ADVERTISEMENT

Orange man arrested for threatening Speaker of the House

seminole97

HR Legend
Jun 14, 2005
Special agents from the Texas Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) Criminal Investigations Division arrested an Orange man for allegedly making terroristic threats against Texas House Speaker and Southeast Texas Representative Dade Phelan.

DPS reported that Daniel Troy Leblanc, 44, of Orange, was arrested Jan. 15 following an investigation into threats made against Phelan on multiple social media platforms.

Leblanc was taken to the Jefferson County Correctional Facility on Jan. 17 under a $500,000 bond set by Justice of the Peace Ben Collins Sr.

Collins ordered that, should Leblanc post bond, he is to avoid all contact with Phelan and wear a GPS ankle monitor so that authorities are always aware of the suspect’s whereabouts.

The charge of terroristic threat, a third-degree felony, carries a possible penalty of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for any term of not more than 10 years or less than two years.

“Unfortunately, this sort of threatening language is the direct result of a yearlong campaign of disinformation by my opponent and his out-of-town allies,” Phelan told The Examiner of the threat. “It is one thing to disagree with me in the political arena, but I am first and foremost a father and husband, and this threatening language directly impacts my family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT