ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Outback Bowl Thread: Iowa Vs Mississippi State***

I am looking forward to THE Iowa Hawkeyes putting a big ole muzzle on the Bulldogs and shoving them back into their doghouse! Start the New Year off the right way. Go Hawks!

facebook-com-dan-weese-5.jpg

Last edited:
SEC has won 6 of the last 8 Outback bowls..

Iowa currantly is a 6.5 Underdog... Good Luck

As long as we fair better then you did in your bowl game I will be ok..........wait

I’m looking up bowl history for the B1G lately don’t be so offended.

For some reason the B1G has done better in the Citrus bowl even though they don’t play in that bowl every year..

Rose Bowl has been another tough venue for the B1G
The last 18 years only winning twice..

Light up Herky’..

Yikes. Look at these 2 stats:

Irrational Hawkeye
@IrrationalHawk
Mississippi State only allowed 12 touchdowns all season. That’s just ridiculous.

Chad Leistikow‏Verified account@ChadLeistikow 1h1 hour ago
Chad Leistikow Retweeted Irrational Hawkeye

And Iowa looking for its first scoring drive of 10+ yards in an Outback Bowl since Jan. 1, 2009.

To hell with stats.

34zyezq.png

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

What is the weather forecast at kickoff?
What is everybody at home eating for the game?

We are having breakfast for lunch since it was a late night. Pancakes with chunky peanut butter and syrup, to go with eggs and bacon.

Reactions: WildTurk and Moral
Obviously this will be a defensive game, and we need all the playmakers we can get. I will be very curious to see how effective Hock can be. He is a beast and has had a great season, but can he have the same impact without Fant drawing attention? I love the kid and hope he lights it up, win or lose. Kittle's success has me really excited for what TJ can do going forward. He's the real deal.

What is the weather forecast at kickoff?
What is everybody at home eating for the game?

We are having breakfast for lunch since it was a late night. Pancakes with chunky peanut butter and syrup, to go with eggs and bacon.
Steak and eggs!

How hard is it to get the playing field in good shape? JFC, this is ridiculous.

Iowa is the home team, wearing black in the heat.

also, this nugget:

Chad Leistikow‏Verified account@ChadLeistikow 16m16 minutes ago
A wild card today: Ivory Kelly-Martin. Has not been fully healthy since opener. Been bugged by an ankle all year. Was supposed to be featured back, but Mekhi Sargent seems to be the main guy now.

Iowa would looked real good in gold jerseys and in a bowl game like this in the Tampa heat they should have considered wearing gold uniforms..Just a thought..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT