ADVERTISEMENT

Okay moving on. Who’s gonna watch Fever games?

Honest question, as I’ve never paid attention…but are all their games easily watchable? I’ve seen games on tv, just have no idea if they air all games or just some select games. Do I need to re-up my subscription to Peacock?

Reactions: ddeanHawk
I wish the WNBA would adopt the NBA team names and mascots when possible. It's just an easier transition to make if you're already a fan of the men's game. From a marketing standpoint, I don't understand why they didn't do this and get the crossover support the way college women's teams do.

I don't even know when the season begins or ends.
Gonna be hard to "become a fan" when games are rarely shown on national television.

I'll definitely keep an eye on the box scores and periodically check in.

I'm interested to see how they play. Hopefully they push the pace as that seems to be when Clark is at her best. Whether they have the roster for that or not, I have no idea. Can't say I've ever watched a WNBA game. I think she'll hit a wall at some point. After almost 40 games and a pro season on the horizon, that is going to be brutal. The league flies commercial and doesn't charter flights as well.

I don't even know when the season begins or ends.
Gonna be hard to "become a fan" when games are rarely shown on national television.

I'll definitely keep an eye on the box scores and periodically check in.
They'll definitely start airing more games on ESPN and their family of networks.

Some of the issue is their season is just in a weird time period.

The draft is like a week away, which is ridiculous, and their season runs from May through the summer months and culminates smack dab in the middle of football season in October.

I'll keep any eye on her career, watch some games when I can.
Hopefully she can get a little bit of rest between now and the start of camp/season.

I’ll watch if I catch it but I’m not going to make it a priority.
This.

Haven't watched a full NBA game since Jordan retired. Haven't watched more than 5 minutes total this season. Have never watched a WNBA game.

I can play golf until 9pm most of the summer. That's a priority over watching basketball

I'll be curious how she does and notice if it's publicized, but won't watch.
I hope she absolutely dominates and wins everything she can, but just don't care about either NBAs.
Give me college games every time.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Will Ferrell More Cowbell GIF

I’ve never had a favorite WNBA team. Guess I’ll jump on the Fever bandwagon. Maybe buy some merch. Catch a game if I can.

Like with Keegan, I'll definitely check in from time to time to see how CC is doing. As for watching, I doubt I will ever be a rabid WNBA guy (I don't watch the NBA much these days, either). Possible I will catch the odd game here and there, though.

On a side note, the Fever are kinda looking like the '90s Orlando Magic right now with how they've had back to back #1 picks in the draft, and got Aaliyah Boston (Shaq) last year, and are about to get Caitlin Clark (Anfernee Hardaway) this year.

No, I'm not comparing those players, merely showing you who the Magic drafted so you understand the reference.

I will certainly follow Caitlin. Not sure about the WNBA. I've been turned off by some of the comments from current players. I wonder if Caitlin is going to receive the Pete Maravich treatment. A lot of the comments appear to have a different motive than general trash talk. Seems a bit toxic in my opinion and I am not quite sure I want to support with my pocketbook.

On a side note, the Fever are kinda looking like the '90s Orlando Magic right now with how they've had back to back #1 picks in the draft, and got Aaliyah Boston (Shaq) last year, and are about to get Caitlin Clark (Anfernee Hardaway) this year.

No, I'm not comparing those players, merely showing you who the Magic drafted so you understand the reference.
Boston said she's looking forward to Clark coming because of her passing ability.

I have no issue with the talk from the WNBA vets. Has anything gotten personal? How cool is it - the womens game becoming the forefront. We're debating GOAT status, titles, legacies. It's growing the game and narrative.

I’m still excited to watch Caitlin and see how her career unfolds
I will watch Fever games which are on tv. I am not going to watch games on my phone on facebook or whatever - highlights are fine for those - and I'm not going to sign up for a new streaming service like I did for the Hawkeyes. Also, I have no interest in any other team, so I will not be watching non-Fever games.

I will if they are on and I'm not busy. Summer can be real hit and miss for me though.

I will follow Clark but the WNBA is a terrible product with unlikable stars. I tried to get into it and watch it with my girls years ago but even they hated it. The three of us could never even get through a few minutes.

The WNBA should be excited for Clark but instead it's players have been nasty towards her. Clark doesn't need the WNBA, it needs her.

My question would be are the Fever going to let her play, or make her play in their system. CC stated that the reason she wanted to play for Bluder was because she was allowed to play like CC.

Reactions: BonzoFury
I will watch Fever games which are on tv. I am not going to watch games on my phone on facebook or whatever - highlights are fine for those - and I'm not going to sign up for a new streaming service like I did for the Hawkeyes. Also, I have no interest in any other team, so I will not be watching non-Fever games.
Having never watched a WNBA game in my life, what networks/streaming services carry WNBA games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT