ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

If you don't mind me asking, where's your wife from? I met my Mrs. in San Jose. I took her out to meet the parents in Pennsylvania and she told me, I'm never moving here. (Not because of the parents, the humidity.)
Mine’s actually from WV. I met her cousin in Hawaii when I was stationed there and married the cousin. Was really close to the entire family and would still visit them all even after divorcing the cousin after a 7-year marriage. Oddly, after a 7-year marriage and being divorced 7 years, my current wife was living in Nashville and I in SC, and we both happened to be in WV visiting my ex’s family at the same time. During that visit her sister asked me if I was interested in dating my current wife…and the rest was history. We’ve been married for 19 years and couldn’t be happier. Thank God I remained tight with the family because my wife is the absolute best thing that ever happened in my life! :)

8 of the 21 wrestling "journalists" picked someone other than Tazhudinov to win 97KG [6 picked Snyder and 2 went for Magomedov] That seems crazy.

Now that they have some tape on him, maybe he comes back to the pack a bit but I dunno, he was dominate.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Amit & Coon didn’t get a tough draw, Amit & Coon ARE the tough draw - 💪🏼🇺🇸 can’t wait to have some wrestling to talk about!!

I would agree with you on Amit but damn...get past the Iranian than you have the Cuban.

s-l1600.webp

I'm sure he suffered a knee injury but the greater truth is that his weight control probably got thrown out of whack due to an inability to train properly and he is unable to compete for that reason. He is 28, and this is likely his last Olympics. If it's just the knee, I think he would have competed. More to this story I'm sure because in light of what SL and CStar have done on a bad knee, it doesn't seem like that alone would drop you out.

I'm sure he suffered a knee injury but the greater truth is that his weight control probably got thrown out of whack due to an inability to train properly and he is unable to compete for that reason. He is 28, and this is likely his last Olympics. If it's just the knee, I think he would have competed. More to this story I'm sure because in light of what SL and CStar have done on a bad knee, it doesn't seem like that alone would drop you out.
Weight control is the reason? What are you basing this post off of?

Weight control is the reason? What are you basing this post off of?
No. He has a knee injury that is causing a weight control issue. That's a pretty good guess. He suffered the injury weeks ago, but dropped out today on the eve of competition. A competition that he has waited 20 years to compete in. It just seems like he couldn't make weight through no fault of his own. He already had a hard cut so this injury did him no favors.

My wife woke me up to tell me the news. Lol

Terrible news for him, hate to see it.

It’s also terrible news for Spencer and everyone else. Whoever wins, there will be haters using this as a way to downplay their success.

You always want to beat the best.

With that being said, let’s goooooooooo Spencer!!!!!

Alor looked awesome over the #1 seed from Turkey. Wins 10-2.

She wrestled a near perfect match. Took the easy stepout points. Didn't force the underhook when it became apparent her opponent was waiting for it to counter. Didn't push for the tech & just stayed in good position. Gave up the late 2, staying out of any possible last sec yolo throws. Good stuff.

Elor has a recent win over her next opponent as well. Amit beat her 5-0 at '23 U23s

It’s also terrible news for Spencer and everyone else. Whoever wins, there will be haters using this as a way to downplay their success.

Meh, its not like Micic is some years long dominant force that was a lock to win it. Him being out doesn't tarnish the gold at all imo.

Meh, its not like Micic is some years long dominant force that was a lock to win it. Him being out doesn't tarnish the gold at all imo.

He was the #1 seed and definitely favored to win it by some.

He's beaten some very high level wrestlers.

Do you even follow wrestling?

Look up the 2023 World Championships in Belgrade.

Once again, he's the #1 seed for a reason.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Maybe a slight favorite on paper
The weight is deeper than saying Micic out tarnishes the medal.

Those who knew, knew. Even if he had made weight, he would have been a shell of himself (see, 2021, Tokyo).

57 and 65 are ALWAYS the toughest weight classes. You still have a World Champ and a Olympic Silver in the bracket.

Sorry Turk, that was for @HawkMachine

Pulling extra hard for Spencer. Him bringing home the gold medal would really make this year's Olympics the best ever for me, just ahead of Gable dominating the field in 72 and the Miracle on Ice in 80.

Aside from Spencer winning the gold, I also want to see some of the American-born NCAA wrestlers who are representing other countries get beat. I think it sucks for athletes who were actually born and raised in those countries to have their opportunity to represent their respective country taken away by American-born athletes, most of whom probably have never lived in these countries. Yeah, it's good for the Olympics to have the best athletes, etc., etc., but I still think it sucks for the poor guys who are actually from those countries who cannot represent their countries. And clearly we see this in most Olympic sports, but I still don't like it. My preference list for beaten as soon as humanly possible is: 1) Austin Gomez (born in AZ); 2) RBY (born in Arizona); 3) Darian Cruz (born in Pennsylvania); 4) Malik Amine (born in Michigan); 5) Stevan Micic (born in Arizona); and 6) Sebastian Rivera (born in New Jersey). Nothing against these fellas as I'm sure they are all (OK, most of them) top notch gents, but I think the system sucks. Just like I think you need to be born with a vagina to participate in women's sporting events, I think you need to be born in a respective country - or at the very least be a citizen of said country and have been residing in said country for a certain amount of time - to represent that respective country in the Olympics. For instance, Micic represents Serbia and has dual citizenship because his dad is Serbian. But to the best of my knowledge via internet research he has never lived in Serbia, just like RBY has never lived (actually resided in a long-term residence) in Mexico...to the best of my knowledge.

Just venting my frustration and creating conversation since we're still killing time for a few more days before the action gets going.
And while I understand and generally agree with your point, the country's being represented will take full advantage of any medals won regardless.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye

After the dust settles, nobody will remember and/or care who he had to beat. Really no different than at times the top guys get upset before you have the chance to face them. Nothing is said then.

Mine’s actually from WV. I met her cousin in Hawaii when I was stationed there and married the cousin. Was really close to the entire family and would still visit them all even after divorcing the cousin after a 7-year marriage. Oddly, after a 7-year marriage and being divorced 7 years, my current wife was living in Nashville and I in SC, and we both happened to be in WV visiting my ex’s family at the same time. During that visit her sister asked me if I was interested in dating my current wife…and the rest was history. We’ve been married for 19 years and couldn’t be happier. Thank God I remained tight with the family because my wife is the absolute best thing that ever happened in my life! :)
Well at least you did not marry your cousin. :) I think that is a WV thing, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT