ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch! A pretty harsh fact check if Hillary's presser...line by line.

YellowSnow51

HR King
Aug 14, 2002
Looking back, it would've been better if I'd simply used a second email account and carried a second phone, but at the time, this didn't seem like an issue.

Second, the vast majority [Define "vast majority" and please characterize the exceptions specifically] of my work emails [Define "work emails," what standard you used in making that determination, and, most importantly, what outside, disinterested parties, if any, oversaw the process. Quick clarification: Would emails from foreign governments regarding Clinton foundation donations be considered work or personal?] went to government employees at their government addresses, which meant they were captured and preserved immediately on the system at the State Department. [Are you suggesting journalists and oversight committees investigating your work file Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for literally every government employee employed during your tenure if they seek information about your email correspondence? Further we already know your most trusted work colleague exclusively used a non-governmental address you provided from your private server. Can you identify how many of your senior advisors communicated with you exclusively via your private email system?]CLINTON: There are four things I want the public to know.

First, when I got to work as secretary of state, I opted for convenience to use my personal email account [Technically you registered the domain for this personal email account on the first day of your confirmation hearings, right? That's what the Washington Post reported. Maybe add a note explaining you set this email up only days before you started your government job. Also, you were unable to set up two email accounts on the same phone, but installed a remotely accessible server because it was more convenient? You're going to need to explain that better.], which was allowed by the State Department [No it wasn't. And are you appealing to the State department, which later made quite clear its opposition to your practice, to avoid acknowledging that it conflicted at the time with specific guidance from the Obama administration and Federal record-keeping laws?], because I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two [Last week you told a crowd in Santa Clara -- on video -- that you carried both an iPhone and a Blackberry. Please clarify.].

Third, after I left office, the State Department asked former secretaries of state for our assistance in providing copies of work- related emails from our personal accounts. I responded right away and provided all my emails that could possibly be work-related [Analysts suggest that a thorough review and division of your work and alleged private email would take months if not years. How were you able to respond so quickly?], which totalled roughly 55,000 printed pages [Are you saying you literally printed out pages thereby making them exceedingly difficult and time-consuming to search?], even though I knew that the State Department already had the vast majority of them [again, are you literally saying they "had" them in the sense that your emails occasionally went to people with State emails?]. We went through a thorough process to identify all of my work- related emails and deliver them to the State Department [Who is 'we'? Your campaign staff? Did you seek any outside counsel?]. At the end, I chose not to keep my private personal emails [Wait. I'm sorry. Are you saying that we have to trust you made the proper division and, further, that you destroyed evidence that could be used to corroborate your otherwise unsubstantiated claims? You may want to clarify if not.] - emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral arrangements [This sounds like a calculated bid for sympathy. Too much. Your mother's funeral? Also, if you really had emails about your only daughter's wedding and your mother's funeral, why on earth would you delete them?], condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes.

The rest at the link.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/11/a-line-edit-of

why can't conservatives come up with non biased sources for this kind of shinola? We all get you are in love with your ideology, but the corrupt apple has fallen from a corrupt tree with these juvenile attack links.

Re: Ouch! A pretty harsh fact check if Hillary's presser...line by l

Ok JScott is now officially a conservative posing as a liberal. Trying to make liberals look bad, which he is doing well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Thanks for the link. It reads much better there, as it has bold and colored sections that make it easier to understand.

Pretty doggone devastating.

This post was edited on 3/11 3:04 PM by dandh

Originally posted by jscott78:
why can't conservatives come up with non biased sources for this kind of shinola? We all get you are in love with your ideology, but the corrupt apple has fallen from a corrupt tree with these juvenile attack links.
Here's one from ABC.

Same points, less vitriol.

Originally posted by dandh:

Thanks for the link. It reads much better there, as it has bold and colored sections that make it easier to understand.

Pretty doggone devestating.
+1, much better at the link.

I found this bit a bit odd "Also, if you really had emails about your only daughter's wedding and your mother's funeral, why on earth would you delete them?[/B]"

Do people routinely keep old emails and peruse them like a memories scrapbook? I can't imagine wanting to keep that note where you advise your kid not to pick the satin dress or where you instruct the funeral home you want the visitation to run from 5-8 rather than 5-7pm. I agree Hill did a horrible job and all, but the opposition is getting a bit wacky about the issue IMO.

I agree that Hillary was a complete idiot for handling her emails and she may have broken a law or two. If so fine and she deserves what she gets.

Having said that, in the history of the media has anyone besides Hillary ever had a line by line fact check like this? I have read that the selectively released emails by Jeb from his personal/government email account(which by the way was not the entire trove of emails) was greeted with kudos and high fives from the media.

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:
I agree that Hillary was a complete idiot for handling her emails and she may have broken a law or two. If so fine and she deserves what she gets.

Having said that, in the history of the media has anyone besides Hillary ever had a line by line fact check like this? I have read that the selectively released emails by Jeb from his personal/government email account(which by the way was not the entire trove of emails) was greeted with kudos and high fives from the media.
I'm guessing you feel strongly that Jeb should not be President, while Hillary should though, right?

Originally posted by Pepperman:

I'm guessing you feel strongly that Jeb should not be President, while Hillary should though, right?
I don't think either should be President, but I don't think their respective email issues are what should disqualify them.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

I don't think either should be President, but I don't think their respective email issues are what should disqualify them.
I would say this. Regarding Jeb, I have no clue who he really is or what his positions even are. I don't think this country should EVER have another President named Bush or Clinton, for what it's worth. Now, turning to Hillary - lies and deceit are so imbedded in her political career, this is just one more reminder of who she is.

Originally posted by jscott78:
Why can't you, just once in your life, post something that isn't abjectly idiotic, and simply condones bald-faced lying by liberals? Better yet, why don't you provide a substantive, fact based defense of Hillary's actions here?

You are a parody of yourself.

Having said that, in the history of the media has anyone besides Hillary ever had a line by line fact check like this?
Are you freaking serious?

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Having said that, in the history of the media has anyone besides Hillary ever had a line by line fact check like this?
Are you freaking serious?
I'm afraid we know the answer to your question.

This is going to turn into a very strange and ugly situation.

The statement was made by Dowdy that they have segments of months were there is not email. We all know that it is impossible. He also says there are none from the Libya trip. That is also just impossible.

In order to get these Dowdy will have to force Clinton to turn over the server which will be blasted by the left as a fishing expedition. Dowdy did mention that it should go to a 3rd party so that it does not become a fishing expedition.

Clinton will turn this into a anti woman thing from the mean GOP men wanting to know her intimate details of her personal life. She will be able to harp on that constantly. Lost in all of this will be the lost months of emails.

This will hinge on what the media does.

You would be 100% incorrect in your statement. HRC will not get my vote should she be the nominee. My vote is for sale at this point for anyone else.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

I would say this. Regarding Jeb, I have no clue who he really is or what his positions even are. I don't think this country should EVER have another President named Bush or Clinton, for what it's worth. Now, turning to Hillary - lies and deceit are so imbedded in her political career, this is just one more reminder of who she is.
Jeb lost any claim to my vote in his handling of the Schiavo mess, at least until he admits his actions were wrong. I won't vote for Hillary either. If those are the nominees, I stay home or vote Libertarian.

the difference between Jeb and Hillary's situations are that Jeb was a Governor. Hillary was the Sec. of State.
They rules and laws don't necessarily apply the same to either in their respective jobs.

This is not a defense or condemnation of either.

I would just like to say I have ate human flesh and enjoyed it. M

Since this thread will be deleted I just wanted to confess my worst sin.

You shall not eat human flesh, that is the law!

images

I would just like to say I have ate human flesh and enjoyed it. M

Since this thread will be deleted I just wanted to confess my worst sin.

Do you have to bite and tear the flesh off to say you ate it?

Asking for a friend. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT