ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Kennedy

Will he be ranked the #1 overall next year?
Right now Flo has him at #6 on the 2020 big board.

1. A.J. Ferrari
2. Dustin Plott
3. Keegan O'Toole
4. Robert Howard
5. Braxton Amos
6. Patrick Kennedy

Both Plott and O'Toole lost in the finals of Fargo but to kids who have already graduated so I'm not sure if that will do anything to their rankings. Howard lost his state tournament to #34 senior Sammy Alvarez so it seems weird that Kennedy is behind him.

1. A.J. Ferrari
2. Dustin Plott
3. Keegan O'Toole
4. Robert Howard
5. Braxton Amos
6. Patrick Kennedy

Both Plott and O'Toole lost in the finals of Fargo but to kids who have already graduated so I'm not sure if that will do anything to their rankings. Howard lost his state tournament to #34 senior Sammy Alvarez so it seems weird that Kennedy is behind him.

I know Plott is going to Okie St and Howard to PSU right? Is Iowa involved with the others?And where is Gallagher ranked, thanks in advanced.

I know Plott is going to Okie St and Howard to PSU right? Is Iowa involved with the others?And where is Gallagher ranked, thanks in advanced.
#5 on the 2021 Big Board
#9 is Ayala

1 Alex Facundo Davison MI 160 1
2 Richard Figueroa II Selma CA 113 2 Arizona St.
3 Shayne Van Ness Blair Academy NJ 132 3
4 Travis Mastrogiovanni Blair Academy NJ 138 4
5 Padraic Gallagher St. Edward OH 160 15

1. A.J. Ferrari
2. Dustin Plott
3. Keegan O'Toole
4. Robert Howard
5. Braxton Amos
6. Patrick Kennedy

Because its politics on Flo.

1. A.J. Ferrari
2. Dustin Plott
3. Keegan O'Toole
4. Robert Howard
5. Braxton Amos
6. Patrick Kennedy

I could see #2, 3, and 4 all sliding down, with Amos taking over #2, and Kennedy taking over #3.

1. A.J. Ferrari
2. Dustin Plott
3. Keegan O'Toole
4. Robert Howard
5. Braxton Amos
6. Patrick Kennedy

O'Toole got taken out in semis i believe. Howard has had some nice international success so they are weighing that more evidently. Does Howard have a state title?

O'Toole got taken out in semis i believe. Howard has had some nice international success so they are weighing that more evidently. Does Howard have a state title?
He won as a sophomore, but I do think his freestyle results have his ranking a little inflated. He has multiple folkstyle losses to low ranked guys in the past year (Schwartz and Alvarez). He's good, but he's a much better freestyler.

Reactions: Exo
He won as a sophomore, but I do think his freestyle results have his ranking a little inflated. He has multiple folkstyle losses to low ranked guys in the past year (Schwartz and Alvarez). He's good, but he's a much better freestyler.
Agreed, I didn't shed a tear when we missed on him. Although time will tell on that of course.

Finally watched the match -- total domination. Hawks have some great recruits. As for the announcers, less said the better.

Finally watched the match -- total domination. Hawks have some great recruits. As for the announcers, less said the better.
One needs to remember that during the Assad match Mike Mal was announcing and he is a OSU guy. So of course he will be talking up Plott the OSU recruit.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Would love to see an Amos vs Ferrari match, freestyle or otherwise.
I'm not as high on Amos as others. He strikes me as a bit of a tweener. He cut down to 92 kg for cadet trials last year and did not fare nearly as well as he usually does at Fargo up at 220, a weight class that is usually pretty weak due to football practices being underway. He didn't even make it to Ferrari in that bracket. I think he'd be best served going heavyweight to take advantage of his athleticism, but all accounts say he want's to go 197. He won't be a special athlete down at 197 and I think that's why he had limited success down there last spring.

I'm not as high on Amos as others. He strikes me as a bit of a tweener. He cut down to 92 kg for cadet trials last year and did not fare nearly as well as he usually does at Fargo up at 220, a weight class that is usually pretty weak due to football practices being underway. He didn't even make it to Ferrari in that bracket. I think he'd be best served going heavyweight to take advantage of his athleticism, but all accounts say he want's to go 197. He won't be a special athlete down at 197 and I think that's why he had limited success down there last spring.
I'm very high on Amos, and yes I do think he is at a tweener size,but he has put himself against some of the toughest guys in the country on numerous occasions and doesn't back down from anyone! Wrestled U.S Open against college kids, competed most of last summer at the OTC and just seems to be a young man that loves the challenge!! I'm a big fan!

I'm very high on Amos, and yes I do think he is at a tweener size,but he has put himself against some of the toughest guys in the country on numerous occasions and doesn't back down from anyone! Wrestled U.S Open against college kids, competed most of last summer at the OTC and just seems to be a young man that loves the challenge!! I'm a big fan!
Yeah, no argument here on his attitude. Seems like a great kid and loves to compete which is always a good sign. I'd really like to see him add 10-15 lbs of muscle and be a super athletic heavyweight. Guys have had a lot of success doing that and I think it fits his skill set better based on what I've seen. My concern is that he's indicated he wants to go 197 and he hasn't had great results at that weight when he's cut down, at least compared to his results at 220.

He's got some Schwarzenegger in his voice. I like it. Iowa mindset....get to the choppa.
I think he was really winded too. Lofty goals saying he wants to be better than Gable but love the mindset. He needed a few minutes to catch his breath. Someone better than myself wrote on here that they hate the interview immediately after a match...in this instance, I agree.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Kennedy is a great get for Iowa, He's been born and molded into the perfect Iowa recruit. One of the athletes that trains at my club has worked out with Patrick and only had great things to say.

Whether this is orchestrated or not, Iowa is doing a good job with this group of recruits and marketing. Whenever there is a big tournament with multiple recruits, Kennedy, Glazier, Sokol, Assad, Schriever... They snag a picture together. HS kids want to go to where they're gonna be successful; where the cool, good kids go. It's really smart, from an outsider's perspective. Interesting to see if this is the future of recruiting. Maybe this has been a thing, and I've only just noticed lately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT