ADVERTISEMENT

Path's to AA on the backside for Hawks

Czech Hawk

HR MVP
Feb 15, 2014
Plainfield, IL
Maybe a too early look but somewhat of a realistic one unless guys improve and get some good upsets. This is looking at some of the better options if seeds somewhat hold. Some guys have a very manageable path. The outlier is any high seed losing early by having an off match. The thing that doesn't always get talked about is that some guys get the red carpet laid out for them on their path to AA and others get huge land mines. So being unable to predict that here are some of the likely paths for 5 Hawks that could very well find themselves on the backside of the bracket early.

Drake (13) to the backside if he can’t beat track star Courtney (4), would likely see Prada (19), then a rematch with Heinselman (12), then likely Matstrogiovanni (7) in the round of 12.

Note: Hildebrandt gets Barnett (6) in Round of 12 if seeds hold and he makes that far.

Murin (8), If he can beat Gfeller (9), then Backside after Yanni, will have Andonian (11) or Finesilver (14) or Yahya T (19) in the round of 12.

Young (9) needs to get past Lewan (8), then likely to the backside after Carr. Then could see Coleman (19) or O’Conner (11) or Franek (6) in the Round of 12.

Assad (18) needs to beat Bolen (15) in opening match or … goes to the back and has Burkhart (30), then D. Geer (16) or Kent (17), then Coleman (8) or Braunagel (9), then Munoz (6) in the round of 12.

Almost a harder path here if you ask me...
If Assad gets past Bolen and then drops his match to Brooks (2), his path would be… likely Kent (17) or Geer (16), then Venz (10) or Romero (7), then likely Traux (5) or Keckeisen (4) in the round of 12.

Warner (6) needs to get past Penola (11) and then has the coin toss with Schultz that has been going against Warner the past few times. If he doesn’t do it on the backside.. he could have Norfleet (16) or Caffey (9) or Duprez (8) in the Round of 12.

I went off the brackets and followed down for these so I could have looked wrong somewhere or misspelled some names.

I hate back side planning. I’ve seen wrestlers let their foot off the gas thinking backside path was best path to the medal stand then never get their motor going again.

Reactions: el dub
Here is assad's path if he loses first round, and everything runs to seed. You can swap out names etc as you see fit.

N7f8akv.png

I hate back side planning. I’ve seen wrestlers let their foot off the gas thinking backside path was best path to the medal stand then never get their motor going again.
I totally hear you on that. I hope the wrestlers do not plan it and only look at who is front of them. I hope they do not come on here either and wish their parents would stay away for the most part. Too many emotion and to many jokers who don't matter with a keyboard. I simply looked at these with taking into fact rankings and past results which will not hold up in most cases and less and less as the rounds move on.

Reactions: bluroptimo
That is an awesome excel sheet! If you made that sheet you have some major excel knowledge with formulas. Nice!
you should download the full thing...

Not to mention, some big seed gets knocked off and all of a sudden you've got a 2 or 3 seed in your easy path to AA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT