ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Summer League Thread. Keegan nails his first shot as a King. A 3 pointer.*****

That's awesome

U watching tonight?
I'm watching D-Lo and KC with James Ham. They're discussing Keegan and the team in general. You know, the more I think about the last 6 points scored in regulation vs Orlando, the more special it is. Queta and Keegan hitting clutch 3's. The nice kick to Queta from Keon Ellis (who I really Like), and the steal by Murkey to help get Keegan that 3 opportunity, is really remarkable and memorable for a long time.

I'm watching D-Lo and KC with James Ham. They're discussing Keegan and the team in general. You know, the more I think about the last 6 points scored in regulation vs Orlando, the more special it is. Queta and Keegan hitting clutch 3's. The nice kick to Queta from Keon Ellis (who I really Like), and the steal by Murkey to help get Keegan that 3 opportunity, is really remarkable and memorable for a long time.

its just a shame that they couldn't pull out the W

I see that Orlando shut down Banchero (they want to give other players more playing time)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Keegan, on him starting a bit slower before picking it up later in games:

FXVsI79UEAAOD1B

I have not heard of any Kings employee making a negative statement about the drafting of Murray. The only negatives I have found are coming from Kings 'fans' who are likely disgruntled with the Kings lack of playoff success, thinking that Ivey was their only way into the post-season.
I agree with you about the fans being disgruntled about the lack of playoff success. Along with that, Haliburton was very popular with the fans in Sacramento, and still is, following the trade to get Sabonis, Holiday, and Lamb. Fans are unhappy about losing Haliburton. He was happy in Sacramento as well.
From what I'm hearing, Keegan is getting a lot of love from Kings fans now, after seeing his performance in 5 games of summer play.

I agree with you about the fans being disgruntled about the lack of playoff success. Along with that, Haliburton was very popular with the fans in Sacramento, and still is, following the trade to get Sabonis, Holiday, and Lamb. Fans are unhappy about losing Haliburton. He was happy in Sacramento as well.
From what I'm hearing, Keegan is getting a lot of love from Kings fans now, after seeing his performance in 5 games of summer play.
I can understand why some would be upset w that trade but sabonis is a frickin stud. I'd bet Sac has considerably more wins than Indiana this upcoming season.

I have not heard of any Kings employee making a negative statement about the drafting of Murray. The only negatives I have found are coming from Kings 'fans' who are likely disgruntled with the Kings lack of playoff success, thinking that Ivey was their only way into the post-season.

When do you think an NBA team should shut down their lottery pick in Summer League?

There is no right or wrong answer. The reason I ask is because it's interesting that Orlando has shut Banchero down.

As you said there's NO right answer. These games give the team a chance to work with the new KING, and to formulate a plan for using him. It gives the current team a look at him and helps to quell the fans a bit watching his play. Of course if they shut him down, he'll only be in the gym anyway working on his game, so its a moot point. An injury could happen then as well. Hell when they interviewed Banchero he said he was looking forward to going home to Seattle after the summer league and playing in some tournament there for all the local studs in the area, so......

Reactions: Franisdaman
As you said there's NO right answer. These games give the team a chance to work with the new KING, and to formulate a plan for using him. It gives the current team a look at him and helps to quell the fans a bit watching his play. Of course if they shut him down, he'll only be in the gym anyway working on his game, so its a moot point. An injury could happen then as well. Hell when they interviewed Banchero he said he was looking forward to going home to Seattle after the summer league and playing in some tournament there for all the local studs in the area, so......

And there's only 2, maybe 3, Summer League games left. Has any other team other than Orlando shut their Lottery Pick down?

I'm sure this topic will pick up steam with Liddle's injury the other day. (torn ACL I believe)......
That really sucks for E.J. Wishing him a rapid (and complete) recovery. Interestingly enough, Ivey, they player so many Kings wanted to be their pick, got injured as well and has sat out the last couple of games. Fortunately, it appears that he just badly sprained his ankle. I think a lot of Kings fans are finally warming to Murray, as well they should given how he has performed in the summer league. I'm just hoping they realize that Keegan is simply a piece in the team's improvement and not the determining solution.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT