ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Outback Bowl Thread: Iowa Vs Mississippi State***

too late. Almost home. Called security. Left minivan in parking garage. Gonna start fire chimenea drinking black label

tenor.gif

Ya, Iowa got manhandled by da MSU D-Line and defense, and had 61 penalties for 560 yards this season. But amazingly, had 0 penalties for 0 yards in this a game. lol

MVP and game ball to officials. lol
How was the Alamo Bowl!.. Is there a cyclown board?

Reactions: hawkhorn
Ya, history making game in college football, where you win with "-15 yards" rushing and 0 penalties. Refs were MVP and deserve game ball. lol

MSU Iowa
Total Yards 340 200
Rushing Yards 190 -15
Penalties 8-90 0-0
You mention penalties. I’m curious as to what penalty that was called on MSU was incorrect. The face mask was correct. The hold at the end of the first half was clearly a hold. The targeting call was an easy one. The PI was also correct. The only one I question was their first unsportsmanlike conduct, but I didn’t see what happened there. As far as yards go it doesn’t much matter. Iowa scores when they had the short field twice. And convenient if you to leave out turnovers and points off turnovers.

Last edited:
You mention penalties. I’m curious as to what penalty that was called on MSU was incorrect. The face mask was correct. The hold at the end of the first half was clearly a hold. The targeting call was an easy one. The PI was also correct. The only one I question was their first unsportsmanlike conduct, but I didn’t see what happened there. As far as yards go it doesn’t much matter. Iowa scores when they had the short field twice. And convenient if you to leave out turnovers and points off turnovers.
You do realize you are trying to rationalize with a moron right?

I didn’t originally see the throat slash, but I’m rewatching the game now. He did a slashing motion, but it didn’t look like it was quite up to his throat. The camera angle was pretty poor. He did it right in front of the referee, so I’m assuming that he had a good view.

I agree on the calls. None of them were very questionable. They could have even called at least two more obvious holds that they let go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT