ADVERTISEMENT

***Official U.S. OPEN thread***

Annnnd Aberg gets the Finau treatment.

So where do we stand with Bryson now? I didn’t realize he had become the fan favorite so suddenly.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Annnnd Aberg gets the Finau treatment.

So where do we stand with Bryson now? I didn’t realize he had become the fan favorite so suddenly.

His YouTube channel and some reality stuff - he’s come out of his weird dude shell.

Can't pay and Rory tangled at Ryder Cup and recently can't pay blocked Rory from getting back on PGA players Council.
Hope Rory kicks his arse and wins it all tomorrow.

Should would have made sense for a Bryson / Rory pairing. Doubly so now that Pavon tripled putted

Bryson just straddled his putt. Is that allowed now?

I guess you can do it to avoid someone else's line. I remember seeing someone penalized for it before.

Last edited:
BDC has been money with the putter but I can’t help but think he sprays one of these huge drives at some point and sets him back. It’ll stay entertaining as long as Rory hangs around.

The trouble with the way they have Pinehurst playing is that instead of the Championship decided by skill it easily could just come down to shit house luck either good or bad.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I'd read earlier in the week that Calcavecchia detests Pinehurst & called it the most overrated course in the world. His main gripe was that the course frequently punishes well-struck shots.

He's not wrong about that. The flukish "ball hits pin on the fly & deflects into trouble" is one thing, but just rolling from a foot from the cup to a spot that takes a miraculous chip shot to save par is a whole different story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott559
I'd read earlier in the week that Calcavecchia detests Pinehurst & called it thermostat overrated course in the world. His main gripe was that the course frequently punishes well-struck shots.

He's not wrong about that. The flukish "ball hits pin on the fly & deflects into trouble" is one thing, but just rolling from a foot from the cup to a spot that takes a miraculous chip shot to save par is a whole different story.

I was surprised the USGA made it an anchor site. I can think of lots of courses I would rather see the Open on than Pinehurst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT