ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch. SB Nation article on just how bad Iowa's passing game is and has been.

Iowa has the lowest completion percentage in college football at a meager 45.9%.

Remember folks, this is with purchased WR's, a TE, and a couple QB's.

Portal was a MASSIVE fail.

This really shouldn't surprise any of us at this point.

Amusing how Kirk gets all the blame for the poor offense but none of the credit for the excellent defense. He deserves it from both sides.

Reactions: pmtdc
This line made me chuckle:

Iowa’s offensive scheme is also to blame for the Hawkeyes’ abysmal passing game. Iowa’s passing concepts are so out of touch with the rest of the sport that they almost seem intended to provoke outrage and bewilderment from fans and national commentators alike.

In the end...KF cares about winning as do I. I don't want to continue winning in spite of one area being completely mismanaged.

We will never rank high with how KF wants to play, ...I get that. Iowa just can't be THIS bad. Get us to like 50-75 range and we are a contender.

Amusing how Kirk gets all the blame for the poor offense but none of the credit for the excellent defense. He deserves it from both sides.
How much input does Kirk have in coaching the defense? Guessing not much and he lets Phil do his thing.

How much input does Kirk have in coaching the defense? Guessing not much and he lets Phil do his thing.
So you’re assuming he lets the defensive coordinator do his job but interferes with the offensive coordinator?

From the sample sizes we have seen, I am perplexed as to how they aren’t rolling with Labas as their QB. It would not fix all the woes, but at least we would have a decent athlete back there that can move.

They do not value mobility.
They do not value accurate passing ability.

They value QBs that “do what they are told.”
Which is Coachspeak is “leadership qualities”

They value QBs that “don’t make a mistake.”

When Kirk gets asked about a poor QB performance and he snaps back with “he didn’t throw any interceptions, I like that.”

Shit like that.

The crazy thing is even when the chosen “guy” plays like dogshit, it is never used a rationale to let the other guy play. They just hang in there til hell freezes over or in CJB case there is a fanbase mutiny and CJB threatens to leave.

KF is just not that smart and stubborn as hell.

Here is a stat for all the negative nellies.

5-1

All you negative posters remind me of all the whining fans in our state championship last year. Always making excuses and we just pointed to the scoreboards. HAHAAAA
With a capable offense (top 50) we’re 6-0 and highly ranked. Why do people keep pointing out the wins like it’s a ****ing badge of honor. The defense has been elite and we’ve wasted what could have been a historic Iowa football run with an archaic offensive philosophy that refuses to change, even after 5 years of evidence that it’s outdated and does not work.

Take your 5-1 and shove it. Same goes for the 50-19. With a capable offense we could have been consistently in the top ten and legitimately fighting for big ten championships instead of just getting there, through a weak big ten west schedule and getting blown the f out by better teams.

I’m over it. Idk how everyone else isn’t. It’s aggravating that people are not only okay with this but defend it so aggressively. Tells me a lot about some of our fans that they’re okay settling for good when great has been absolutely achievable.

With a capable offense (top 50) we’re 6-0 and highly ranked. Why do people keep pointing out the wins like it’s a ****ing badge of honor. The defense has been elite and we’ve wasted what could have been a historic Iowa football run with an archaic offensive philosophy that refuses to change, even after 5 years of evidence that it’s outdated and does not work.

Take your 5-1 and shove it. Same goes for the 50-19. With a capable offense we could have been consistently in the top ten and legitimately fighting for big ten championships instead of just getting there, through a weak big ten west schedule and getting blown the f out by better teams.

I’m over it. Idk how everyone else isn’t. It’s aggravating that people are not only okay with this but defend it so aggressively. Tells me a lot about some of our fans that they’re okay settling for good when great has been absolutely achievable.

Well said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT