ADVERTISEMENT

OTT Session 3

From intermatwrestle: Gilman gets on the board first after a shot-clock violation. Late in the first period, Lee takes the lead after running Gilman out of bounds with an elevated single leg. Lee breaks the match open in the second with a takedown followed by an arm-bar tilt for exposure. He leads 5-1 in the final minute. Gilman gets to a single of his own, elevates Lee for a takedown - two points were given; however Gilman's corner has challenged. The call is confirmed. Lee gets a point and leads 6-3. Spencer Lee will take match one by that score!

Spencer Lee 6-3! One more to go! I was afraid he was going to lose the challenge from Gilman on the 4 point move. When Gilman lifted Lee off his feet was Lee’s back exposed outside the cylinder?

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
first match thoughts:

gilman might be the only guy in the world as strong as spencer. moved him significantly with his hands and spencer was pretty worn down late. review might have saved him.

the left leg lead of gilman keeps spencer off his best attack. he’ll need to get things done with his single.

good start. really need to get it done in match 2. gilman in a third match on full feed is scary.

He definitely got horsed around the mat but still able to keep position. Really really want his conditioning improved.

Beautiful scoring sequence by Lee. He got a little sloppy late and nearly gave up a 4 point feet to back but video confirmed TD only.

Barely able to breathe the entire match here...too stressful!!!
What a match up! So good. But think gilman got ****ed. Started in bounds and still inbounds when landed. Man are they close to each other. Coupd watch those two all day

Reactions: el dub
Wrestled plenty but played baseball (among other things) in the summer. So, admittedly I’m no freestyle expert. It would seem, to avoid giving up step out, it’s common for wrestlers to flatten their toes, so they simply get pushed OB for a restart. Don’t really care for it. Am I off base here?

first match thoughts:

gilman might be the only guy in the world as strong as spencer. moved him significantly with his hands and spencer was pretty worn down late. review might have saved him.

the left leg lead of gilman keeps spencer off his best attack. he’ll need to get things done with his single.

good start. really need to get it done in match 2. gilman in a third match on full feed is scary.
His single to what would be Gilmans lead leg used to be much better. Haven't seen the same pop on it since his surgeries though. Hoping he progresses match over match with his attacks similar to yesterday

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
So when does Lee wrestle again? Do OTT go through the whole rotation/matches, and then start at the top again?

Wrestled plenty but played baseball (among other things) in the summer. So, admittedly I’m no freestyle expert. It would seem, to avoid giving up step out, it’s common for wrestlers to flatten their toes, so they simply get pushed OB for a restart. Don’t really care for it. Am I off base here?
Yep, if you get pushed out and are grounded, both knees down, no push out point. It may be more technical than this?

Yes, you're seeing it a lot more, especially late in matches to protect a lead. Play the edge and then ground yourself before a pushout can occur. In folkstyle we refer to it as stalling.

Awesome win by Lee. Watching it live i was worried that late takedown was 4. The announcers might have put that in my brain. The replay looks close but i might not understand the nuances on the 4 point takedown. Lee has to wrestle smarter there.

His single to what would be Gilmans lead leg used to be much better. Haven't seen the same pop on it since his surgeries though. Hoping he progresses match over match with his attacks similar to yesterday
I was pleased with it. Gilman is stingy and he found a way to get the score and combination. The high crotch/firemans isn't going to be available against Gilman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT