ADVERTISEMENT

Officials

Chekster1

Scout Team
Dec 1, 2017
I will be loud at Carver tomorrow night - if we could choose which officials were doing the game, which ones would we choose?

I will be loud at Carver tomorrow night - if we could choose which officials were doing the game, which ones would we choose?

Eades and Wellner are pretty good. Bo Boroski takes a beating here, but he's generally good. Iowa would benefit from a game where things are called a little tighter.

Reactions: hooper56
Eades and Wellner are pretty good. Bo Boroski takes a beating here, but he's generally good. Iowa would benefit from a game where things are called a little tighter.
All they have to do is call a game by the rules, evenly and consistently and Iowa will do just fine.
The bump and bounce BS that a select group of coaches teach and have their team get away with is BS.
The bias of teams like MSU and the hiding behind " its a tough job", " you can't call every foul" is pure BS.
Have rules , use rules and make your job easier. They will learn or they will sit.
Real simple. Don't reward cheaters and you will have less cheating.
Its not that hard to figure out.

The calls I don't like are the ones where an official "anticipates" contact and the other one is (and I really hate this one) where a player who is known as a "great" shot blocker hammers someone and no call is made.

All they have to do is call a game by the rules, evenly and consistently and Iowa will do just fine.
The bump and bounce BS that a select group of coaches teach and have their team get away with is BS.
The bias of teams like MSU and the hiding behind " its a tough job", " you can't call every foul" is pure BS.
Have rules , use rules and make your job easier. They will learn or they will sit.
Real simple. Don't reward cheaters and you will have less cheating.
Its not that hard to figure out.
Agree.

You most certainly *can* call every foul. And should. Then teams like MSU will no longer be able to get away with murder.

And the “Izzo has earned the right” for preferential treatment is BS. His team should have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

I love “that’s life on the road in the B1G” or “a freshman doesn’t get that call”. The best might be, “you can’t call a foul at that point in the game”.

As if the rules of basketball change depending on who’s the home team or the education level of the players. If it’s a foul at 19:30, then it’s a foul at 00:02.

I love “that’s life on the road in the B1G” or “a freshman doesn’t get that call”. The best might be, “you can’t call a foul at that point in the game”.

As if the rules of basketball change depending on who’s the home team or the education level of the players. If it’s a foul at 19:30, then it’s a foul at 00:02.
Yet , due to simple human bias all those things are exactly what is played out night after night , year after year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT