ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion The U.S. is a lot stronger than Russia. We should act like it.

Only problem is that I think most of our allies that had MIG's are running out of them because they where mostly leftovers from when they got their military hardware from Russia.

So it's not like there are a bunch of MIG's to go around.

On the other hand we have thousands of aircraft that have aged out or are going to age out very quickly that are still superior to anything the Russians are flying. And that's just our junk aircraft that we don't even really need anymore. That's to say nothing about the modern aircraft that our MIC is able to produce.

Honestly since the military is adopting a new battle rifle, why not just ship all our old M4's and M16's out to Ukraine.
It would still take a long time to train Ukrainian pilots and ground crew to operate the US jets. I'm no expert, but I've read some things written by former US pilots that say its not so easy to jump in and take off. All of the dials, gauges, markings in the cockpit are in English not Ukrainian. Old jets need parts and expertise to keep them running.

Rifles are simpler. IF we really have a surplus, then yeah, maybe send those.

It would still take a long time to train Ukrainian pilots and ground crew to operate the US jets. I'm no expert, but I've read some things written by former US pilots that say its not so easy to jump in and take off. All of the dials, gauges, markings in the cockpit are in English not Ukrainian. Old jets need parts and expertise to keep them running.

Rifles are simpler. IF we really have a surplus, then yeah, maybe send those.

No I agree that's the problem. However we may want to try to start or something because I think this war will go on for a long time. We have reached the point where major advances have ceased and it's becoming more of a war of attrition. Something Ukraine has little chance at if we can't keep giving them more and more weapons.

Psh Iraq wasn't nuking westernized democracies.

And quite frankly the Iraqi democracy is still hanging on. I don't know if it was worth the cost but regardless we did a good thing there. Not sure why they where able to get it together there but not Afganistan. But I pray they continue as an example of democracy in the ME.
Check your watch and we'll see how much longer that is true...

The country's politics have been gridlocked and essentially without a new government ever since the October vote.

Reuters notes that "Iraq marked its longest post-election deadlock on Wednesday, as lawmakers’ failure to form a government hampers reforms needed for a country struggling to recover from decades of conflict."

"More than nine months since an October election, lawmakers tasked with choosing a president and prime minister looked no closer to an agreement, bringing Iraq to a record 290 days without a head of state or cabinet," the report describes.

Last edited:
Check your watch and we'll see how much longer that is true...

The country's politics have been gridlocked and essentially without a new government ever since the October vote.

Reuters notes that "Iraq marked its longest post-election deadlock on Wednesday, as lawmakers’ failure to form a government hampers reforms needed for a country struggling to recover from decades of conflict."

"More than nine months since an October election, lawmakers tasked with choosing a president and prime minister looked no closer to an agreement, bringing Iraq to a record 290 days without a head of state or cabinet," the report describes.

Wow sounds a lot like the US. I mean that as a sad statement.

Reactions: seminole97
😍
Amazing how all these libs have embraced the former Bush administration war crime family: Boot, Cheney, Kristol, ad nauseam.
Tiabbi and Greenwald have written some interesting columns on the neocons pivot to the Democrats.

Biden's cabinet and foreign policy staff are neocons top to bottom.

It has been an amazingly fast rehabilitation from the debacles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

ADVERTISEMENT