ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Trader de-committing

Not directly - but any savvy coach is gonna release a player. Why keep someone on the roster, using a scholly, when you know they don't want to be there and will just transfer at the earliest opportunity with impunity? You could be a dick I guess, but then you look bad to future recruits..

They may not be able to "transfer" after signing an LOI, but the ability to have a free transfer as soon as they set foot on campus makes the net effect the same as if they could.
You make absolutely valid points....would just be nice if there was some consequences/responsibility for a kid who does that.

He liked a lot of tweets so who knows. I think you have to have more stars or offers to be expecting any real NIL $$. Neb had offered him so maybe there was NIL from there. Neb could be an interesting school in regards to NIL.
Well, they've definitely spent quite a bit of money already this offseason through the transfer portal.....

Enough to trick some into thinking they're now the favorites in the West.

Reactions: Hans81
Kid never even got here. BFD if he never does.
Now just bottle that attitude and apply it to ALL recruits everywhere and make sure everyone else around the country does it too.............. :D

Rv6Ibl.gif

With this NIL crap and everything else, I’m quickly losing my love of Iowa and college sports in general. It’s a sad mess and will only get worse.
I agree. I gave up on ML baseball many years ago because of all the movement in rosters.

There needs to be some facsimile of the NBA development league for football. Let kids that want to take the traditional route play for a scholarship and let the ones who have no interest in an education play for pay.
I generally agree, but there is so much booster money out there that some current college players are making more than the pros. There are a few QBs with larger NIL deals than what Jalen Hurts made last year in the NFL as a starter.

With the decades of NCAA incompetence and general corruption in the game, I don't see how this gets any better aside from whole conferences breaking off and down- leveling themselves. The SEC has been paying players for years. Why would they agree to constraints now that it's above the table?

I generally agree, but there is so much booster money out there that some current college players are making more than the pros. There are a few QBs with larger NIL deals than what Jalen Hurts made last year in the NFL as a starter.

With the decades of NCAA incompetence and general corruption in the game, I don't see how this gets any better aside from whole conferences breaking off and down- leveling themselves. The SEC has been paying players for years. Why would they agree to constraints now that it's above the table?
Because they want to pay above and under the table....

It's gonna be funny to see sec booster spend millions for a 7 or 8 win team. Esecpn gonna get more out of their money than the boosters lmao

Dude has like 4 offers? Doubt this is a big nil issue...
I took it as in general. This is now Pro sports and the usual suspects now can Skirt the rules and buy players.

Players who were under recruited will now bounce after good year to contenders filling holes. Yawn, repeat rinse.

Yes you’ll have your few that stick for loyalty but this NIL game and how it will be played is not something Iowa is fit to donor wise be big players, IMO.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
Who cares?
Ummm are you clueless?

How about the time, money, and energy to get this kid? Now 100% wasted.

Now they are in need of a replacement that requires additional time, money, and energy.

Don't be so dense.

Lastly, everything about it stinks. College football is broken, and needs fixed asap.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
I took it as in general. This is now Pro sports and the usual suspects now can Skirt the rules and buy players.

Players who were under recruited will now bounce after good year to contenders filling holes. Yawn, repeat rinse.

Yes you’ll have your few that stick for loyalty but this NIL game and how it will be played is not something Iowa is fit to donor wise be big players, IMO.
Agreed, that's why we're screwed if barta and kf don't get with the times...
Nil has nothing to do with this kid though

I don't think this has anything to do with NIL, most likely didn't have the grades to get in and both the team and him were willing to go in different directions.

Ummm are you clueless?

How about the time, money, and energy to get this kid? Now 100% wasted.

Now they are in need of a replacement that requires additional time, money, and energy.

Don't be so dense.

Lastly, everything about it stinks. College football is broken, and needs fixed asap.
Deal with it, how the world works now.

Should not release him....he should find out the facts of life that a commitment and signed contract is not just a whim to change whenever the mood or some misplaced inducement is made.

Take his "decommitted" arse to the portal and move on to whereever he thinks $ and fame awaits (which it doesn't for those that don't work for it).

Should not release him....he should find out the facts of life that a commitment and signed contract is not just a whim to change whenever the mood or some misplaced inducement is made.

Take his "decommitted" arse to the portal and move on to whereever he thinks $ and fame awaits (which it doesn't for those that don't work for it).
Except you're tying up a scholly.

That's a good look to recruits lol
Btw dude isn't getting paid....

Are you sure about that? It seems, Iowa has no problem raising money from donors. On top of that, Iowa has some of the highest priced average ticket prices in the country. The money is there if they want to go that route.

Are you sure about that? It seems, Iowa has no problem raising money from donors. On top of that, Iowa has some of the highest priced average ticket prices in the country. The money is there if they want to go that route.
How much has Nebraska spent to upgrade so far with NIL?

Is Iowa ready to be that and pay players to come/pay to fill holes.

I know those are two completely different circumstances but the trend seems to be if your a good player you’re expecting money as part of the recruitment/scholarship before even getting on campus.

The top teams will spend big money/bidding wars On maybes, I’m just not that into it and I’ll end up moving in like I have with the Pro game.

I just do not see Iowa being “big” players in this new reality or where the “big” money is

With this NIL crap and everything else, I’m quickly losing my love of Iowa and college sports in general. It’s a sad mess and will only get worse.

Yeah. It sucks. Even worse for Iowa where NIL deals are limited to agricultural products and farm implements. The world-famous Iowa writing program isn't attracting speedy WRs and DTs like is used to.

Unless its as others have suggested that there are grade or other issues and its Iowa's decision for him to move on as much as his...

Yeah. It sucks. Even worse for Iowa where NIL deals are limited to agricultural products and farm implements. The world-famous Iowa writing program isn't attracting speedy WRs and DTs like is used to.
Aren’t you a Northwestern fan? How’s the NIL world look like from a mildcat perspective?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT