ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official OTT Thread*****

I was surprised that Pat Downey had qualified for the trials. An interesting interview with him on Flo. Seems he understands that he was his own worst enemy. He does have a certain flavor! I do hope he can humble Starocci.

It appears that they have randomly drawn style and weight order. MFS 57 KG is 3rd from last. Spencer is match 96.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Brandon Marshall, a resident doctor at UIHC is going at 97kg in Greco. Wrestles for Big Game WC. Is that the Carew boys club?

Reactions: fourbyfour69
Who won between Downey and Starocci?
12-4 CStar. Downey wrestled well in the 1st and Carter couldn't get through PDs defense. PD slow to come out for 2nd and you could tell he had negative energy left in reserve. The last half of the 2nd, he was quite literally dead on his feet and unable to move his body to defend against shots. CStar I thought wrestled conservatively at the end to preserve his own energy for later or this would have been a tech.

Reactions: TSNPS
A guy coming off redshirt has now beaten both our veterans at this weight.
Cass & Warner definitely could and maybe should have beaten him but Carroll is no slouch. He was the #1 p4p recruit in his weight class. He is really good and looks better than ever. If he can effectively make 197 next year he is a legit title contender.

Reactions: sdvike
Whoever is doing the Peacock streaming commentary is talking about the new 3-point takedown. Who is that?

Cass & Warner definitely could and maybe should have beaten him but Carroll is no slouch. He was the #1 p4p recruit in his weight class. He is really good and looks better than ever. If he can effectively make 197 next year he is a legit title contender.
197??? that's an extreme cut. 215 is a big cut i thought for him.

Could Ross from FD had qualified for this or is he too young?
He's a beast but probably couldn't compete with guys 10-15 years older?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT