ADVERTISEMENT

OiT finally tries Casey's pizza *** UPDATED ***

A quote from a post on Pizzamaking-dot-com forum

“There are two types of people who decide to open a pizzeria. Those who see it strictly as a way to make money and those who see it as a way to make good pizza. Unfortunately the first group greatly outnumbers the second.”

So true. So true

Reactions: TC Nole OX
They never did. Tried to do a stock take over but Casey’s management was able to maintain at least 51% majority stock ownership.

Regarding current conditions with management, they’ve brought in outside people to run the company and these people are changing how the company operates and changing the ingredients of the pizza, all in the name of being cheaper and reducing costs, which changes the taste for the worse.
oh, ok, not canadiens but still outsiders who eff up everything

I got Casey's all the time ten years ago. I did Taco most weekends. But damn, it has gone to shit. I got one close to Des Moines 3 years ago. It was so bad I ate one slice and let the person I was seeing at the time have the rest. Which meant that only two slices got eaten that night.

Caseys pizza is serviceable when its fresh.
Nothing worth going out of your way for and is vastly overrated in Iowa lore.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
I got Casey's all the time ten years ago. I did Taco most weekends. But damn, it has gone to shit. I got one close to Des Moines 3 years ago. It was so bad I ate one slice and let the person I was seeing at the time have the rest. Which meant that only two slices got eaten that night.
taco pizza was invented by happy joe's and to me it is blasphemy to eat anything else that is called taco pizza

btw the one I tried was pepperoni, I figure it's hard to screw up a pepperoni pizza, but they did.

also cool story bro: my aunt was somehow related to the happy joes founder, I think he was from davenport

Reactions: Huey Grey
Oh yeah, forgot to post it up on here. I've seen countless threads on here about Casey's pizza. Never tried it. so, in august of 2022, that's right, more than a year ago....I go home to Ottumwa for a family reunion. I did hit up the state fair by the way, saw some tractor pulls. Anywho, driving home, to Texas, I get hungry. Stop at Casey's in north Mizzou. Have them make me a fresh one.

OK. no. It sucks.
You just don't know fine Italian dining like the fine citizens of Iowa do.

in august of 2022, that's right, more than a year ago....I go home to Ottumwa for a family reunion. I did hit up the state fair by the way, saw some tractor pulls. Anywho, driving home, to Texas, I get hungry. Stop at Casey's in north Mizzou. Have them make me a fresh one.

OK. no. It sucks.
I love that no one even mentions that on 1/4/24 OiT gives a Casey's review on a pizza he ate in August of 2022.

A few years ago, back when the Iowa Hawkeyes were the #2 ranked football squad in the land, I ventured home to the QC & went to the Purdue game. The following day, I got invited over to a couples house to watch the Bears game. The host had Casey's pizza delivered. I ate 2 slices & shit 4 times. I did not know these people. Every time I went to the bathroom the pet cat was in there hanging out. By the 3rd trip I didn't bother kicking him out.

The moral of this story, is neither the Iowa Hawkeyes or my stomach have been the same since that fateful weekend.

taco pizza was invented by happy joe's and to me it is blasphemy to eat anything else that is called taco pizza

btw the one I tried was pepperoni, I figure it's hard to screw up a pepperoni pizza, but they did.

also cool story bro: my aunt was somehow related to the happy joes founder, I think he was from davenport
So you just go without taco pizza?

On the pizzamaking forum, there is a Casey's thread. One poster had some success.

Their sausage pizza would be decent if they would leave it in the oven a few more minutes.

The slices are gross, unless you get them right out of the oven. Their pepperoni pizzas have too much grease to even eat.
I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a food with “too much grease to even eat.”

That’s the flavor, man. Why do you hate flavor? Fricken white people.

400x400-9843724022_base.PNG
Everything about Casey's quality has declined in recent years except the cleanliness. That has always been substandard. The pizza is not as good as it was even 5-10 years ago and they added a lot of lousy store brand stuff to their shelves. I have no problem with store brands, love ALDI and Kwik Star, but Casey's store brand items are all junk. Their kitchens it seems have cut costs by sacrificing their recipes a bit.
Dude, these rock…

OK, update: I can admit if I was wrong, well, sorta.

Here is the deal: went back to Missouri last week, had to go spur of the moment. not much time spent in Iowa. Anywho, you freakin' KC chiefs fans are pretty dang obnoxious with your red and gold everywhere. on the way back we visited 5 guys in Olathe area, everyone had on chiefs gear, everyone. I personally think they shall get smoked by the ravens but we shall see, I digress...

Reactions: Moral
OK, update: I can admit if I was wrong, well, sorta.

Here is the deal: went back to Missouri last week, had to go spur of the moment. not much time spent in Iowa. Anywho, you freakin' KC chiefs fans are pretty dang obnoxious with your red and gold everywhere. on the way back we visited 5 guys in Olathe area, everyone had on chiefs gear, everyone. I personally think they shall get smoked by the ravens but we shall see, I digress...

Not sure what you are talking about.

Excited Kc Chiefs GIF by Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs Football GIF by Nickelodeon

So, we are in Trenton... same place I tried Casey's pizza before. We are drinking a few brews, getting a little bit late, not too bad, at a local establishment... somebody { wife's aunt, no pics of wife or aunt} decides that we shall all head home and the aunt shall get Casey's pizza on the way home. Now, Trenton doesn't have a million different pizza restaurants, maybe pizza hut that's about it.

She is talking about the thin crust. At the bar. Holy crap, she shows up back at the house, two big thin crust pizzas, everything on there. really good. really good. for gas station pizza. And it was good the next day as leftovers.

Apparently three things went differently since the time I tried it two yrs ago: number one she went with thin crust. really pretty good. their regular crust is too doughy for me. number two, there probably is two locations in trenton and I think she went to the one in town and I was at the one out by the highway. location matters of course as mentioned above. number three: I always try a a pepperoni pizza first at any given pizza place because I figure if you screw up a pepperoni pizza, your other stuff shall be garbage. the toppings were good, plenty of stuff on there.

I apologize to you, Casey's. Your thin crust is pretty danged do-able after a few mizzou beers.

By the way, Busch heavy in mizzou: 30 packs, cheap price, Hy-vee. ha ha

OiT steps up to the plate this morning and knocks one out of the park.

I feel better now about humanity. Well……I guess I just feel a little bit better about Casey’s pizza.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT