ADVERTISEMENT

****Official NCAA Tournament Thursday Thread****

Izzo kinda calling out tourney committee for having to play Minnesota in 2nd round.

I’d be more upset playing Minnesota (4 hrs) and Bradley (Peoria 4hrs) in DSM, when EL is 8 hrs away. Remind the committee that you’re the higher seed, not them.

So far pretty much chalk Minnesota might have been very small upset.. Though when 2 teams around the same standings within P5 probably not

Belmont pissed away a golden opportunity with that sh!tty pass. Picked up his dribble and left himself in limbo. MD was looking for back cut all the way....probably because Belmont had been killing them with it all game.
I thought for sure that kid was gonna call a timeout and instead he throws that lame duck of a pass.

Poor coaching down the stretch by Belmont.

Reactions: Hawk-A-Doodle-Doo
Really surprised with Alfraud's TV debut so far. He's gone almost a full hour without talking about himself.

Well since he doesn't get them, he needs to work on his Plan B. The Dickersons, flemmings, Huttons, Daileys, Ellingsons are not working.
Ok.

So, don't go after any 4 or 5 stars from now on.

Good plan, got it.

Seriously, he does need to better match players to whatever his strategy is. But, I would hope that includes going after plenty of 4/5 stars.

Mi
Well since he doesn't get them, he needs to work on his Plan B. The Dickersons, flemmings, Huttons, Daileys, Ellingsons are not working.

Ok.

Good plan, got it.

Seriously, he does need to better match players to whatever his strategy is. But, I would hope that includes going after plenty of 4/5 stars.
Only Dailey is still at Iowa. Every team has defections, flameouts, etc.

Right now Iowa has several 4-stars and it is starting to show. They add 2 more next year.

Ja Morant is the real deal. He breaks down the defense by getting North/South in a flash and then either finishes or drops dimes like "Baby Dame.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Is Iowa athletic enough to keep up with a PG like Ja Morant if he played for Iowa?

how would you like to be the New Mex State player who gets fouled on his 3 point attempt with under 2 secs to go and his team down 2? He makes all 3 FTs? His team wins by 1. He makes 2 of 3? His team at least goes to OT. Instead he makes 1 of 3 and his team loses by 1.
He’s probably pissed at the guy who had a wide open layup but chose to dish it out to go for the win

So Iowa is in the same situation as Marquette. Wait, Morant is playing for Cincinnati as well? And, Iowa is that much worse than Marquette to begin with?

Shut up Leistikow.

Just as meaningful as his "Iowa has beaten 3 power 5 tournament champions" ..oops, make that 2. That sure convinced the committee, huh.

I’m only mad I didn’t have Murray State going further. Time and time again the dominant guards lead their teams on tourney runs... although their defense has been solid also

By far the most poignant example of the committee suckage this year. Murray State most likely would have been OUT if they hadn't won their conference tournament. Maybe time to reevaluate that NET thing? I hope everyone, media, coaches, everyone sends the committee a thank you card.

Ok.

Good plan, got it.

No, don't recruit total busts as your backup plan when you don't get the 4-5 talent. . Got it?

St. Mary's and 'Nova coming up. Gotta go with 'Nova, but I enjoy watching Jordan Ford of St. Mary's. He likes driving to the rim. Averages 21/game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT