ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sycracuse sanctions help Tom Crean's recruiting of Thomas Bryant

Jun 7, 2009
Iowa
How does that a$$whole (Crean) continue to recruit like he is an SEC football coach? He is already two scholarships over budget for next year. He has Thomas Bryant from Hunting Prep coming in for an official visit. The visit is okay but where are the scholarship spots. Yogi Ferrell is not NBA ready or least not first round material and Troy Williams was not that impressive. I cannot see Blackmon leaving for the pros just yet but he was their best talent. Blackmon should be a top B1G pick next year.

I really dislike Tom Crean and his unprofessionalism (d-bag) as a coach and a person. He must fit into the Harbaugh family real well.
rolleye0008.r191677.gif

I am glad Syracuse in getting more than a simple slap on the wrist. Vacating wins does nothing because the players on those teams that won during the infraction periods got their tournament experience, conference titles, and NBA contracts. Syracuse got its reputation enhanced and made bank from TV rights, sponsorships, donations and ticket sales. I am glad that Syracuse will lose 3 scholarships over 4 years, but it will still allow enough room to be competitive since only about 9 guys really play and Syracuse can get NYC BB talent to walk-on there.

Boeheim may finally retire and Shaka Smart may finally take over this blue-blood program.

I cannot wait to see what the NCAA does to North Carolina basketball (and Ol' Roy Williams) which seems like a bigger violator of the scholarship rules.

Creaning has gotten Crean exactly where he's at. You'd think he'd learn but I don't think he can develop players so he's got to recruit them. As for Roy Williams, didn't that stuff happen even before he got there? But yes, the sanctions against N.C. should be much worse than they gave Syracuse.

Not to mention Crean is already over the limit by 2. Assuming Williams and Yogi go pro, he must be expecting Blackmon to go too. Otherwise one of the current players is losing their spot if Bryant came along.

As I posted in a diff. thread; I live in Indy and have a buddy who's a Peegs premium member. He texted me around lunch that Crean is resigning for another gig at the end of the season.

Not happy in Bloomington for some crazy reason....

Originally posted by goodbyebobby:
As I posted in a diff. thread; I live in Indy and have a buddy who's a Peegs premium member. He texted me around lunch that Crean is resigning for another gig at the end of the season.

Getting booed on your own floor will do that to you I guess

That's an Alford/McDermott get out ahead of the posse move as much as anything, if true.

I''ll have to see it to believe it. With his buyout this year, I think next year is the year to get out ahead of the posse.

Originally posted by seer_hawk:

I''ll have to see it to believe it. With his buyout this year, I think next year is the year to get out ahead of the posse.
I agree seer. Have to see it before I celebrate/mourn (I will miss his coaching but it seemed like he liked to get our recruits quite a bit.)

One possible scenario I suppose. He has something he can take this year...and Indiana has effectively negotiated a smaller lump sum buyout to help him with moving expenses? This way he gets to save face?

I don't know, but I said last fall that Anunoby would never play a game for Crean so something has to give.

Re: OT: Sycracuse sanctions help Tom Crean's recruiting of Thomas Bry

Originally posted by jaffarosenfels:
Williams is expected to be a mid 1st rounder.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Williams may have been a mid first rounder prior to the cbb season but his tock on most recent quality mock drafts say TW is a mid second rounder at best. He might be a free agent. SF prospects are plentiful this year in the NBA draft.

As for Yogi Ferrell. He is not a better PG prospect than Tyus Jones, Marcus Paige, Jerani Grant, Emmanuel Mudiay, Kris Dunn (Providence). Delon Wright or D'Angelo Russell (PG/SG). I think Paige returns to UNC unless their NCAA penalty affects tournament status. Ferrell is under 6'0" and benefitted greatly at IU with the NBA talent on his teams his first two years. Ferrell is a definite late second rounder if he goes.

Crean deserves all the booing he gets.
gl7vxY6.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT