ADVERTISEMENT

OSU technical fouls

Caitlin was on the floor with the ball, Jacy was behind her trying to tie her up and her arms were clearly pushing down on CC's neck. CC reacted by trying to get her off her and pushed her. What Sheldon did by rule should have been called a foul but the refs failed to call it.
And they even looked at it.
I said if anyone did, her behavior with Sheldon on the loose ball towards the end was more egregious than the techs called on OSU. Again, this is just my opinion.
How? When Sheldon shove CC in the back of the head.

CC is a target. Her greatness makes her a target for other players to want to go at her, want to get under her skin, want to try getting her rattled. Sheldon was all over her head/neck from behind going for the ball, CC responded with some spitfire, good for her, she knows she's a target for other players who want to try making a name for themselves. Sheldon was kind of laughing right after it happened, she knew. Good for them, they'll have a great story for their grandkids one day about how they got under the skin of the GOAT.

That’s the big difference. I don’t wear blinders. The techs on OSU were weak at best. Agree to disagree.
Someone else posted (can't find it now) that McMahon's tech was not for the shove but rather for what she said to Stuelke. Likewise, Davis's tech was for what she said afterwards to the referee. Believe whatever you want.

Reactions: herkhatescy
Someone else posted (can't find it now) that McMahon's tech was not for the shove but rather for what she said to Stuelke. Likewise, Davis's tech was for what she said afterwards to the referee. Believe whatever you want.
Read the thread dude. I already referenced that.

I still remember sitting behind the visiting team’s bench during an early season game in the Alford era. The game was not going well for the visitors (early season non-conference game). The ref was standing in front of their bench and suddenly blew his whistle, pointed down to the end of the bench and called a T. Their coach went ballistic. The ref went over to the coach, pointed to a player near the end of the bench and said: “Ask him!” The coach walked down to player and had a short conversation and threw his hands up in frustration. The game turned into a blowout and that player was the only one that did not play.

So yes—-what is said does matter.
I was an assistant referee recently for a quarterfinal girls high school state soccer championship. The match had been hard fought and there were the usual complaints from players and coaches but nothing extraordinary. Suddenly on a foul restart the referee pulled out a red card and ejected a tall player, a center defender. She left the pitch crying “What did I do?! What did I do?” She was inconsolable on her team’s bench.

Unfortunately we didn’t have a ref comm system for this game so I had to wait til the end to ask the referee what happened. “She said ‘Who’s paying you?’”

As referees we can take criticism — we expect it. It’s part of the game. But never, ever question our integrity. A soccer player spent the last 10 minutes of her high school playing career — maybe more — crying on her team’s bench. All over three little words.

Yeah, what is said matters.

If you have the chance to re-watch the game, notice the interactions between Caitlin and Jacy Sheldon. They were in each other's faces all game long. Neither one ever backed down. It was a war out there.

After the bully ball that the Buckeyes were allowed to play in our first matchup, I was grateful that the officials kept a fairly tight rein on things yesterday.

I was an assistant referee recently for a quarterfinal girls high school state soccer championship. The match had been hard fought and there were the usual complaints from players and coaches but nothing extraordinary. Suddenly on a foul restart the referee pulled out a red card and ejected a tall player, a center defender. She left the pitch crying “What did I do?! What did I do?” She was inconsolable on her team’s bench.

Unfortunately we didn’t have a ref comm system for this game so I had to wait til the end to ask the referee what happened. “She said ‘Who’s paying you?’”

As referees we can take criticism — we expect it. It’s part of the game. But never, ever question our integrity. A soccer player spent the last 10 minutes of her high school playing career — maybe more — crying on her team’s bench. All over three little words.

That's kinda petty. Refs gotta have thicker skin than that. A warning would have been sufficient.

That's not how they described the rule for Freeman. You slam the ball for any reason you get a T. No subjectivity. And I do agree CC needs to tone it down. Every time she goes to the basket she's complaining. Not every time is there a foul.
If you want to apply that standard then watch how much she gets fouled on and off the ball where nothing is called. She is brutalized every single night she plays.

What a shitty ref. This entire story about not questioning integrity and his actions absolutely has me questioning his integrity. A yellow and talk off to the side would have been sufficient. Or just the talk off to the side

How many bullshit calls did he make before she said that? I have watched enough high school soccer officials preen around the pitch and make absolutely bulkshit calls to know they often get it wrong and then double down with cards to control a game. Because they suck as officials. Many hold petty grudges and brag to each other about who they carded in which games

This official needs to not be an official if he is sending a girl off in a state level game

Reactions: herkhatescy
After watching the game after I got home from the game. When Kate Martin went down she got a backhand to the crotch area. Nothing called and not even looked at for a flagrant.

Reactions: F5n5
If you want to apply that standard then watch how much she gets fouled on and off the ball where nothing is called. She is brutalized every single night she plays.
Apply what standard? Yes - she gets mugged a lot. But that doesn't mean every time she goes to the basket it's a foul. However, your comment here is regarding a judgement call, which generally all fouls called are. Right or wrong. If you are referring to slamming the ball, that is NOT a judgement call any more. It's a F'n rule to take subjectivity out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT