ADVERTISEMENT

People who didn’t vote for Trump: Who did you vote for?

People who didn’t vote for Trump: Who did you vote for?

• I am a dem: Hillary and Biden of course

• Didn’t vote at all

• Reluctantly voted for Hillary and Biden

• Reluctantly voted for Hillary didn’t vote in other election

• Reluctantly voted for Biden and didn’t vote in other election

• Voted for 3rd party candidate both times

• Voted 3rd party once, didn’t vote the other

• Voted 3rd party once and once for Hillary

• Voted 3rd party once and once for Biden

• I am not a dem: voted for Hillary and Biden both times

Results are only viewable after voting.
What did she win?
So she totaled a net margin of 3 million, 4 million of that was from Cali (which she carried), so actual she is a negative 1 million in the remaining 49 states.
I can’t decide if it’s funny or if it’s sad that so many Dems still can’t comprehend that Hillary might not have won the popular vote
if the objective was to win the popular vote.

I'm always curious what these kind of people think will change with their edgy 3rd party votes? Lobbyists and corporations own this country. Put a D, R, F, LMNOP, etc, whatever you want behind their name, and the more things change the more they stay the same.

I hate to say it but try to get your slice of the pie the best you can and hope for the best. You, I, and 90% of everyone else are pretty irrelevant.
That sounds much more nihilistic than my voting approach.

Too many people who think only of themselves are arguably the reason we're in this bind.

I don't think I've ever voted that way and, frankly, I'm a little proud to say so.

As examples:

I have always voted for those who support civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, immigrant rights, and a more compassionate penal system - even though I'm a straight, white, American-born male with no criminal record.

I always vote for those who support aggressive action on climate change - even though (until recently) I fully expected to die before the worst hit.

I always vote for supporters of a strong safety net - even though I've never needed it and, until very recently, never thought I might need it.

Votes are never wasted, as long as you vote.

I hate this "you voted 3rd party, you wasted your vote"

I don't think thats how democracy works.
Yup. I look at voting as a very important part of any free nation. I vote in most elections local, state, and federal, I’ll vote no matter what and if I hate both candidates then I will write in my vote. People that say that is a wasted vote are pathetic. There is never a wasted vote as long as I have the right to vote.

Reactions: Finance85
That sounds much more nihilistic than my voting approach.

Too many people who think only of themselves are arguably the reason we're in this bind.

I don't think I've ever voted that way and, frankly, I'm a little proud to say so.

As examples:

I have always voted for those who support civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, immigrant rights, and a more compassionate penal system - even though I'm a straight, white, American-born male with no criminal record.

I always vote for those who support aggressive action on climate change - even though (until recently) I fully expected to die before the worst hit.

I always vote for supporters of a strong safety net - even though I've never needed it and, until very recently, never thought I might need it.
Wwjd, we don’t agree on much but you are spot on with your first couple comments here. I am proud I don’t fall in line with the two party system and think for myself. I would have voted for Pete B, Tulsi, and possibly Amy K if they were the nominee.

Criticizes others for how they voted, refuses to divulge how he voted.

You, sir, are one edgy mofo.

Loves throwing his vote away and bragging about it and I'm the edgy one. ;)

When I do vote, I normally vote Democrat because they align with my values more than Republicans.

As examples:

Sure, voting Dem covers a majority of those things or they certainly align more with those values. Some 3rd party may be more extreme for one or two of those topics but at the end of the day I guess it depends which of those topics mean the most to you. 3rd party is most likely not going to win so go with the party that mostly aligns with your values even if not everyone or with as much urgency as you may have.

Sure, voting Dem covers a majority of those things or they certainly align more with those values. Some 3rd party may be more extreme for one or two of those topics but at the end of the day I guess it depends which of those topics mean the most to you. 3rd party is most likely not going to win so go with the party that mostly aligns with your values even if not everyone or with as much urgency as you may have.
You may have missed my point. I was arguing against the view that we should vote in our own self interest.

I try to vote for what's right and what's best for the nation. In that order. None of what I listed in the part you quoted was voting in my own self interest.

A lot of people do what I do. I wish more did. If so, America would never give 2 thoughts to folks like Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Loves throwing his vote away and bragging about it and I'm the edgy one. ;)

When I do vote, I normally vote Democrat because they align with my values more than Republicans.
Believe me, I’m not bragging about it. I’m simply answering the OP’s question. I wasn’t thrilled about voting third party, but I absolutely detested both major party candidates.

I went to the poll that day assuming like many Americans did that Hillary was going to win handily. I was just as shocked as anyone else when the returns started coming in that night and it began to become apparent that, holy shit, Trump might actually win this thing.

Believe me, I’m not bragging about it. I’m simply answering the OP’s question. I wasn’t thrilled about voting third party, but I absolutely detested both major party candidates.

I went to the poll that day assuming like many Americans did that Hillary was going to win handily. I was just as shocked as anyone else when the returns started coming in that night and it began to become apparent that, holy shit, Trump might actually win this thing.

Who did you pull the ballot for in 2020?

There is no such thing as a wasted vote.

It is attitudes like yours that have us stuck in the 2 party mess we’re in.

And dipshits like you who think your 3rd party has a snowballs chance in hell

You may have missed my point. I was arguing against the view that we should vote in our own self interest.

I try to vote for what's right and what's best for the nation. In that order. None of what I listed in the part you quoted was voting in my own self interest.

A lot of people do what I do. I wish more did. If so, America would never give 2 thoughts to folks like Trump.

No shit? Women's rights doesn't directly effect you? My point still stands. What party do you think is more interested in Women's rights? Maybe your 3rd party is more interested in those things you listed but it's a wasted vote to vote for them

I answered the first choice but it was more like “GOP candidate was Trump: Hillary and Biden of course”

The ignorance and lack of logic in this statement is simultaneously hilarious and sad.

How many 3rd parties have won while we're talking about logic? 2016 was there best shot and they finished with 3.3% of the vote. Their highest ever! GTFO

You think Trump was a better option than Biden?

Um, have you been asleep at the wheel since Biden took over? For all this “return to normalcy” and “experience” the guy has been a train wreck.

It’s not even partisan, he’s much less abrasive than his predecessor and his approval numbers are in the tank.

Reactions: GroupThink
Um, have you been asleep at the wheel since Biden took over? For all this “return to normalcy” and “experience” the guy has been a train wreck.

It’s not even partisan, he’s much less abrasive than his predecessor and his approval numbers are in the tank.

He sure as hell seems like it in hindsight. The worst of trump took place after losing. He did fine with Covid considering the vaccines (which was not clear during the election).

If the two square off in 2024 do you think Trump could win (obviously without actually trying to steal the election)?

That said, I'm doing just as good under Biden as I did under W, Obama, Dickhead, etc. Is my 401k and other investments down? Yes. Did they ever dip under the above mentioned? Yes. You know you're doing just as well too.

If I had to choose between Trump or Biden again, the choice is still very easy for me. Biden gets that vote 100 out of 100 times. I'll choose empathy over narcissism every time.

Last edited:
If I had to choose between Trump or Biden again, the choice is still very easy for me. Biden gets that vote 100 out of 100 times. I'll choose empathy over narcissism every time.
Except when posting about politics, then you choose patronizing and condescending every time.

Reactions: Panic1769
Except when posting about politics, then you choose patronizing and condescending every time.

Sorry, I didn't vote for Trump so I can't empathize with you on being a dipshit 👍. I have to come down to your level

Sorry, I didn't vote for Trump so I can't empathize with you on being a dipshit 👍. I have to come down to your level

I didn't vote for Trump. You are encouraging people who wouldn't otherwise vote for Trump or Republicans to do so. Well done on your part in dividing America!

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I live in Texas and Trump was going to win here now matter what I did. I voted third party as a protest against the two major parties. I could not bring myself to vote for Trump, Clinton, or Biden. They’re all amoral scumbags.
I didn’t want to choose the lesser of two evils so I voted the least evil of three.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I’m not going to participate in a broken system, that’s me doing something about it. I’m just waiting for everyone else to smarten up and join my way of thinking. If by some miracle there is ever an actual qualified individual running for president, I may consider voting, but probably wouldn’t. I came close last election, but just couldn’t vote for Biden. Too many people vote with their emotions and far too few vote with their brains. How do you suggest we fix what is clearly broken? By doing the same thing over and over? Do you ever expect a different outcome? Seems a little insane to me.
We got health care for millions of people and it took a veto-proof Dem majority to do it. We got a desperately needed infrastructure bill in less than a year and would have gotten far more with 2-3 more Dems in the Senate. The GOP has given us massive tax cuts for the wealthy and a SCOTUS that is hell-bent on stripping away basic rights - 'ceptin fer guns, of course. Ever'body gits one of them!

The idea that they are "both the same" is bullshit propaganda sold to you by the very powers you claim control the govt and you buy it hook, line, sinker...the whole fishing rod and tackle box. It has absolutely zero basis in reality.

I live in Texas and Trump was going to win here now matter what I did. I voted third party as a protest against the two major parties. I could not bring myself to vote for Trump, Clinton, or Biden. They’re all amoral scumbags.
I didn’t want to choose the lesser of two evils so I voted the least evil of three.
LOL...and you know that because? Did you vote for Mother Teresa? Might want to look into her, you know.

If the two square off in 2024 do you think Trump could win (obviously without actually trying to steal the election)?

That said, I'm doing just as good under Biden as I did under W, Obama, Dickhead, etc. Is my 401k and other investments down? Yes. Did they ever dip under the above mentioned? Yes. You know you're doing just as well too.

It’s possible he beats Biden. I don’t think he beats anyone else. He won’t get a vote from me because of what took place after losing in 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT