ADVERTISEMENT

OT---THT Declares for Draft

You are ignoring what I am saying. Kids mess up. It is how the school and coaches react to it that I am questioning. Iowa brings it out in the open and handles it publicly, whereas IA State has tried to hide it. All of the incidents with Hoiberg and the cops in the past, now the same is happening with the current staff. CLEARLY a difference here, and I am not just talking about the "$15" theft charge. There have been many other things that have gone on at IA State that illustrate this.
I know nothing of how Fred Hoiberg handled "incidents." It seems to me that Prohm is not shy about suspending players nor forcing them to transfer, i.e. Cam Lard.

I can't find Pierces stats for the 2002-2003 season. Any help?
What is your point? That Pierce was suspended? I acknowledge that Iowa dealt with the Pierce rape case in a swift and appropriate manner. Coach Alford "vigorously defended his accused player." In fact it still dogs Alford during every new job interview. Of course, these fine institutions of higher learning still hired the "scumbag" anyway.

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/co...e-case-assault-apology-hired-reno/3447005002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ford-sexual-assault-pierce-iowa-2002/2074995/

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03/31/bernstein-ucla-hired-a-scumbag/

You don’t feel like Criminal incidents involving public university student athletes is newsworthy material?

I don't think it needs to be, no.

In other news....Horton-Tucker was just on ESPN2 where he was interviewed and he said people should know he is a good kid who stays out of trouble. That's a bold move. lol

I don't think it needs to be, no.

In other news....Horton-Tucker was just on ESPN2 where he was interviewed and he said people should know he is a good kid who stays out of trouble. That's a bold move. lol

Well that horse left the barn about 50 years ago. In my opinion it is a poor practice to not be consistent across the two major universities in the state.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
What is your point? That Pierce was suspended? I acknowledge that Iowa dealt with the Pierce rape case in a swift and appropriate manner. Coach Alford "vigorously defended his accused player." In fact it still dogs Alford during every new job interview. Of course, these fine institutions of higher learning still hired the "scumbag" anyway.

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/co...e-case-assault-apology-hired-reno/3447005002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ford-sexual-assault-pierce-iowa-2002/2074995/

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03/31/bernstein-ucla-hired-a-scumbag/

I believe you got the point. Different approaches to discipline. Pierce actually shows a difference in approach.

No, I don't. As far as I know there was no punishment handed down from Fran.

Then you didn’t pay attention when it occurred and when it was brought up recently. He was suspended from all team activities for the summer. Talk to your friends on sports teams at P5 schools. I would take missing a couple of games rather than that.

Then you didn’t pay attention when it occurred and when it was brought up recently. He was suspended from all team activities for the summer. Talk to your friends on sports teams at P5 schools. I would take missing a couple of games rather than that.

That happened after his second arrest.

I wasn’t a big fan of the decision at the time, but the incident was addressed by Fran at the time and not swept under the rug.

There is a pretty big difference between not imposing additional punishment and ignoring the incident completely.

That said, maybe the staff didn’t know, at which point I would question the decision making of LE
We know the timeline from the online court records. Wal Mart brought this to the attention of the Ames PD in February, charges were filled this week. What we have no clue of is what caused the delay. You seem to believe it is the Ames PD trying cover for ISU. That could very well be the case, but it could also easily be that a $15 theft investigation may just take back seat to other police work that is more pressing and this is how long it takes to follow it up. It could also be it took this long to ID the people on the tape. I mean, I get that these are well known athletes, but without seeing the video we have no idea how easy it was to tell who they were. Seems highly speculative of you to assume that the law enforcement is somehow being negligent without know what actually happened. But I do not doubt you believe what you say that this is a conspiracy with no possible reasonable explanations for a delay.

Would be funny to see him on the Rockets so him, Eric Gordon, & PJ Tucker can all run around looking like the same person.

Yeah yeah I know none of you people like real basketball & watch the Association so that reference will fall on deaf ears.

Who are the Rockets? Are they joining the B1G ?

We know the timeline from the online court records. Wal Mart brought this to the attention of the Ames PD in February, charges were filled this week. What we have no clue of is what caused the delay. You seem to believe it is the Ames PD trying cover for ISU. That could very well be the case, but it could also easily be that a $15 theft investigation may just take back seat to other police work that is more pressing and this is how long it takes to follow it up. It could also be it took this long to ID the people on the tape. I mean, I get that these are well known athletes, but without seeing the video we have no idea how easy it was to tell who they were. Seems highly speculative of you to assume that the law enforcement is somehow being negligent without know what actually happened. But I do not doubt you believe what you say that this is a conspiracy with no possible reasonable explanations for a delay.

I seem like I think the Ames PD is covering for ISU?

Sorry.

I was trying to be more definitive than that.

I seem like I think the Ames PD is covering for ISU?

Sorry.

I was trying to be more definitive than that.
So basically then you admit you have no clue why charges were delayed, you just want to assume it was to aid ISU. If that was the case, they would have waited another month or two until after the draft to help THT with the draft or they could have done it the day after the ISU season ended or even a week after, but waiting over a full month leads me to believe there is likely another reason involved.

So basically then you admit you have no clue why charges were delayed, you just want to assume it was to aid ISU. If that was the case, they would have waited another month or two until after the draft to help THT with the draft or they could have done it the day after the ISU season ended or even a week after, but waiting over a full month leads me to believe there is likely another reason involved.

Maybe there was. An explanation would have been helpful if that’s the case, or any sort of comment by ISU.

I mean I realize I’m just pulling this opinion out of my ass. There’s no history of ISU taking on players with troubled pasts and criminal records, miraculously rehabilitating them for a couple years while they in Ames, only to have them relapse after leaving the program.

Maybe there was. An explanation would have been helpful if that’s the case, or any sort of comment by ISU..
If the police or ISU came out and said it took two months to definitively ID the people on the tape, you would have not have believed them. If they had said that that is just how long it takes to get around to a petty theft case, you would not have believed that either. Not really sure what any sort of explanation would have helped as at the end of the day, the police did their job and justice was served and after it was, the media reported it.

If the police or ISU came out and said it took two months to definitively ID the people on the tape, you would have not have believed them. If they had said that that is just how long it takes to get around to a petty theft case, you would not have believed that either. Not really sure what any sort of explanation would have helped as at the end of the day, the police did their job and justice was served and after it was, the media reported it.

That’s because there is zero precedent for that happening, and the fact that they are public figures makes that scenario completely implausible.

Reactions: BBHawk
That’s because there is zero precedent for that happening, and the fact that they are public figures makes that scenario completely implausible.
As I said, even if there was a legit reason, you would never believe it anyhow. And I am certainly not pretending to know there for sure was a legit reason, but it is comical that you are certain there could not be and pretend to know that there is zero precedent for it happening in cases in Ames in general.

As I said, even if there was a legit reason, you would never believe it anyhow. And I am certainly not pretending to know there for sure was a legit reason, but it is comical that you are certain there could not be and pretend to know that there is zero precedent for it happening in cases in Ames in general.
Gawd are you gullible...or stupid...

You don’t feel like Criminal incidents involving public university student athletes is newsworthy material?
What constitutes newsworthy? THT's total court cost was $163.68 including the restitution to Wal Mart. Luka Garza, Cordell Pemsl and Connor McCaffery each paid $114 for a speeding ticket. Is the cut off for newsworthy at $150? The fines were all a result of breaking a law. Why is one news while the others are not?

Gawd are you gullible...or stupid...
Stupid is acting like a criminal offense that results in a $163 fine is some great cover up conspiracy. Even if this had come out in season, do you really think this would have or should have resulted in some huge punishment for THT?

What constitutes newsworthy? THT's total court cost was $163.68 including the restitution to Wal Mart. Luka Garza, Cordell Pemsl and Connor McCaffery each paid $114 for a speeding ticket. Is the cut off for newsworthy at $150? The fines were all a result of breaking a law. Why is one news while the others are not?

Stupid is acting like a criminal offense that results in a $163 fine is some great cover up conspiracy. Even if this had come out in season, do you really think this would have or should have resulted in some huge punishment for THT?
Now you're making shit up. GFY

Dude, it was theft. Quit acting like it’s the same as speeding. He could have been arrested on the spot, and he won’t be to hold certain jobs going forward. It shows poor character, and he said himself it could be a negative in the eyes of teams.

That said, the dollar amount is irrelevant- the fact that this case magically sat undisturbed during the most important part of the basketball season is a big red flag to me and many others.

Dude, it was theft. Quit acting like it’s the same as speeding. He could have been arrested on the spot, and he won’t be to hold certain jobs going forward. It shows poor character, and he said himself it could be a negative in the eyes of teams.

That said, the dollar amount is irrelevant- the fact that this case magically sat undisturbed during the most important part of the basketball season is a big red flag to me and many others.

So now that you are claiming to have knowledge of the steps taken during the investigation and when, would you care to share them with the board?

It wasn't all summer...it was about 5 weeks, from the time the incident happened until the first day of classes.

You sure of that, chief?

Yes. McCaffery was interviewed after the initial arrest and stated that he was not going to suspend Jok and instead was leaving punishment up to the student-athlete code of conduct (which I believe required some community service).

It wasn't until after the 2nd arrest that Jok was suspended from team activities.

You're trying way too hard here trying to equate speeding violations with theft because the fines are in the same neighborhood. Could THT pay his fine online and not have to go to court?

It is a bit peculiar that a petty theft charge took 2-3 months to get through the court system. I can assure you that it wasn't because Story County was backlogged with higher profile cases.

All that being said, it's not a big sticking point for me. If he had been charged in late February/early March, he probably misses one game. Not exactly a season-altering ordeal.

It was caught at a much later date during routine review of security tapes. It was through self checkout lanes. It was a foolish choice by the young man and could impact where he goes in the draft, but that is doubtful considering his age and physical attributes.

It was caught at a much later date during routine review of security tapes. It was through self checkout lanes. It was a foolish choice by the young man and could impact where he goes in the draft, but that is doubtful considering his age and physical attributes.

It sure affected Jameis Winston ... :)

ar-150509984.jpg

February 3 was the incident. February 18th the police were contacted. It’s in the article.

It wasn't all summer...it was about 5 weeks, from the time the incident happened until the first day of classes.

Interesting progression, you have gone from zero knowledge of any punishment to knowing the time line. Impressive. Still would take missing a game or two over 5 weeks suspended.

Not a smart choice by the kid

Not walking back your
“It was caught at a much later date during routine review of security tapes”
Comment?

Did you also misread the article that was headlined by the football thief where it indicated that the basketball thief was identified due to the review of the football thief? Or is the review of stealing routine in your world? You have lost a little blister on the subject.

Not walking back your
“It was caught at a much later date during routine review of security tapes”
Comment?

Did you also misread the article that was headlined by the football thief where it indicated that the basketball thief was identified due to the review of the football thief? Or is the review of stealing routine in your world? You have lost a little blister on the subject.
15 days is a much later date as far as I am concerned.

15 days is a much later date as far as I am concerned.

Sure it is. If only they weren’t reviewing the football thief tapes he might have gotten away with it. Why did the police bypass the calling the coach route they employed previously?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT