ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin to Iowa

3b868877.jpg

Reactions: Herkmeister
By the way ... has anybody else noticed that Iowa gained 2 walk-on WRs who have actually seen action in D1 ball (MACtion to be precise)? Specifically, Charlie Jones will be a RS SO in '19 ... and he had nearly 400 receiving yards in '18 for the University of Buffalo. Also, Jack Combs walked-on after having played in 5 games for Central Michigan last year.

It would appear that the Hawks may have a little bit of vacuum in terms of experience at WR past Brandon Smith and Smith-Marsette. Maybe these guys ... and perhaps Martin too ... could help bolster our level of depth and experience at WR?

Just an FYI, the guy who tweeted that doesn’t exactly have the most sterling reputation for the veracity of his “scoops.” I have no idea if Martin is transferring or not, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up based off a tweet from James Yoder. We’ve heard this rumor enough times that I’m not going to believe it until I see it.

Just an FYI, the guy who tweeted that doesn’t exactly have the most sterling reputation for the veracity of his “scoops.” I have no idea if Martin is transferring or not, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up based off a tweet from James Yoder. We’ve heard this rumor enough times that I’m not going to believe it until I see it.
You know what partyhawk420 said he was coming to Iowa and now he is transferring.. you need to bow down to 420!!!!!!!! Oliver ****ing martin

Reactions: mrF6n6
By the way ... has anybody else noticed that Iowa gained 2 walk-on WRs who have actually seen action in D1 ball (MACtion to be precise)? Specifically, Charlie Jones will be a RS SO in '19 ... and he had nearly 400 receiving yards in '18 for the University of Buffalo. Also, Jack Combs walked-on after having played in 5 games for Central Michigan last year.

It would appear that the Hawks may have a little bit of vacuum in terms of experience at WR past Brandon Smith and Smith-Marsette. Maybe these guys ... and perhaps Martin too ... could help bolster our level of depth and experience at WR?
Hopefully they could help but there has been no indication that Kirk and the staff has had a change of mind and plan on changing to a passing team....
If we did pass more, it would only help the running game and the people on this forum..THROW THE DAMM BALL.

I don't know any more than you, but there seems to be a lot of smoke for the fire. Partyhawk may be on to somrthing.

If he is, great, and congrats for him going out on a limb.

On the other hand, after two years of similar rumors, we were right to maintain a natural skepticism.

Hopefully they could help but there has been no indication that Kirk and the staff has had a change of mind and plan on changing to a passing team....
If we did pass more, it would only help the running game and the people on this forum..THROW THE DAMM BALL.

Michigan threw the ball 347 times last year. Iowa threw the ball 408 times. But yes, continue with the narrative that Iowa doesn't throw the ball. That's over 30 passing attempts per game for Iowa. If you want to catch the ball, you will get the opportunity at Iowa.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but the source responsible for the rumor is a proven hack who had been called out for their BS ny the actual Michigan athletic department.

Take it with a major grain of salt.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but the source responsible for the rumor is a proven hack who had been called out for their BS ny the actual Michigan athletic department.

Take it with a major grain of salt.

There are a variety of sources on the Michigan side of the equation.

Are you a personal friend of Oliver and have spoken to him about it very recently?

Last Friday night me and all my buddies linked up at Pints before hopping around downtown and OM was with them (Yes, before midnight) and he casually mentioned that he’s transferring to Iowa. We had a mutual friend, I had never spoken to him before.

My buddies don’t follow recruiting that closely so I came to HR to spread the good news and should’ve known I was going to get shit on for saying it. I didn’t get to see the formal release from the University of Michigan but it seemed sincere. The night was young and people weren’t drunkenly pestering him or anything. We weren’t even talking about football when he said it.

For those of you saying I’m owed a beer, I will gladly take you up on that if he follows through.

No conspiracy, just trying to contribute to a website that I’ve been lurking on for years

This topic is in the Lounge as well under "Good News" with about 150 replies as well so lots of smoke...we shall see..good news if true, he still has a RS year to use for his transfer year, no?

Last Friday night me and all my buddies linked up at Pints before hopping around downtown and OM was with them (Yes, before midnight) and he casually mentioned that he’s transferring to Iowa. We had a mutual friend, I had never spoken to him before.

My buddies don’t follow recruiting that closely so I came to HR to spread the good news and should’ve known I was going to get shit on for saying it. I didn’t get to see the formal release from the University of Michigan but it seemed sincere. The night was young and people weren’t drunkenly pestering him or anything. We weren’t even talking about football when he said it.

For those of you saying I’m owed a beer, I will gladly take you up on that if he follows through.

No conspiracy, just trying to contribute to a website that I’ve been lurking on for years
Go ahead and add me to that beer list if you like.
This topic is in the Lounge as well under "Good News" with about 150 replies as well so lots of smoke...we shall see..good news if true, he still has a RS year to use for his transfer year, no?
He redshirted in 2017, so he has 3 years left, minus one for a transfer, so 2 to play, unless he somehow gets a waiver.

There's also the possibility Michigan blocks him from the Big Ten.

Unless he gets approval to play right away from the NCAA which owes Iowa after the Drew Ott royal screw job.

Hope it is true and he decides to play football for Iowa and helps them beat Michigan as Harbaugh only wanted Oliver Martin so Iowa didn’t get him. Is swimming in his future too?

Reactions: mrF6n6
No way this is true....but I’ll play along.
Can somebody please tell me again why we would want Oliver Martin on the Hawk FB team?
So he blew up in a couple camps cause he could run routes and had good hands, but what would he really bring? Speed? Length? Accomplishments? What makes him better than the receivers we already have and new guys ready to play this year?
He’s clearly not all Hawkeye or he would have come here in the first place, right? The Hawks showed plenty of love during recruitment even if it was a bit late (alledgely), but he and his family snubbed Kirk for Harblow. Character stain? Ego issue? Iowa City and Hawks not good enough?
It appears to me like he might be damaged goods now with all this water under the bridge and the sticky residue from exposure to that Mich culture.
I’m just surprised by all the lust... What am I missing?

Reactions: Stormn Norman
No way this is true....but I’ll play along.
Can somebody please tell me again why we would want Oliver Martin on the Hawk FB team?
So he blew up in a couple camps cause he could run routes and had good hands, but what would he really bring? Speed? Length? Accomplishments? What makes him better than the receivers we already have and new guys ready to play this year?
He’s clearly not all Hawkeye or he would have come here in the first place, right? The Hawks showed plenty of love during recruitment even if it was a bit late (alledgely), but he and his family snubbed Kirk for Harblow. Character stain? Ego issue? Iowa City and Hawks not good enough?
It appears to me like he might be damaged goods now with all this water under the bridge and the sticky residue from exposure to that Mich culture.
I’m just surprised by all the lust... What am I missing?
There's zero ego with Oliver to my knowledge, what's appealing is that we had a 4 star WR in our backyard at a position of critical need. We waited a bit too long to offer by Oliver's own admission but that was a small piece to the puzzle.
Mich did a decent sales job and their history of WR's to the league along with their offense sold the Martins...

Reactions: steventrelain
There's zero ego with Oliver to my knowledge, what's appealing is that we had a 4 star WR in our backyard at a position of critical need. We waited a bit too long to offer by Oliver's own admission but that was a small piece to the puzzle.
Mich did a decent sales job and their history of WR's to the league along with their offense sold the Martins...

I think Michigan had put 2 (3?) Iowa WRs in the NFL within Martin's memory. I'm sure he also is aware of names like Easly - Groeneweg - Vandeberg. He might be thinking, "eeeyyyeeaah, if those guys can see the field . . . "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT