say is sometimes important to remember more important things in life.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Yep, if our young DL can't do it we may have to dial up some stunts. With a strong back 7, we can take a few risks.

Can't wait! 609 is gonna be lit Saturday morning. Will probably be one of the best tailgates ever :cool:

Reactions: Moral
Getting nervous about this one fellas. Quite the season opener. qb’s like Penix give Iowa all sorts of problems. Here’s to hoping Iowa’s d-line is no longer a question mark early in this one.

Morning boyz
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT