ADVERTISEMENT

OT---THT Declares for Draft

Interesting progression, you have gone from zero knowledge of any punishment to knowing the time line. Impressive. Still would take missing a game or two over 5 weeks suspended.

I never stated I had zero knowledge of any punishment.

And no player in their right mind would sacrifice games for some summer workouts.

I never stated I had zero knowledge of any punishment.

And no player in their right mind would sacrifice games for some summer workouts.

Still standing on that? Summer workouts are the least of what he would miss. Get on your D1 P5 connections and see what is missed out on during a 5+ week suspension

“No, I don't. As far as I know there was no punishment handed down from Fran.“

“Pete gets a DUI and gets no punishment from Fran. If that happened to ISU would you and BBHawk be ok with it, or would you expect additional penalties from the coach/progran?“

“I find it funny how Jok gets a DUI and has no punishment from Fran or the basketball program and you seem to have to no problem with that“

Still standing on that? Summer workouts are the least of what he would miss. Get on your D1 P5 connections and see what is missed out on during a 5+ week suspension

I know what he missed....some workouts.
Was still allowed to lift at CHA.
Was still allowed to workout at CHA.
Was still allowed to play pickup at CHA.
Still had access to training table.

What he wasn't allowed to do was participate in the limited group workouts he would have been eligible to participate in.

I know what he missed....some workouts.
Was still allowed to lift at CHA.
Was still allowed to workout at CHA.
Was still allowed to play pickup at CHA.
Still had access to training table.

What he wasn't allowed to do was participate in the limited group workouts he would have been eligible to participate in.

Wait, as far as you knew there was no punishment handed down. Did I misquote you? Now you have all of the details as well? Wow, that was a quick transformation. I was told CHA and training table were off limits at that time.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Wait, as far as you knew there was no punishment handed down. Did I misquote you? Now you have all of the details as well? Wow, that was a quick transformation. I was told CHA and training table were off limits at that time.

I know of no punishments that were handed down for the DUI. Fran said at the time he was leaving it up the student-athlete code of conduct.

I know of no punishments that were handed down for the DUI. Fran said at the time he was leaving it up the student-athlete code of conduct.

So if there were no DUI the punishment would have been the same? Difficult to believe.

I mean I realize I’m just pulling this opinion out of my ass. There’s no history of ISU taking on players with troubled pasts and criminal records, miraculously rehabilitating them for a couple years while they in Ames, only to have them relapse after leaving the program.

Who fits this profile?

Sure it is. If only they weren’t reviewing the football thief tapes he might have gotten away with it. Why did the police bypass the calling the coach route they employed previously?
Well, I am guessing the kid is/was 18 years old so he is considered an adult......just a thought

Well, I am guessing the kid is/was 18 years old so he is considered an adult......just a thought

Hmmm but the 22 year olds where they would call the coach weren't considered adults? Keep working on that thought process, you may get closer to having a clue status with some work.

The fine for the theft was $65. Every speeding ticket in Iowa the fine is higher than that.

Incorrect fine itself for most speeding is under $65. But you add in court cost (which is $60), surcharge and county fees is what makes it so high anymore. Fine is itself is usually less than 50% of what is actually paid. If he pleaded guilty would have to pay these additional fees on top of the $65. But in grand scheme they are similar fines not too expensive.

Speeding won’t prevent you from getting hired from many jobs. Fifth agree theft will.
Sort of true. Clean driving records are key for many different jobs. You need a license for many jobs. Speeding can affect that. For example, if I read the court records correctly, Iowa walk on Nicolas Hobbs got a speeding ticket early last year and opted to not pay the fine. That resulted in him losing his license. Then, in December, he was again caught speeding and had no valid license so between the two speeding tickets and citation for no license, he racked up over $700 in fines which he did not pay until this month, so he , presumably, was driving for almost a year without a license. So speeding can affect your ability to have many jobs and it also can put other people's lives in danger which is why it carries a larger fine than fifth degree theft.

Both are poor decisions, but neither is the huge deal some here seem to believe.

Sort of true. Clean driving records are key for many different jobs. You need a license for many jobs. Speeding can affect that. For example, if I read the court records correctly, Iowa walk on Nicolas Hobbs got a speeding ticket early last year and opted to not pay the fine. That resulted in him losing his license. Then, in December, he was again caught speeding and had no valid license so between the two speeding tickets and citation for no license, he racked up over $700 in fines which he did not pay until this month, so he , presumably, was driving for almost a year without a license. So speeding can affect your ability to have many jobs and it also can put other people's lives in danger which is why it carries a larger fine than fifth degree theft.

Both are poor decisions, but neither is the huge deal some here seem to believe.

Speeding gets you the nickname 'LeadFoot'.

Theft gets you 'Klepto'.

giphy.gif

A speeding ticket is not the same as a theft charge in the employment world.

Stuff like this seriously pisses me off. You either have journalists who refuse to cover negative news, or a combination of law-enforcement iand administration keeping things quiet.

Randy P. has had more than one article about THT and seems to be of the opinion that the amount of the theft means it is just about nothing to worry about.

randy

This post is so dumb that I have to copy it & send it to everybody!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT