ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official MN Twins 2022 season thread*****

The White Sox are coming ,tra la la la...theWhite Sox are coming tra la la la......old Harry Carey tune.
We might just have an old fashioned pennant race with three teams fighting it out til October.
MLB needs it. Very few races this year.

Reactions: Hawked
The White Sox are coming ,tra la la la...theWhite Sox are coming tra la la la......old Harry Carey tune.
We might just have an old fashioned pennant race with three teams fighting it out til October.
MLB needs it. Very few races this year.
They should be so much talent with or without the injuries. Twins bullpen is bad and starters struggling of late.

White Sox will only play one ( 1 ) team above .500 till September. They should mop up on the bottom feeders Oakland, KC, Detroit, Colorado, Arizona, et al, unless Cleveland can win a game or two to get to .500. Sox should be up 10 games by mid September...

I will not be surprised if the Twins finish 3rd in the division. Their pitching pretty much sucks now. Starting and relief. Buxton Ks about 40% of the time. Correa Ks way too much as well. Rocco’s coach speak is about as annoying as Kirk Ferentz.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I will not be surprised if the Twins finish 3rd in the division. Their pitching pretty much sucks now. Starting and relief. Buxton Ks about 40% of the time. Correa Ks way too much as well. Rocco’s coach speak is about as annoying as Kirk Ferentz.
Agreed. Pleasant surprise overall but they've blown so many games the past month it'll likely cost them.

Agreed. Pleasant surprise overall but they've blown so many games the past month it'll likely cost them.

25-36 record now when favored to win. Hope they just let it ride and don’t trade Miranda or any top prospect for a rental that won’t get them anywhere but possibly swept in the playoffs again.

I think the Twins will be aggressive at trade deadline this year. They have a great shot at winning the division with a 3 game lead over Sox and they have to go "all in".
Sox will probably stand Pat as they feel good about their talent,if healthy
Guards might tinker around the edges but are too strapped to get too crazy.
I think this division will come down to the last ten days when Sox play Twins 6 games in that stretch.
Gards could slip by as Sox and Twins beat each other up.
No wildcard out of this division so it will be a "pure" pennant race which makes Sept/Oct very cool.

Reactions: rivalhawks
The twins need to trade 4-6 prospects at the deadline to not lose that many players in the rule V draft. i think you are going to see some fireworks. I never thought Montas was a possibility, after last nights draft, my opinion has changed. The Twins doubled down on SS/3rd base again and got another stud Pitching prospect. I think it is very possible we lose 1 or multiple of Lewis, Miranda, Steer Kiriloff and likely some pitching prospects like SWR, Headrick, Varland ect. The pitching staff kept us in the race for now, but they need some reinforcements if we want to continue to compete. Will the front office start using some of the prospect capital they have been producing.

This weekend couldn’t have gone better. Have a 3 game lead, Buxton took injections and took the weekend off. May be more healthy for the last 2 months. Allowed us more time to continue to work the phone lines for reinforcements and both starters had extended starts with minimal pressure for the bullpen. Let’s have a good week coming up.

Still doesn't fix our impending glut on the 40 man at the end of the year. Expect some more fireworks.

The twins need to trade 4-6 prospects at the deadline to not lose that many players in the rule V draft. i think you are going to see some fireworks. I never thought Montas was a possibility, after last nights draft, my opinion has changed. The Twins doubled down on SS/3rd base again and got another stud Pitching prospect. I think it is very possible we lose 1 or multiple of Lewis, Miranda, Steer Kiriloff and likely some pitching prospects like SWR, Headrick, Varland ect. The pitching staff kept us in the race for now, but they need some reinforcements if we want to continue to compete. Will the front office start using some of the prospect capital they have been producing.
I have a Spencer Steer autographed jersey from when he was with the Kernels. I’m hoping he gets called up at some point so I can get that thing signed again. That would be neat.

Lopez blew it but thank you Blue Jays for handing that game over. Have the Twins retired the side in order in the 8th or 9th inning once all year?

Look what we can do with a good bullpen. Happy with the W but now we need archer and sands to go 7 tomorrow. Not many arms left for tomorrow.

curious to see if Mahle has an injury. They said just over use, but that doesn’t usually result in 5-8% decrease in velocity.

Fun Fact: Twins have the 2nd most pitches in MLB this year of 100+ mph at 292. First is St Louis with a whopping 374

This offense is trash. And of course Buxton leaves the game again after having to dive for a ball. Way too many injuries to sustain any success. This division is Cleveland's to lose at this point with all the injuries to Twins and Sox.

This offense is trash. And of course Buxton leaves the game again after having to dive for a ball. Way too many injuries to sustain any success. This division is Cleveland's to lose at this point with all the injuries to Twins and Sox.
Yep they got me to football season. Mission accomplished.

Reactions: rivalhawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT