ADVERTISEMENT

Padilla Eligibility Question

Unless either Alex or Joey just like the University and want to get their degrees from Iowa, why would they stay.

If Petras plays the entire year, I can see him coming back next season. Padilla, I think is probably gone after the semester to a school who will let him play. Labas, I think will stay, at least one more year, and take his chances playing next season. However, if Petras stinks most of the season the off season will not be fun for Kirk with the fans. If Kirk thinks its bad now, and Petras struggles all season, Kirk will end up being the most hated guy in Iowa by next season. ;)

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Not playing is being treated sh*tty? Must be that participation ribbon mentality.
With as horrible as SP has played for the last few seasons? Yeah. KF is 100% devoted to SP and there are other guys who have committed themselves just as much to the Iowa program who deserve a smidge of loyalty and respect from their HC as well.

And keeping SP in there at all times the way KF has is the definition of "participation ribbon mentality." Heckuva kid, amazing in practice. Lol.

With as horrible as SP has played for the last few seasons? Yeah. KF is 100% devoted to SP and there are other guys who have committed themselves just as much to the Iowa program who deserve a smidge of loyalty and respect from their HC as well.

And keeping SP in there at all times the way KF has is the definition of "participation ribbon mentality." Heckuva kid, amazing in practice. Lol.
So, just so we're clear, Ferentz treats them sh*tty. Right?

Not playing is being treated sh*tty? Must be that participation ribbon mentality.
C’mon now cupcake.
3zDHXCL.jpg

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
If Petras plays the entire year, I can see him coming back next season. Padilla, I think is probably gone after the semester to a school who will let him play. Labas, I think will stay, at least one more year, and take his chances playing next season. However, if Petras stinks most of the season the off season will not be fun for Kirk with the fans. If Kirk thinks its bad now, and Petras struggles all season, Kirk will end up being the most hated guy in Iowa by next season. ;)
AP may indeed transfer, but as to who's going to "let him play". I don't see many P5 level teams bringing in a 5th year guy with the numbers he's put up, (agreed with limited reps), and making him their starter. I also have a hard time believing that after him staying this off season, and knowing the situation as he did with SP ahead of him that he's going to go down a level just to play for a year once he's graduated fro Iowa.

I suspect that Petras and his "people" around him firmly believe he has NFL level talent but hasn't had the opportunity to showcase it. He'll probably continue on this year and in his mind keep trying to do the best that he can.....all to set up for one more try next year to prove himself and position for a draft spot. I know, I know...many of you will laugh and/or attack this. I'm just posting what I believe is true about what he and his people are thinking. If I'm correct...and I bet I am....he'll be back next year to exercise his Covid year. If Alex doesn't get a meaningful opportunity this year, it would makes sense for him to transfer to a non P5 school and give it a go.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
So, just so we're clear, Ferentz treats them sh*tty. Right?
I think a head coach reserving the near entirety of his loyalty and devotion for one guy when there are others at the position who've worked just as hard and are just as dedicated to the program does equal treating them sh*tty. I think KF standing up at a microphone and saying that if he'd been forced to play Deuce Hogan at Nebraska he wouldn't have even left Iowa City equals treating him sh*tty. I think being up 27 points against Nevada and not giving Padilla a single snap late in the game equals treating him sh*tty.

I think a head coach reserving the near entirety of his loyalty and devotion for one guy when there are others at the position who've worked just as hard and are just as dedicated to the program does equal treating them sh*tty. I think KF standing up at a microphone and saying that if he'd been forced to play Deuce Hogan at Nebraska he wouldn't have even left Iowa City equals treating him sh*tty. I think being up 27 points against Nevada and not giving Padilla a single snap late in the game equals treating him sh*tty.
This about sums it up, I think

KF is in danger of losing the fan base--and it's not just about wins and losses, but about respect, and his capacity to do the right thing

If there is some legit reason why he's not letting Padilla see the field, like injury or something, then he'd better damn well come out with it. I don't know if KF recognizes what he's risking here, which is his entire legacy as head FB coach

KF is in danger of losing the fan base--and it's not just about wins and losses, but about respect, and his capacity to do the right thing

If there is some legit reason why he's not letting Padilla see the field, like injury or something, then he'd better damn well come out with it. I don't know if KF recognizes what he's risking here, which is his entire legacy as head FB coach
I think you should take a break from Iowa football if you think that Kirk is risking his entire legacy by not playing Padilla.

There were no empty seats last Saturday in Kinnick and there won't be against Michigan either

No. Kirk Ferentz is NOT at risk of losing the fan base. Dumb thing to say, Dummy. Quit projecting yourself onto the fan base.

I can see Spencer coming back next year. That would really suck.
No way. He already looks like he can't wait for his football career to be over. His face reminds me of the kid whose parents are making him take piano lessons.

Don't know either guy but what proof do you have that one is just as dedicated and just as hard of a worker as the other?

Don't know either guy but what proof do you have that one is just as dedicated and just as hard of a worker as the other?
Didn't KF say there was an open QB competition between them going into the spring? I can't imagine he's going to give Padilla a legitimate shot as the starter if he hasn't shown he's willing to work just as hard as SP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT