ADVERTISEMENT

Pastor Mario Murillo Says God Will Destroy America to Save It From Democrats

Are we talking about this guy?

BNU2TLOEXVCAPHWGCXM5LDVD64.jpg

Reactions: Rudolph
The local church in your community is a non-for-profit entity.
This means they cannot advocate for any political party.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Here is my take:

--Televangelists like Kenneth Copeland and so-called "prophets" like Marillo are a special breed of "Christians" who are driven by popularity, power, and especially money/

--They claim to receive messages directly from Jesus/God. Those messages are a strange mix of doom and prosperity. They keep sheep in the fold by alternatively scaring the hell out of them and continually telling them that God wants them to prosper (if you would only trust and plant your "seed" donation).

--Seeing his rising popularity, they hitched on to Trump early and assigned divine authority to his election win. Predictably, Trump elevated these imposter pastors; a group of the more established "Christian leaders" were given special access and visability at the White House and on campaign stops.

--The Trump/goofy pastor alliance was mutually beneficial. Trump used them to first access then motivate evangelical and fundamentalist for his own political reasons and the televangelists promoted him as a means to gain more followers and $$$. Right wing politics and religion were fused together.

--The number of kooky televangelist and fundamentalist pastors quickly proliferated under Trump; everyone wanted a piece of the giant money pie. An alliance with Trump opened them up to a huge segment of believers who were activists and more than willing to donate and spend

--With Trump out of power and his base of power slipping, these kooks are saying and doing even more outrageous things to keep the gullibles they attracted to their ministries under Trump. Hence the comical pronouncements, warnings, and "prophesies" post-Trump.

This is true. . . in terms of pastors Trump really played for the kooky pastors out there. Not saying that your ordinary run of the mill Christians arn't generally right wing to some extent. . . But Trump wasn't playing to ordinary run of the mill Christian pastors, he was playing to televangelists and prosperity preachers who generally speaking even your right wing run of the mill Christian pastor's are at the very least a little skeptical of.

dirtypool said:
“God said, ‘Whatever I have to do to save America, I will do it. If it means natural disaster, I’ll do it. If it means destroying her economy and her global prestige, I will do it.”

Is this a new chapter to the Bible?
It's in the King Donald version

In Two Corinthians?

Here is my take:

--Televangelists like Kenneth Copeland and so-called "prophets" like Marillo are a special breed of "Christians" who are driven by popularity, power, and especially money/

--They claim to receive messages directly from Jesus/God. Those messages are a strange mix of doom and prosperity. They keep sheep in the fold by alternatively scaring the hell out of them and continually telling them that God wants them to prosper (if you would only trust and plant your "seed" donation).

--Seeing his rising popularity, they hitched on to Trump early and assigned divine authority to his election win. Predictably, Trump elevated these imposter pastors; a group of the more established "Christian leaders" were given special access and visability at the White House and on campaign stops.

--The Trump/goofy pastor alliance was mutually beneficial. Trump used them to first access then motivate evangelical and fundamentalist for his own political reasons and the televangelists promoted him as a means to gain more followers and $$$. Right wing politics and religion were fused together.

--The number of kooky televangelist and fundamentalist pastors quickly proliferated under Trump; everyone wanted a piece of the giant money pie. An alliance with Trump opened them up to a huge segment of believers who were activists and more than willing to donate and spend

--With Trump out of power and his base of power slipping, these kooks are saying and doing even more outrageous things to keep the gullibles they attracted to their ministries under Trump. Hence the comical pronouncements, warnings, and "prophesies" post-Trump.
You mentioned Trump 9 times during your 'take'. Seek mental help.

You mentioned Trump 9 times during your 'take'. Seek mental help.
If you watch the televangelist videos on Christian broadcasting or Youtube the connection to Trump is unavoidable. it is what it is.

See for example Paula White, Johnny Enlow, Jentezen Franklin, James Dobson, Rod Parsley, Rick Joyner, Jerry Fallwell, Jr., Greg Laurie, Robert Jeffress, Jack Graham, Tony Perkins, Rick Wiles, Lance Wallnau, Jim Bakker, Greg Locke, or any of the dozens of other of the more well known ministers, pastors, and Christian leaders currently preaching the Trump divinity and prosperity gospel - they are out there, they have millions of followers.

It should be noted that while the televangelists are still pro-Trump. the Trump part of the partnership has faded substantially since his defeat. Once a prominent part of his communication operation (a group of evangelicals headed by Paula White had a WH outreach office during Trump's term), Trump has basically abandoned the arrangement now that he is out of office (but I will update if he shows up outside a church somewhere to hold a bible photo-op).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT