ADVERTISEMENT

Oh no Righties! Inflation coming down

Really, we're all just victims of inflation with no power to respond to it? I realize there are certain purchases that cannot be avoided, but subs and chips aren't on that list, unless you're a lazy fatty. Start voting with your dollars or more effectively keep your dollars in your bank accounts.

Or you can just act like a consumer zombie and keep shoveling your money over and say it's fine, there's nothing that can be done.
I better not see you getting gas at the pumps, then.

Lowest Since 2021

Gonna have to think of a new angle to attack ole Joe....Or is low inflation "woke"?
You do realize this is cumulative right? Naturally inflation will go down eventually because if it kept rising at the same rate as it did the last 2 years, we literally would have people starving.

According to the link, inflation is still 15ish percent above mar 2019.

This is not something to be proud of. it will lead to a lot of people defaulting on loans though and possibly losing their home they bought. We have not seen the full effects of inflation yet, but it is coming.

You do realize this is cumulative right? Naturally inflation will go down eventually because if it kept rising at the same rate as it did the last 2 years, we literally would have people starving.

According to the link, inflation is still 15ish percent above mar 2019.

This is not something to be proud of. it will lead to a lot of people defaulting on loans though and possibly losing their home they bought. We have not seen the full effects of inflation yet, but it is coming.

Only because we are a nation of debtors. If we were savers it would be good for everyone.

But no...we are a country based on mindless materialism and we define ourselves by our "stuff".

• Haha
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
Only because we are a nation of debtors. If we were savers it would be good for everyone.

But no...we are a country based on mindless materialism and we define ourselves by our "stuff".

So let's live in reality instead of wishful thinking. The reality is that the majority are hurting. You post a stupid number that shows a continuing rise in inflation like its a good thing. That's bs.

So let's live in reality instead of wishful thinking. The reality is that the majority are hurting. You post a stupid number that shows a continuing rise in inflation like its a good thing. That's bs.

Actually its coming down, which is good news by your standard, isnt it?

Also, Republicans have no answer for anything. Literally. Nothing.

By going down...you mean going up by less...

Same logic as when politicians "cut" important programs from the budget, but really they're just increasing spend by less than the original proposal...

gets a political talking point in though..

Actually its coming down, which is good news by your standard, isnt it?

Also, Republicans have no answer for anything. Literally. Nothing.
It's not coming down, it's just not rising as fast. Regardless, it may be coming down in some areas. But how low will inflation go? Do you think it will return to 2020 levels? That's very unlikely.

Have salaries increased at the same level as inflation? The answer is no. So people are still feeling the pain from inflation.

The last I checked, mortgage debt to income percentage has risen to an all time high of 43ish percent. Many of these people could barely afford their hose, now with 15% inflation, something has to give.

Even people with a low fixed mortgage rate are in trouble because their other bills have risen so much that they can't afford their mortgage. They can't sell because they had little to no down payment.

5% isn't good, but it's going in the right direction. We're still hitting our hand with the hammer, just not quite as hard. Fed interest rates are slowing inflation when it comes to housing and other big ticket items, but have little effect on food prices, or other consumables. It's going to take another year or two to compensate for the extreme deficit spending of the last couple of years, and hope we don't add any more of that. We also have to hope for some sanity with domestic energy production.

It's not coming down, it's just not rising as fast. Regardless, it may be coming down in some areas. But how low will inflation go? Do you think it will return to 2020 levels? That's very unlikely.

Have salaries increased at the same level as inflation? The answer is no. So people are still feeling the pain from inflation.

The last I checked, mortgage debt to income percentage has risen to an all time high of 43ish percent. Many of these people could barely afford their hose, now with 15% inflation, something has to give.

Even people with a low fixed mortgage rate are in trouble because their other bills have risen so much that they can't afford their mortgage. They can't sell because they had little to no down payment.

Again...more crying...but no solutions of course

How many gas station pickles is that?

Eggs $3.50
Prairie Farms Lowfat Cottage Cheese $4.00
One bag of black beans $1.70
Loaf of Whole Wheat Bread $3.00
Bag of Yellow Popcorn $2.35
Bag of Red Potatoes $4.75
Whole Wheat Flour $4.79

My bad. I guess my eating cost me $24 last week. Egg sandwich for breakfast, black bean sandwich with cottage cheese for lunch, black bean burger with a potato for dinner. Popcorn as snack at 9:00 PM.

Seems like a good deal. She paid $69 last week for my footlong.

ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif
I've seen the video. That action is no joke

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Black beans for lunch and supper. Wtf. I bet this guy is a riot to hang out with!

Solutions for what? I didn't see you ask an actual question. But I'll give it a go.

Biden should not have given the last covid stimulus. This was not needed, but we can't undo this.

We need to back off on the green energy for the time being and increase us oil production. This would decrease oil prices and reduce cost for producing products as well as reduce energy costs.

This wold be a start.

5% isn't good, but it's going in the right direction. We're still hitting our hand with the hammer, just not quite as hard. Fed interest rates are slowing inflation when it comes to housing and other big ticket items, but have little effect on food prices, or other consumables. It's going to take another year or two to compensate for the extreme deficit spending of the last couple of years, and hope we don't add any more of that. We also have to hope for some sanity with domestic energy production.
We've been deficit spending in a pretty extreme fashion for basically the entire 2000's, no? The crazy of crazy levels started during Trump's term will hopefully never occur again, but I'm doubtful.

Domestic oil production is within ~5% of the pre-pandemic all-time highs, and domestic natural gas production continues to set a new record high virtually every month. The Biden administration recently approved a massive production project in Alaska and conducted the largest auction in the Gulf of Mexico since 2017.

The hand-wringing from the right on domestic energy issues is laughable.

We can agree on something there. The amount of money handed out during covid to people unaffected by covid got us into this disaster.
But, I’d rather take care of people at home who provide food for the world than sending money to Ukraine
Sure.

• Haha
The “solution” was offered before it was “Trump’s fault too!” before it was “greedflation”, before it was “transitory”, all the way back to when it was “there is no inflation, let’s pass these massive spending bills and keep the money printers rolling”.

The solution was to quit spending and printing money. Now you’re asking them to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT