ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald Suspended...NOW FIRED....Has Hired a High-Profile Attorney to Fight Back

Dude, am awaiting my copy of 'Hawkeye Confidential.' Can't find it on Amazon. Must be out of print. Plenty of copies of 'Big Red Confidential,' starting at $2.
Iowa fans couldn’t handle the media scrutiny if their team was relevant. Iowa has never been relevant or a consistent national power post 1960 in football and therefore Iowa scandals aren’t a story worth publishing.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
the IA AG who was representing the University settled it for them.
Kirk and Barta both wanted the case to be settled in court. but the IAG decided to end the case and it was time to move on. the plaintiffs and their lawyers were in for money grab and nothing else.

the whole thing only started because Floyds death and Biden trying to make a 5 time felon out to be a hero. the fervor was at its highest because of Floyd and Biden trying to make Floyd into a national Hero,

the IA AG who was representing the University settled it for them.
Kirk and Barta both wanted the case to be settled in court. but the IAG decided to end the case and it was time to move on. the plaintiffs and their lawyers were in for money grab and nothing else.

the whole thing only started because Floyds death and Biden trying to make a 5 time felon out to be a hero. the fervor was at its highest because of Floyd and Biden trying to make Floyd into a national Hero,
Hearsay
It was my understanding that the Iowa staff wasn’t happy this was settled out of court. That was between the lawyers and the higher ups. They took the easier route and didn’t chance a worse judgment. It does not admit to wrongdoing!
It does not admit innocence either.

You can't "admit innocence". There's no need to, which is why they're supposed to have to prove your guilty, which of course never happened , nor would it because this was made up to a large extent, at least involving any racism...
There’s no language in the settlement saying KF was exonerated or that he was guilty. Thread is about fat Pat why did you guys derail it defending Iowa’s morally corrupt HC??

There’s no language in the settlement saying KF was exonerated or that he was guilty. Thread is about fat Pat why did you guys derail it defending Iowa’s morally corrupt HC??
Clown. Obviously we are shouting down YOUR attempts to make this about the law suit against Iowa. Take your silly red balloons and go home......

I put on ignore about 2 weeks ago. People should try it.
Did the same thing. If more people would do it things would be a lot better, since we don't seem to have any staff on this site with enough balls to stop one person from highjacking almost every thread started.

I've been on this site since 2001. Was a paying member for several years, but with the complete lack of monitoring by the new admins i'm seriously thinking about moving on. The new guys are doing a terrible job of keeping this a Hawk site.

I don't think you have to completely stop all fans of other teams, but you have to stop one individual from ruining every thread!!!

DO YOUR JOB ADMINS !!!
I put on ignore about 2 weeks ago. People should try it.

Did the same thing. If more people would do it things would be a lot better, since we don't seem to have any staff on this site with enough balls to stop one person from highjacking almost every thread started.

I've been on this site since 2001. Was a paying member for several years, but with the complete lack of monitoring by the new admins i'm seriously thinking about moving on. The new guys are doing a terrible job of keeping this a Hawk site.

I don't think you have to completely stop all fans of other teams, but you have to stop one individual from ruining every thread!!!

DO YOUR JOB ADMINS !!!
So in your mind it’s the mods job to ban anyone who counters Iowa fan BS?? If you’re going to post down to other fans or about other teams you should expect some pushback. Iowa fans are very soft and very sensitive in person and on message boards/social media.

No you’re derailing a thread about fat Pat. TO at best turned a blind eye to CRIMINAL behavior and at worst encouraged it.
FIFY.

Less than two weeks after Phillips helped Nebraska win the 1994 championship, he pleaded not guilty to charges of assault, vandalism, and disturbing the peace. The charges came from a March 1994 incident, in which Phillips was accused of grabbing a 21-year-old college student "around the neck". Phillips entered a pretrial diversion program earlier, but was charged on November 18, 1994, after failing to complete the requirements of the program.[1]

Hours after the team returned from East Lansing on September 10, 1995, Phillips broke into backup quarterback Scott Frost's (Who hid in a closet btw) apartment by climbing the outside of the building to the third floor and entering through some sliding doors. He then assaulted his ex-girlfriend, basketball player Kate McEwen. Phillips dragged McEwen out of the apartment by the hair and down three flights of stairs before smashing her head into a mailbox. Phillips was subsequently arrested, and eventually suspended by head coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with the perception that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne walked out on a press conference when asked, "If one of your players had roughed up a member of your family and had dragged her down a flight of steps, would you have reinstated that player to the team?"[4] Outraged Nebraska faculty proposed that any student convicted of a violent crime should be prohibited from representing the university on the football field.[5] Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. Osborne stated, "I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life."[6] After a six-game suspension, Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game,[7] although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.

Despite pressure from the national media, Osborne named Phillips the starter for the Fiesta Bowl, which pitted No. 1 Nebraska against No. 2 Florida for the national championship. In the game, Phillips rushed for 165 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries and scored a touchdown on a 16-yard reception in the Cornhuskers' 62–24 victory. The performance boosted Phillips' draft stock. With Osborne's encouragement, he decided to turn pro a year early.[8]

You’re correct hoglovinhawkeye, if Iowa were ever to achieve the amount of spectacular success that Nebraska accomplished for over 50 years, the media scrutiny on the Iowa program would quickly bring to light accusations of attempted sexual assault cover ups and the racism scandal all of which occurred on KFs watch. He always passes the buck as he’s a man of low character. As it is no national media care to look into Iowa as Iowa football has been irrelevant for over 60 straight years and there’s no national interest in anything that goes on at Iowa.

It was my understanding that the Iowa staff wasn’t happy this was settled out of court. That was between the lawyers and the higher ups. They took the easier route and didn’t chance a worse judgment. It does not admit to wrongdoing!
The university and its attorneys. Kirk didn’t want to do it. He wanted to play it out.

Fat Pat, KF, TO and on and on. No program has a perfect coach. Fans of teams with limited success just don’t have to deal with intense national media scrutiny. Like all of Iowa’s scandals this scandal will blow over quickly.

I have carefully not brought up anything about Nebraska’s past, but they or the Oklahoma’s or Miamis or Florida Sts of the 80s or 90s could fill a crime series novel of misadventures and the only response literally is to laugh and play it off….

Cue the the laughing hog humper…

Hell Bama has had way less legal drama than those 4 schools in their whole history!

I will add if any of those scandals happened from the 90s with those aforementioned teams in the last 5 to 10 years things would’ve been wildly different for those teams…

Using the hog humpers point that he thinks is hurting our feelings, my Lord, is he dumb. We aren’t as relevant as those aforementioned teams, (then) and this racial thing lasted a long, long time!

Tom Osborne wouldn’t have gotten away with what happened in the 80s and 90s now. Because as Hog Humper said they were SO relevant that the media attention it caused would’ve made serious legalities fall down on them…

I do enjoy when peoples own rhetoric convicts them…

I don’t believe we’ve had a rival fan as active as he is that take’s himself as serious as he does ever be as dumb as he is…. Most of them get it eventually, not this cat!

😂😂😂😂

FIFY.

Less than two weeks after Phillips helped Nebraska win the 1994 championship, he pleaded not guilty to charges of assault, vandalism, and disturbing the peace. The charges came from a March 1994 incident, in which Phillips was accused of grabbing a 21-year-old college student "around the neck". Phillips entered a pretrial diversion program earlier, but was charged on November 18, 1994, after failing to complete the requirements of the program.[1]

Hours after the team returned from East Lansing on September 10, 1995, Phillips broke into backup quarterback Scott Frost's (Who hid in a closet btw) apartment by climbing the outside of the building to the third floor and entering through some sliding doors. He then assaulted his ex-girlfriend, basketball player Kate McEwen. Phillips dragged McEwen out of the apartment by the hair and down three flights of stairs before smashing her head into a mailbox. Phillips was subsequently arrested, and eventually suspended by head coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with the perception that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne walked out on a press conference when asked, "If one of your players had roughed up a member of your family and had dragged her down a flight of steps, would you have reinstated that player to the team?"[4] Outraged Nebraska faculty proposed that any student convicted of a violent crime should be prohibited from representing the university on the football field.[5] Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. Osborne stated, "I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life."[6] After a six-game suspension, Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game,[7] although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.

Despite pressure from the national media, Osborne named Phillips the starter for the Fiesta Bowl, which pitted No. 1 Nebraska against No. 2 Florida for the national championship. In the game, Phillips rushed for 165 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries and scored a touchdown on a 16-yard reception in the Cornhuskers' 62–24 victory. The performance boosted Phillips' draft stock. With Osborne's encouragement, he decided to turn pro a year early.[8]
Hard to believe Frost and Osborne could be such cowards . Phillips was such a loser that later on when he was beaten in a flag football game by some middle schoolers they laughed at him so he got in his car and tried to run them over In a city park.

I have carefully not brought up anything about Nebraska’s past, but they or the Oklahoma’s or Miamis or Florida Sts of the 80s or 90s could fill a crime series novel of misadventures and the only response literally is to laugh and play it off….

Cue the the laughing hog humper…

Hell Bama has had way less legal drama than those 4 schools in their whole history!

I will add if any of those scandals happened from the 90s with those aforementioned teams in the last 5 to 10 years things would’ve been wildly different for those teams…

Using the hog humpers point that he thinks is hurting our feelings, my Lord, is he dumb. We aren’t as relevant as those aforementioned teams, (then) and this racial thing lasted a long, long time!

Tom Osborne wouldn’t have gotten away with what happened in the 80s and 90s now. Because as a Hig Humper said they were SO relevant that the media attention it caused would’ve made serious legalities fall down on them…

I do enjoy when peoples own rhetoric convicts them…

I don’t believe we’ve had a rival fan as active as he is that take’s himself as serious as he does ever be as dumb as he is…. Most of them get it eventually, not this cat!

😂😂😂😂
All you clowns pointing out accusations of TO, I haven’t defended or excused the accusations of TO in any thread.

Iowa fans couldn’t handle the national scrutiny the Iowa football program would receive if Iowa football were nationally relevant like Oklahoma, Nebraska, FSU, Miami etc were or are currently. Lucky for Iowa fans they don’t have to worry about the scrutiny as Iowa has no national interest or relevance.

Fat Pat, KF, TO and on and on. No program has a perfect coach. Fans of teams with limited success just don’t have to deal with intense national media scrutiny. Like all of Iowa’s scandals this scandal will blow over quickly.
What? You're saying Tom, the Champion of the Disadvantaged, was not perfect?? I totally get the fact that the only reason the Husk drew scrutiny for academic fraud, pay to play, steroids, cocaine, sexual assault, simple assault, public drunkenness was because. they were so good. Did Phillips, Peters, et al use that defense at trial. HAW! Why did Mo Washington draw attention when the Husk were lousy? Could it be that Nebby and its fans, so desperate for national attention, will overlook anyone's character if it might produce a win?

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
What? You're saying Tom, the Champion of the Disadvantaged, was not perfect?? I totally get the fact that the only reason the Husk drew scrutiny for academic fraud, pay to play, steroids, cocaine, sexual assault, simple assault, public drunkenness was because. they were so good. Did Phillips, Peters, et al use that defense at trial. HAW! Why did Mo Washington draw attention when the Husk were lousy? Could it be that Nebby and its fans, so desperate for national attention, will overlook anyone's character if it might produce a win?
The accusations against TO are there just like they are for KF, I’m not here to defend TO, like KF he has decisions he has to live with and TO and KF are more similar than different. Nebraska is a top ten all time program and that comes with scrutiny that Iowa doesn’t get and Iowa fans couldn’t handle if it were the case. I’m enjoy knocking you jacka$$es off your high horse.

All you clowns pointing out accusations of TO, I haven’t defended or excused the accusations of TO in any thread.

Iowa fans couldn’t handle the national scrutiny the Iowa football program would receive if Iowa football were nationally relevant like Oklahoma, Nebraska, FSU, Miami etc were or are currently. Lucky for Iowa fans they don’t have to worry about the scrutiny as Iowa has no national interest or relevance.

My Lord are you triggered or dense. I said this….

“”””Using the hog humpers point that he thinks is hurting our feelings, my Lord, is he dumb. We aren’t as relevant as those aforementioned teams, (then) and this racial thing lasted a long, long time!””””

We get it, Now what…

More laughing?!

• Wow
Third post in thread rightfully compared fat Pat and KF scandals, ever since triggered sensitive Iowa fans have derailed the thread with their obsession with big brother husker.

No….address the relevancy comment. You have said it 100 times in the last 4 months. We get it….you’d have been F-ed in this era…and we made it through!

I said we weren’t relevant comparatively and now I say…..

NOW what…?

• Haha
No….address the relevancy comment. You have said it 100 times in the last 4 months. We get it….you’d have been F-ed in this era…and we made it through!

I said we weren’t relevant comparatively and now I say…..

NOW what…?
Good on you I guess. If you posted it, my posts weren’t directed at you. Nebraska has had 2 coaching hires that were horrible in hindsight. Nebraska has sucked since 2015 due almost entirely to those two coaches and how they lead the program. What exactly has Iowa “made it through” to??

Good on you I guess. If you posted it, my posts weren’t directed at you. Nebraska has had 2 coaching hires that were horrible in hindsight. Nebraska has sucked since 2015 due almost entirely to those two coaches and how they lead the program. What exactly has Iowa “made it through” to??

That was for the rest of the board… I knew you didn’t have anything!

Since the turn on the millennium (2000) you have the 33rd best winning % in the nation.

From 2000-2015 your were 20th. You really haven’t been relevant for 20+ years friend!

And there are 25+ teams more relevant than you now!

• Haha

I’ve got to stop thinking most people on here argue with a semblance of Truth & honor.

I started out assuming maybe you were right then I decided to look… The third post in the thread was you comparing Iowa/Northwestern and how Northwestern got a worse sentence…

Which in all honesty a two week suspension versus a $2 million fine I don’t think equate.

Tom Osborne & Nebraska wasn’t brought into the equation until the 25th post.

And that only because over and over and over again you kept talking about relevancy and all the same stupid tripe you’re always talking about!

I then reposted clearly in bold so you could see that I admitted we weren’t nearly as relevant as the oh so wonderful Nebraska in the 80s and 90s and then you say…. “If” I posted that, I wasn’t talking to you..?

What the F dude… You lose more and more personal relevancy every time you open your mouth!

You can’t even keep your own facts straight!

Years back I liked Nebraska, I mentioned 100 times if I said it once to friends how impressive it was they won 9+ games for 30 straight years… I followed him close enough to know the fans were getting tired of Tom, not winning the big one and suddenly come the 90s & along with three national championships he had a ****ing renegade crew of criminals and you’re over here talking shit and you haven’t been relevant for 20+ years…

I know this ain’t gonna chase you off but, but you should just know there are about 20 to 30 guys in here you’re arguing with that I’ve posted with for 20+ years they have no fear of OR Axe to grind with Nebraska. We are okay with you greatness 20 plus years ago. Kudos, you deserve it, renegades & all, we’ve had our fair share.

But at this point in time you are at best third tier in this conference, and You are the one grinding AXES!

I’m sorry your arrival to the Big10 didn’t work out the way you wanted it to, but if I was on the Nebraska board talking like this, they would be lambasting mean and I would deserve it!

Hence you’re the board clown and there’s quite a few Iowa fans on here I don’t care that much for, who would share your belief that we aren’t relevant.

Now I’m going to go back to taking my own advice and not talking to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT