ADVERTISEMENT

Pelosi Nails It

WTF? Consensus? You can not be serious.
49288365_2893546297338081_5530216984299438080_n.jpg

Walls don't work huh -

The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work
"In FY 2017 Congress provided DHS $292 million to build 40 miles of a steel bollard wall in the San Diego, El Centro and El Paso Sectors...."

That's $7.3 million per mile.

Is that the best use of that money?

You're RIGHT.

And, for years now, Russian women have come over to the US to birth US citizen babies, and then head back to Russia with them.

I'd be a LOT more concerned about them, than about "Hispanic" babies, who grow up to be regular US citizens....

So do women from numerous other countries, China being the most noteworthy, and they're all troublesome,... Simply showing up on US soil with umbilical cord attached should not automatically qualify an individual for citizenship,..

Sure hasn’t. It worked, and works as intended. To keep a handful of majority states deciding everything for the rest of the country, and also to build consensus throughout the country.
Silly wabbit, states don't decide things, people decide things.

Why should the people in some states have their votes count more (or less) than people's votes in other states?

The answer is not because it makes sense but only because we have an archaic scheme that operates against the one-person-one-vote principle. And it needs to go away.

We have fixed a lot of the mistakes the founding fathers made. It's time to fix this one.

Reactions: naturalmwa
As I've suggested before, California needs to divide into multiple smaller states. With clever boundary lines, most would be blue states. So CA's current representation in the Senate could easily rise from 2 to 20, mostly Democrats. With a similar increase in CA's clout in the Electoral College.

If this thought experiment doesn't illustrate how absurd the EC is, you aren't thinking clearly.

So, your telling me over 40 million people voted to protest Hillary; nothing to do with the candidate they voted for?
I don't know about the numbers, but a whole lot of folks here on HROT have said exactly that. Or at least said that was their primary reason for supporting Trump. And many who liked Trump at the time have now retreated to "at least he wasn't Hillary" as about all the reason they have left from whatever they might have thought in 2016.

As I've suggested before, California needs to divide into multiple smaller states. With clever boundary lines, most would be blue states. So CA's current representation in the Senate could easily rise from 2 to 20, mostly Democrats. With a similar increase in CA's clout in the Electoral College.

If this thought experiment doesn't illustrate how absurd the EC is, you aren't thinking clearly.

Better yet, let them succeed and see how long they last. I would set the over under at 20 years.

Better yet, let them succeed and see how long they last. I would set the over under at 20 years.
It won't happen, and I probably won't be around that long, but I'd take that bet.

They are, what, the 6th largest economy in the world? Something like that.

Plus, if CA seceded, I imagine the whole West Coast might go, with maybe Nevada tagging along.

CA's biggest problem as a state would be water. That could be a killer. Especially if the remaining US cut off the flows.

Just because you type it, doesn't make it true.

New research from the University of Alabama’s George Hawley, published by UVA’s Institute for Family Studies, says roughly 5.64 percent of America’s 198 million non-Hispanic whites have beliefs consistent with the alt-right’s worldview (racist views).

You are leaving out a huge evangelical crowd (like my mom) who was duped by Trump's campaign.
How was the evangelical crowd duped by Trump's campaign? I'm not seeing it. Seriously, I must be missing something.

So do women from numerous other countries, China being the most noteworthy, and they're all troublesome

'Cept those countries didn't set up Troll Farms to pose as US citizens to swing elections here.

In 18+ years, the Russian will have ACTUAL US citizens to do that same work, but IN THE US and fully legally.

Silly wabbit, states don't decide things, people decide things.

Why should the people in some states have their votes count more (or less) than people's votes in other states?

The answer is not because it makes sense but only because we have an archaic scheme that operates against the one-person-one-vote principle. And it needs to go away.

We have fixed a lot of the mistakes the founding fathers made. It's time to fix this one.

We are the United STATES of America and to remain united we need to have some level of equality among states,... In some fashion Rhode Island has to be on a relatively level playing field with California,... If you federalize everything this country falls apart.

So we should get rid of ACA then since only half of the country voted for it? This is how it works.

Baby Orange needs to re-open the government to do any of your top ideas so why don't we focus on that.

Dipshit is acting, again, like a petulant toddler at Toys R Us in keeping the govt closed.

Baby Orange needs to re-open the government to do any of your top ideas so why don't we focus on that.

Dipshit is acting, again, like a petulant toddler at Toys R Us in keeping the govt closed.
Everyone is acting like this is fhe first shutdown of the government... I don't recall the libs\dems being up in arms in 2013.

#notmycongress

"In FY 2017 Congress provided DHS $292 million to build 40 miles of a steel bollard wall in the San Diego, El Centro and El Paso Sectors...."

That's $7.3 million per mile.

Is that the best use of that money?
I will take the 7.3 million over 100 billion for a HSR that will NEVER be finished. I will take the 7.3 million over another Officer Singh or Mollie Tibits. I will take my fellow Americans safety ANY F'ING DAY!

The dems shutting down the government over 0.12% of the budget and being pro open borders seem like a good move. March on......

Everyone is acting like this is fhe first shutdown of the government... I don't recall the libs\dems being up in arms in 2013.

#notmycongress
It was Ted Cruz who shut down the government in 2013 over a law that required legal funding. He just didn't want to do it. And yes, Democrats were angry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT