ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2024 WWE Royal Rumble LIVE Thread***

Feb 25, 2008
One of the two biggest pro wrestling/sports entertainment events of the year takes place tonight live at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The pre-show begins at 6 pm (7 EST) with the main card kicking off at 7 (8 EST).

The event will be streamed live on Peacock.

2024 WWE Royal Rumble main card lineup (order unknown until match time):

United States Championship- Logan Paul* vs Kevin Owens

Fatal Four-way for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship- Roman Reigns* vs Randy Orton vs A.J. Styles vs L.A. Knight

Women’s Royal Rumble match- 30-woman over-the-top rope battle royale. Winner will "main event" WrestleMania 40, getting to choose to face either SmackDown World Champion, Iyo Sky, or Raw World Champion, Rhea Ripley.

Men's Royal Rumble match- 30-man over-the-top rope battle royale. Winner will "main event" WrestleMania 40, getting to choose to face either the winner of the WWE Universal Championship, or World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins (injury pending).

Peacock?!?

Triple H Sport GIF by WWE

Hopefully the healing can begin now that he's resigned from all operations.
Apparently, Vince was attempting a hostile takeover of the company AFTER he had signed his NDA's and was booted from the company the first time around a couple years ago.

The whole story is just absolutely wild, and one content creator put it best. No other public figure has truly personified art imitating life moreso than Vince McMahon.

Peacock?!?

Triple H Sport GIF by WWE
They did away with major weekend events on PPV in 2014 with the official launch of the WWE Network streaming platform. That lasted until 2021 when they moved the platform to Peacock ahead of WrestleMania 37.

Fans still dub these events as PPVs for short though.

I haven't looked in to how the new deal with Netflix will affect these PPVs or if they'll just continue to stream them on Peacock.

Reactions: Moral
Apparently, Vince was attempting a hostile takeover of the company AFTER he had signed his NDA's and was booted from the company the first time around a couple years ago.

The whole story is just absolutely wild, and one content creator put it best. No other public figure has truly personified art imitating life moreso than Vince McMahon.
His daughter resigned as Co CEO over it. she had a decent idea where it was all heading eventually.

Back when I was into wrestling this was my favorite event. I'm glad I found this thread as I will probably watch now.
I honestly haven't watched much since this past WrestleMania, but the Royal Rumble is always one of those events I enjoy coming back for even when the WWE is down in the dumps.

This year's event is looking to be pretty solid, especially with all the intrigue building towards what could be a fantastic WrestleMania card, especially if the Rock is involved.

The WWE has had an affinity for baseball parks hosting the Royal Rumble in recent Yeats as this is the 4th time in the past 6 years that such a venue is hosting the event, and the 2nd time Tropicana Field is hosting after holding the 2021 event that saw Bianca BelAir and Edge claim victory in the titular contests.

The 2024 WWE Royal Rumble is underway, starting off with the Women's Royal Rumble match.

Rhea Ripley is the defending champion of the match, but because she is a current title belt holder, a new winner will be crowned tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT