ADVERTISEMENT

OiT finally tries Casey's pizza *** UPDATED ***

ottumwan in tx

HR King
Oct 26, 2002
Oh yeah, forgot to post it up on here. I've seen countless threads on here about Casey's pizza. Never tried it. so, in august of 2022, that's right, more than a year ago....I go home to Ottumwa for a family reunion. I did hit up the state fair by the way, saw some tractor pulls. Anywho, driving home, to Texas, I get hungry. Stop at Casey's in north Mizzou. Have them make me a fresh one.

OK. no. It sucks.

I am wondering if it would be different in Iowa? those mizzou folks probably don't know what in the heck they are doing.
Everything about Casey's quality has declined in recent years except the cleanliness. That has always been substandard. The pizza is not as good as it was even 5-10 years ago and they added a lot of lousy store brand stuff to their shelves. I have no problem with store brands, love ALDI and Kwik Star, but Casey's store brand items are all junk. Their kitchens it seems have cut costs by sacrificing their recipes a bit.

Not My Cup Of Tea GIF by ION

Everything about Casey's quality has declined in recent years except the cleanliness. That has always been substandard. The pizza is not as good as it was even 5-10 years ago and they added a lot of lousy store brand stuff to their shelves. I have no problem with store brands, love ALDI and Kwik Star, but Casey's store brand items are all junk. Their kitchens it seems have cut costs by sacrificing their recipes a bit.
this is what I'm thinking probably happened. should have tried it like 15 yrs ago. we got these stores around here buying up all the convenience stores, called "refuel". I think refuel kind of sucks.

I am wondering if it would be different in Iowa? those mizzou folks probably don't know what in the heck they are doing. full disclosure: hated the crust. think it was frozen and stale. not fresh at all. the toppings and cheese might have had potential with a different crust.

Location 100% matters. Back when I was drinking more I was also eating Casey's more and started to experiment by ordering from all of the QC Casey's locations and surrounding towns. I had better consistency in smaller venues. Bettendorf was a bit of an anomaly because it would go from being in the top three to the bottom three in the area. I think there could be some steps to success.

Order from a small but financially strong town like an Eldridge Iowa. Scout the employees the day before to make sure the staff aren't a bunch of meth users. Order between 1 to 3pm on a weekday to make sure you are getting the most experienced day shift pizza maker. You will also have less risk of getting a degenerate or teen as a pizza artist. Get extra cheese so they aren't just mindlessly making the pizza, the extra cheese request will keep them on their toes.

Location 100% matters. Back when I was drinking more I was also eating Casey's more and started to experiment by ordering from all of the QC Casey's locations and surrounding towns. I had better consistency in smaller venues. Bettendorf was a bit of an anomaly because it would go from being in the top three to the bottom three in the area. I think there could be some steps to success.

Order from a small but financially strong town like an Eldridge Iowa. Scout the employees the day before to make sure the staff aren't a bunch of meth users. Order between 1 to 3pm on a weekday to make sure you are getting the most experienced day shift pizza maker. You will also have less risk of getting a degenerate or teen as a pizza artist. Get extra cheese so they aren't just mindlessly making the pizza, the extra cheese request will keep them on their toes.
oh, these folks were definite teens. not really meth users that I know of. but not really concerned with making fantabulous food. If I recall, one of the girls at least was pretty cute. it's been over a year ago. I may give ottumwa a try sometime, but talk about meth users.... ha ha

oh, these folks were definite teens. not really meth users that I know of. but not really concerned with making fantabulous food. If I recall, one of the girls at least was pretty cute. it's been over a year ago. I may give ottumwa a try sometime, but talk about meth users.... ha ha

Teens and meth users are the same thing in my view. They are both spazs and make stupid decisions, like working at Casey's.

The quality has gone downhill the past few years. Casey’s is due to go the way of HandiMarts soon. Kwik Star blows them away. Casey’s has better rewards though. Having a company vehicle, I always fill up there and have enough points for a couple pizzas every few months.

Oh yeah, forgot to post it up on here. I've seen countless threads on here about Casey's pizza. Never tried it. so, in august of 2022, that's right, more than a year ago....I go home to Ottumwa for a family reunion. I did hit up the state fair by the way, saw some tractor pulls. Anywho, driving home, to Texas, I get hungry. Stop at Casey's in north Mizzou. Have them make me a fresh one.

OK. no. It sucks.
The Casey’s in Bethany sucks ass.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx

OK. no. It sucks.
That Casey's must. have SUCKED. Mine makes awesome Iowa za.

Among convenience store pizzas that I’ve had, Casey’s would rank near the top. With that said, Casey’s would also rank near the bottom of my “best pizza” list. That shouldn’t come as any surprise.

Everything about Casey's quality has declined in recent years except the cleanliness.

I dunno. I’ve stopped to piss at more than a few Casey’s locations during my weekly road marathons. And I’ve seen a lot of men’s restrooms with no urinal and a single toilet that seems to always be gloriously painted with swirlies from marauding fecal degenerates. I usually try to piss them away if I can. I look out for my fellow man.

I dunno. I’ve stopped to piss at more than a few Casey’s locations during my weekly road marathons. And I’ve seen a lot of men’s restrooms with no urinal and a single toilet that seems to always be gloriously painted with swirlies from marauding fecal degenerates. I usually try to piss them away if I can. I look out for my fellow man.
I meant that's been consistent over the decades including presently (i.e. the cleanliness has never been great so it didn't decline), so I think we're in agreement?

Reactions: torbee
They just can’t find competent help. The Casey’s near me is well-managed with experienced employees. They are also open 24 hrs and will make you a fresh pizza at 4am. They consistently put more ingredients than other Casey’s I’ve visited.

The slices are gross, unless you get them right out of the oven. Their pepperoni pizzas have too much grease to even eat.

Reactions: Moral

OK. no. It sucks.
You ate food in Missouri.

You deserve it to suck.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
aint nobody got time for that GIF

I wonder, also, if it was better a few years ago before the canadiens bought it?
They never did. Tried to do a stock take over but Casey’s management was able to maintain at least 51% majority stock ownership.

Regarding current conditions with management, they’ve brought in outside people to run the company and these people are changing how the company operates and changing the ingredients of the pizza, all in the name of being cheaper and reducing costs, which changes the taste for the worse.

Stockholders don't give a $hit though, they are making money for producing an inferior product

A quote from a post on Pizzamaking-dot-com forum

“There are two types of people who decide to open a pizzeria. Those who see it strictly as a way to make money and those who see it as a way to make good pizza. Unfortunately the first group greatly outnumbers the second.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT