ADVERTISEMENT

Okay moving on. Who’s gonna watch Fever games?

I bought season tickets and am excited to continue supporting her career in the WNBA and watching the league grow and evolve.

Reactions: GlenHawk
I will very likely get a pass for the year. Just not sure whether it will be the annual pass directly through the WNBA or add on the monthly pass through YouTube TV

There is no guarantee she plays for The Fever. There is a $5 million offer on the table waiting for her elsewhere. Whichever, I may check in on how she is doing but will not be watching. I don't watch the NBA either.

I was unable to find the $25 annual package available on WNBA.com within my YouTube TV account…only saw the $7.99 monthly plan

Bought a League Pass the day she announced.
Just spent 35 bucks to see every game she plays in the W this coming season. I'll let folks around here know how much they're missing but if yall gonna have to get your own if you want to know WHAT you're missing. Sandwiched in between NBA playoffs and MLB playoffs, I got plenty of time for fishing and Caitlin.

Reactions: littlez
I just visited their website, and it says local blackout rules apply. Is this like MLB blackout where living in Des Moines we are blacked out for Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City, and Milwaukee? I think the only reason we aren’t blacked out for Indiana is because there is no team there.

Answering my own question, ankeny is only blacked out for sky games. I had to look up where they play and it is Chicago.

I just visited their website, and it says local blackout rules apply. Is this like MLB blackout where living in Des Moines we are blacked out for Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City, and Milwaukee? I think the only reason we are blacked out for Indiana is because there is no team there.
If CC is involved they need to lift the "blackout" rules. Have to give her maximum exposure to grow the game.

That has to be their strategy.

Love what CC did for Iowa and women’s college basketball. I have zero interest in the wnba and I don’t see that changing because of CC.

Blacking out games from main revenue stream is so retarded. Make the games worth the trip and people will follow.

I will certainly follow Caitlin. Not sure about the WNBA. I've been turned off by some of the comments from current players. I wonder if Caitlin is going to receive the Pete Maravich treatment. A lot of the comments appear to have a different motive than general trash talk. Seems a bit toxic in my opinion and I am not quite sure I want to support with my pocketbook.
What was the Pete Maravich treatment?

Sorry I hope the best for her but I don't watch any pro sports and with the craziness of the wild west NIL it's getting hard to watch college.
I feel the same way. I will just check the highlights where ever I can find them. I wish her the best of luck. I pretty much only watch college sports and with NIL that is getting harder also.

I will absolutely be watching and supporting Caitlin. After everything she’s done for this state & this program, it would be a dishonor to stop watching her. Ever.
This is exactly how I feel. I've never watched a WNBA game, but I will continue to support Caitlin in any way I can. I doubt I watch every game but even if I catch 10 Fever games this season, that's worth the $35 IMO.

She gave 100% to our state and university every night out for four years, so to be like "I don't like WNBA, so I won't follow" seems shitty to me. Like "Thanks for playing for the Hawks but now that you've graduated, I really don't care."

As I said, I will buy the league pass and a CC jersey to support her and am looking forward to seeing what she can do at the next level.

Last edited:
Looking at the Fever's roster, they have decent parts to build around.

If/when they draft Clark, they'll have the #1 and #3 (Kelsey Mitchell) all time scorers in WCBB.

She should immediately step in at the PG spot, but she'll be bumping out soon-to-be 9 year veteran PG Erica Wheeler, who has more or less been a starter at guard for the last 4 years

Grace Berger, from Indiana, is also in the rotation.

This is exactly how I feel. I've never watched a WNBA game, but I will continue to support Caitlin in any way I can. I doubt I watch every game but even if I catch 10 Fever games this season, that's worth the $35 IMO.

She gave 100% to our state and university every night out for four years, so to be like "I don't like WNBA, so I won't follow" seems shitty to me. Like "Thanks for playing for the Hawks but now that you've graduated, I really don't care."

As I said, I will buy the league pass and a CC jersey to support her and am looking forward to seeing what she can do at the next level.
Agreed. Honestly, $35 is nothing for the entire season—especially compared to what CC has given us and our state/university. I will definitely be following her career throughout.

Agreed. Honestly, $35 is nothing for the entire season—especially compared to what CC has given us and our state/university. I will definitely be following her career throughout.
Yup, that was my thought as well. It's a small price to pay to support such a great Hawk, plus I genuinely love watching her hoop.

I'm confident that she'll have the highest-selling jersey this year. It would also be cool if the sales for WNBA TV packages increased 2-3x because of Caitlin's influence. It benefits the league overall, but it's amusing to think about how it might bother veterans like Tarasi that Caitlin could generate more money and excitement in just one year than they could in nearly two decades. Just another reason to keep supporting her lol.

So also think about that. CC besides putting butts in the seats is going to get get a ton of new subscriptions for 35 dollars. This will be great for the league.

Reactions: letsgosports
On a side note, the Fever are kinda looking like the '90s Orlando Magic right now with how they've had back to back #1 picks in the draft, and got Aaliyah Boston (Shaq) last year, and are about to get Caitlin Clark (Anfernee Hardaway) this year.

No, I'm not comparing those players, merely showing you who the Magic drafted so you understand the reference.
Plus the #2 pick 2 years ago with NaLyssa Smith who was first in rebounding and second in scoring.

Last edited:
Plus the #2 pick 2 years ago with NaLyssa Smith who was first in rebounding and second in scoring.
As someone who doesn’t know shit about the WNBA, if they have her and Boston, and Kelsey Mitchell, why did they suck bad enough to have the #1 pick?or is it a lottery where they jumped teams with worse records?

Question, are the announcers the same for the pass and the networks? If the wnba has gobbled up the decent announcers and they are shared, that could be a factor. Then again, they could suck and they might bring in good announcers who normally have the summer off…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT