ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion: Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to be judged by her own words? Challenge accepted.

What power?

She doesn't have a leadership position and doesn't chair a committee....
She sits on one of the most important committees in the House. She's a top 3 small dollar fundraiser for the GQP. She's arguably the one who delivered the gavel to Kevin McCarthy. She has an outsized influence on policy issues...
You want to know how I know MTG has power? She's a lunatic, and a walking disaster, but she hasn't been jettisoned. Real influence comes from your ability to create wealth and power for others. That she does.

Pure visibility. Access to eyeballs on media. The ability for her to spout her nonsense beyond her neighbors. That's power today. She'd still be a fringe youtuber chasing David Hogg around and yelling about Jewish Space Lasers if the GOP didn't prop her up via money for her campaigns and enable her to be in congress. I'll give them a little credit back in '21 when they did what they could to get her off the airwaves by taking away committee assignments, but she's got McCarthy by the balls now - he and more importantly she knows it. So she's back on committees, taking more roles in the house, growing her footprint on media, and continuing to spout her nonsense everywhere.

I know you like to play local HORT contrarian - but if you don't' see that she has and is growing power that has been enabled by the GOP, well then bub, we don't have much to chat about.
So basically she has the same "power" as AOC? She has high visibility...no argument. "Power"? Debatable...

She sits on one of the most important committees in the House. She's a top 3 small dollar fundraiser for the GQP. She's arguably the one who delivered the gavel to Kevin McCarthy. She has an outsized influence on policy issues...
You want to know how I know MTG has power? She's a lunatic, and a walking disaster, but she hasn't been jettisoned. Real influence comes from your ability to create wealth and power for others. That she does.

Exactly, Qevin would not be speaker if not for Three Toes

Exactly, Qevin would not be speaker if not for Three Toes

“I will never leave that woman”: McCarthy vowed to "always take care" of Marjorie Taylor Greene​

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., spoke at a white nationalist rally, claimed California wildfires were caused by Jewish space lasers, called for the execution of elected officials, and chased down a school shooting survivor to harass him in the street -- but, according to a New York Times report, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., "will never leave that woman."

McCarthy in a private conversation with an anonymous source broke with his previous condemnations of Greene's extremist remarks and declared absolute loyalty to the far-right conservative, according to the Times.

"I will never leave that woman," McCarthy reportedly told the anonymous source. "I will always take care of her."

McCarthy defended the remark to the Times, telling that outlet if "you're going to be in a fight, you want Marjorie in your foxhole."

"When she picks a fight, she's going to fight until the fight's over. She reminds me of my friends from high school, that we're going to stick together all the way through," he said.

Advertisement:

The Times further revealed that when Greene's attempts to spread misinformation about COVID-19 prompted Twitter to shut down her account, McCarthy went to significant lengths to help her lift the suspension -- including helping draft a formal appeal on her behalf and having his general counsel, Machalagh Carr, argue with Twitter executives on the phone for hours.

The report comes less than a week after McCarthy faced heavy criticism from both parties for appointing Greene to the powerful House Homeland Security and Oversight Committees. White House spokesman Andrew Bates on Thursday called on Republicans to "come clean" about the secretive deals McCarthy made with far-right conservatives during his bid to secure the speakership.

Reactions: HawkMD
She must give great head.

There are a couple deepfakes out there if you want to get a better picture in your mind.

And before you say it - NO! I did not search for them. I've got one really phucked up buddy that basically rick rolls us with shit like this all the time. He's really good at it because he's also loaded and well connected with Iowa Athletics so 90% of the time he's sending us good stuff. Then - boom, you get an MTG deepfake posing as Brian Ferentz news. I really need to get in the habit of hovering on links before clicking his shit!

STF2GWBL3ZEFLLWS5HFRK47L3I.jpg

Reactions: win4jj and HawkMD
““Marjorie filed impeachment articles of impeachment on President Biden before he was sworn into office more than two and a half years ago….The idea that she is now the expert on impeachment or that she is Someone who should set the timing on impeachment is absurd….””

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT