ADVERTISEMENT

****Official NCAA Tournament Thursday Thread****

Coffey finally got called for palming the ball.....he has done it about 20 times

Almost every player in the country palms/carries the ball on virtually every dribble. It's one of the most egregious changes in the game over the last 15 years or so. As far as I know, the rules have not changed, but "dribbling" has become "carrying" anyway. It's more like rugby, especially when you add the fact that "traveling" is often overlooked as well.

Love the way Minnesota rebounds. They are monsters--but definitely not King Kong--on the boards. They rebound, all the time, the way I wish Iowa would--especially Cook. But all the bigs could learn a lot from Minnesota's aggressive work on the boards.

Congrats to the Gophers. Too bad they now have to face MSU. Well done, committee. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Yale’s best player is single handedly costing them the upset with his atrocious shooting

Yale (#14) down 6 to LSU (#3) with a minute to go. C'mon, Yale!

Yale hits a three. Still time for the upset.

Yale hits ANOTHER three. Still down by 4 with 30 seconds to go. Did I say c'mon, Yale!

Yale falls 79-74. Not exactly a cake walk for LSU, but Yale couldn't quite pull it off. Too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost every player in the country palms/carries the ball on virtually every dribble. It's one of the most egregious changes in the game over the last 15 years or so. As far as I know, the rules have not changed, but "dribbling" has become "carrying" anyway. It's more like rugby, especially when you add the fact that "traveling" is often overlooked as well.

I agree. And if Coffey had been doing it in the way almost every other player in the country does, I would have just dismissed it as part of the game now. But he does it in such an egregious way that he creates serious advantages for himself. I am guessing the L'Ville coach was in the refs ear about it and he finally had to call it.

Wasn’t impressed with LSU. Yale would have won that game if they would have shot anywhere close to their season average on 3’s. Winner of Belmont/Maryland takes them out.

Like Pearl said, "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good." NM State had three FTs to win or tie the game and only made one, with the third going halfway down, sitting on the front of the rim, and then falling out. Once again we see the value of FT defense. :confused: It won the game for Auburn by ONE point after NM State also missed a wide open three at the buzzer. Yes, Bruce, lucky is right . . .

Love the way Minnesota rebounds. They are monsters--but definitely not King Kong--on the boards. They rebound, all the time, the way I wish Iowa would--especially Cook. But all the bigs could learn a lot from Minnesota's aggressive work on the boards.

Congrats to the Gophers. Too bad they now have to face MSU. Well done, committee. :rolleyes:
Remember when Iowa led the nation in rebounding under Tom Davis?

Wow. They did everything they could do to lose that game.
how would you like to be the New Mex State player who gets fouled on his 3 point attempt with under 2 secs to go and his team down 2? He makes all 3 FTs? His team wins by 1. He makes 2 of 3? His team at least goes to OT. Instead he makes 1 of 3 and his team loses by 1.

Reactions: HungryHawk
how would you like to be the New Mex State player who gets fouled on his 3 point attempt with under 2 secs to go and his team down 2? He makes all 3 FTs? His team wins by 1. He makes 2 of 3? His team at least goes to OT. Instead he makes 1 of 3 and his team loses by 1.
Or even the guy who made 1 of 2 with like a second left down 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT