ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon

Unreal! You're trying to welch from this bet?

Iowa plays Oregon this Thursday - how is it that this upcoming game has already been played?

They were discussing the 2012 NIT game....which is why he posted the exact score from that game and even posted that was the game he was talking about.

Is reading that hard for you?

Reactions: unIowa
No moron, I said the O/U bet of 190 was for THIS UPCOMING GAME.

What, you think I am betting on what the total score was for a game that was played 6 years ago???

Is reading hard for you Legend? Is English not your first language?

Look - let me use small words - sports betting is something you do *before* a game is played, not *after*. If I'm putting up a WAGER on an Over-Under of 190, I'm talking about a future event - the Iowa / Oregon game *to be played* on Thursday.

Why would I *bet* that the score of a game that was in 2012 was over or under 190 points? Do you think I'm betting on how arithmetic works?

Are you that dense or are you simply trying to weasel out of a bet, because nobody thinks that sports betting works by betting on a game after it is played.

How the game is called at MSG will make a difference.

If we can be physical, it should help us against the younger Oregon bigs.

If we play soft & try to run with them, it could be bad.

Iowa usually plays soft so I would expect that to continue.

This game absolutely reeks of the freshman-superstar-break-out kind of game. Fran has never had an Iowa team beat one of this quality early in the season. There are zero signs so far that they seem capable of competing in this game.

crowder-change-my-mind-change-my-mind-template-31187393.png

Reactions: yiana
This game absolutely reeks of the freshman-superstar-break-out kind of game. Fran has never had an Iowa team beat one of this quality early in the season. There are zero signs so far that they seem capable of competing in this game.

crowder-change-my-mind-change-my-mind-template-31187393.png

Best Fran wins at Iowa in the early season have been against Xavier in 2013-14 where they won in OT in one of the Thanksgiving tournament (Cayman maybe?) then Iowa lost in OT to a very good Villanova team. Xavier was a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament that year. In 2015-16 Iowa beat Wichita State after losing first 2 games in one of those Thanksgiving tourneys. WSU ended up being an NCAA tourney team.

In 2014-15, Iowa did win at North Carolina in the Big 10/ACC challenge. Probably the best non-conference win of the McCaffery era at Iowa. That game was played on Dec. 3. But yes, to your point it would be unusual for Iowa to win a game against an opponent of this caliber at this point in the season.

Best Fran wins at Iowa in the early season have been against Xavier in 2013-14 where they won in OT in one of the Thanksgiving tournament (Cayman maybe?) then Iowa lost in OT to a very good Villanova team. Xavier was a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament that year. In 2015-16 Iowa beat Wichita State after losing first 2 games in one of those Thanksgiving tourneys. WSU ended up being an NCAA tourney team.

In 2014-15, Iowa did win at North Carolina in the Big 10/ACC challenge. Probably the best non-conference win of the McCaffery era at Iowa. That game was played on Dec. 3. But yes, to your point it would be unusual for Iowa to win a game against an opponent of this caliber at this point in the season.

Wasnt WSU missing some key guys that game? I want to say Fred Van Fleet didnt play.

Edit, yes WSU was missing 2 guys in Van Fleet and Anton Grady.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400854243

I agree and also think there’s a good chance that Garza/Kriener get Bol into foul trouble.

Fran should have enough bodies to run into Bol so I like our match up from that perspective, just have to attack him early to get him in foul trouble. I would like to see Connor get ample time early so there is someone in the game that can feed the post with good passes, can't get Bol in foul trouble if we can't feed the post.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I hope we don’t see “timid” Iowa this Thursday.

I want them to play as if they belong on the same court as O and ‘Cuse.

As the other person in this "wager" I request that Jerry still continue to post here.

My initial post regarding taking his wager was obviously not a serious one as I knew he was confused on what game was being discussed. His hateful and mean words later are something I can deal with over time, as eventually the pain will heal.

As the other person in this "wager" I request that Jerry still continue to post here.

My initial post regarding taking his wager was obviously not a serious one as I knew he was confused on what game was being discussed. His hateful and mean words later are something I can deal with over time, as eventually the pain will heal.

You sir have the biggest heart I have ever seen on this board...god bless you.

Is an alien capable of mea culpa?

Ancient astronaut theorists say yes.

Reactions: rondy

lol

Haha I can’t *wait* for Legend12 to be no more!

You all can thank me later.

Iowa has only gone OVER the 190 line 3 times in the last 2 years: just once last year, in OT vs Illinois (we won). The year prior, the first time vs Savannah State when we won and scored 116. Then the only loss vs Memphis when Jok scored 42.

It’s such an idiotic bet by Legend - Iowa might get beat and might possibly get beat by a lot - but unless this game goes to multiple OTs or both teams are shooting lights out from 3, the chances of me losing this bet is virtually nil
You literally already lost the bet

Early in the year should be to Iowa's advantage, since most of Oregon's best players are either out or true freshmen. Oregon could be a scary team to play later in the season. Iowa needs to minimize unforced turnovers, win on the boards, and play physical, especially with Bol Bol. Luka and Kriener need to use their fouls effectively. Is Fran allowed to shove Cook and Moss around a little to wake them up before the game?

Reactions: iabcuda

To quote the infamous Charlie Brown, "Oh Good Grief!"

If Bol Bol has more than 3 dunks and Wooten has more than 3 blocks we lose.

If Cook Cook has more than 3 dunks and Wieskamp has more than 3 threes we win.

Truthfully, it’s a necessity for Cook and Joe to have good games for us, whereas if Bol and Wooten get it going, we are in even more trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT